Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:24   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Viva CRDi- ORVM Issue

I had a small incident last week. While at a signal with a bus on my right side, on green i was slowly taking a right and the bus was also taking right and what he did was take a wider turn and this stupid manovuer resulted in emitting a crunching sound and to my shock saw the ORVM glass come off and lay shattered on the ground.

I quickly stopped and checked to fortunately find that only the glass came off and the assembly was intact.

I went to a car decor and got a glass for Rs.170 and fixed it. Within a day the glass keeps coming out and i went again and today morning again the glass came out. What do i do? Go to a different shop and get a good fixer to fix it or something wrong with the assembly mechanism inside and will it burn my pocket even more? Please suggest
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try to fix it back. I think the shop wala didnt fix it properly. I had the same problem with the OVRM in my car. Fixed it now. Are you using the old plastic surround around mirror or did you buy mirror + plastic surround? if its the first case where you just bought the mirror and fixed it to the old plastic surround, then maybe the plastic surround is broken and need to be replaced.

Worst case scenario, fix it with super glue (Feviquik).
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:21   #3
bhp
BHPian

u can also get side mirror lock installed then hence forth the mirror would never fall again even if there is a loose fit
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
u can also get side mirror lock installed then hence forth the mirror would never fall again even if there is a loose fit
what is this contraption? Can you post a pic and let me know where is it available ?
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@Spadival, i got the glass which has some kind of rubber frame around it. The shop wala was just trying to shove it into the 4 bracket spaces in the assembly ( even the back side of mirror had 4 hook types that will fit in perfectly). but, somehow it seems to last only for a day or two and then again it comes away. I will try sticking it with a glue and see if it works.

@bhp, heard of locking facility but never for a ORVM. Can you elaborate?
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:34   #6
bhp
BHPian

side mirror lock is available at any Accessory shop....the side mirror in my baleno always used to come off since its an aftermarket mirror but after getting a mirror lock it doesnt come out even in the worst case
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
side mirror lock is available at any Accessory shop....the side mirror in my baleno always used to come off since its an aftermarket mirror but after getting a mirror lock it doesnt come out even in the worst case
Can we have the benefit of a picture?
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:48   #8
bhp
BHPian

pic will come soon ......
Old 4th June 2008, 14:09   #9
bhp
BHPian

pic of the mirror lock
Attached Thumbnails
Viva CRDi- ORVM Issue-24052008.jpg  

Old 24th June 2008, 22:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have another more low tech idea which I used on the mirror on my indica... and it worked wonders..

My mirror too kept falling out ... so I resorted to fevikwik..

I carefully applied it to the assembly side.. to make sure that I do not jam up any moving parts. And then I fit the mirror. Too be doubly sure, I kept moving the mirror for about 3-4 mins (the way we adjust it) so that it does not get jammed.

It stayed on for about 2 years till I sold the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks