Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 10:56   #1
BHPian

Is there a Power Windows + Central Locking + Keyless entry Kit for ALTO?

I wanted to know how much does the MGA PWs for the ALTO Lxi cost and do they work just fine post installation?

Futher, is there any Power Windows + Central Locking + Keyless entry Kit available in the market....if yes then how much does it cost and has anyone installed it?

Lastly, can anyone tell me where to buy one in Kolkata?
Old 27th May 2008, 11:23   #2
BHPian

Hey sabret00the I have no ideas about the MGA Power Windows . As far as the the Keyless Entry Kit + Central Locking is concerned most Keyless Entry Systems come with a Central Locking System. I have been using a Piranha DX Security System for the past 2 years and I have had no problem with . Infact I forgot to change the keyless entry system's remote's battery . Don't know about others though. It has got central locking for 4 doors + Sound Sensitive Alarm + Panic Alarm + Intrusion Alarm and many more stuff and it has been working perfectly . Costed me around 8k or this system back in '06 in Chennai . Now these are available for about 4.5k in Chennai . And please don't go to Maruti Udyog Limited for the power windows . They can quote a ransom . Go for after-market ones from Autocop etc.. I've been advised by many people not to go for the power windows but anyways it's your call . It should be costing you a max of 8k I think . I told you already I don't have any idea about the power windows .

Cheers
Old 27th May 2008, 11:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you use Nippon for the keyless entry, Its the OE available for most Maruti. Alto doesnt come OE with central locking.

Power windows, get the OE one installed, though not of the greatest quality, you can run back to the service center incase of issues. Aftermarket, you have autocop, Xenos, RD (I think this is the maruti MGA) etc. I would suggest you stick to the manual windows if you use them a lot. These windows especially maruti tends to have issues with frequent use.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:56   #4
BHPian

i am sure you can get your hands on OE parts for PW and central locking....Any authorized Maruti service station should help you out....Alto VX/VXi came with PW and central locking...
Old 27th May 2008, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dealer talked me out of buying PW kit for Alto (as per him, too many complaints) and this was coming from 3 different dealers in Mumbai.

Paid 5.5K for Central locking + Keyless entry kit from Nippon. I suggest you buy it from outside (check if it is okay w.r.t warranty).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks