Team-BHP - Gifted!Force GAMA E-III - Internal modifications - need Advice.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Gifted!Force GAMA E-III - Internal modifications - need Advice. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/40316-gifted-force-gama-e-iii-internal-modifications-need-advice.html)

Hi Team BHP!:) Am a new member here and this is my first post.
Am the most happiest person now since I discovered this Team while slogging the web for my Query.
I request to please advise on the following issue:

HISTORY:
My family now has a GAMA E – III with AC,PS and a good up market Music system.
This is going to be and WILL be our family car for six members.Why? Because my brother who’s in the Army got it, since he loved it, but now going back to his duties he doesn’t want it back since he already has 14 of them at his disposal 24 hrs a day!!.So left it with me rather gifted it to me – the most rugged, truest MUV ever built in India!!!!
The FORCE GAMA E-III !!!

PROBLEM, ERRR…… QUERY!:
WOW! What a vehicle! No questions or comments on the drive or engine, except for the interiors. The seats are not supportive at all.AC is good and cools well. No power windows .But above all,I love this beast, seems to me the true performer much better than the Innova and Scorpio with this price around 7-8 Lakh and its FREE for me!!!clap:

MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Want to make following changes to the interior - Can anyone please guide me to any workshop in Andhra Pradesh who would do this?
Will the Warranty be void for these changes?(Just for information because ,I wouldn’t mind losing Warranty, because these vehicles have never been wrong most of the times, as my brother told me)
To end ,kindly excuse and advise on any mistakes commited since this is my first post.

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures will be reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system. We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

dude can we have some pictures of the beast.

please pardon my ignorance...but is this the gama version.

what color is it

Congrats, but Gama with AC, PS can't be 7-8 lakhs. About 8lakhs would get you a Gurkha itself.

You are referring to this one right? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...trax-gama.html

Ohh you must be the only Bhpian with this car!! And the Mods you speak of are MAJOR. Considering you are going to revamp the entire interior. The closest city to you should be hyderabad. So i think the HYD Bhpians should be able to help you out. Good luck..

Welcome to Team-BHP, Alton. Some of the modifications you require are simply, while some aren't so. Let me explain:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton (Post 846802)
[*]Want to change seating pattern as 2+2+3 with Captain seats on front , middle and a rear bench, forward facing. The driver seat being adjustable for height and rake.

If you intend to accomodate more passengers than standard in the Gama, you will require RTO permission.

Sourcing seats, or even making custom ones is not a problem. The challenge will be in perfect installation of the same, and ensuring safety & room for all passengers. I suggest you visit a Force authorised service outlet and see if they can source guard rails etc. for you.

Quote:

[*]Additional padding with foam on Roof, Door pillars, and Door pads.
Simple job. Any upholstery expert will do this for you.

Quote:

[*]Roof mounted middle and Rear AC vents.
Mid-level job. Go to a competent air-con shop and evaluate between different options. If you want a simpler solution, install a powerful front air-con.

Quote:

[*]Change Dash board completely with larger AC vents, a slot for Stereo in middle, and a more pleasant Instrument panel.
[*]

I don't recommend this as retrofitting a dashboard, with a different design than stock, is a complex job. I doubt you will be able to get the ergonomics right. The fit / finish will be nightmarish too. It will be best for you to stick to the current layout.

Quote:

Change Steering wheel – trendier and soft to feel.
[*]

Simple job. Visit any local accessory shop.

Quote:

Change to Alloys.( One change on the exterior!)
Simple job at any tyre shop. Make sure that you check for the correct upgrade size with our resident tyre expert "iraghava".

Quote:

Can anyone please guide me to any workshop in Andhra Pradesh who would do this?
As Cyrus has posted, Hyderabad will be your best bet in sourcing vendors.

hey alton!
welcome to team-bhp.

well for all the above you have to options

a) head towards the nearest reputed car accersories store and they will get all the above things (except the dashboard i guess).

there are many good ones in hyd like twisters, indiandecars, sprocket (heard u get a team bhp discount here!) , harry's, pitstop etc etc.

b) get everything done indivdually which would require more time and a bit of effort from your side.

head down to lal bahadur stadium, there are two big ac stores there, both of them have done many trax/gama ac installations.

apparently these vehicles are very popular in places like bellary,raichur and all and the owners come down to hyd to get the a/c installs done.

seats either u can head down to afzal gunj (near osmania hosp) and pick up old ones and get them re done. u will see many stores there selling old car stuff in those bylanes. or pick up news ones of innova or alike.

the fitment of the seats, any good car bodywork shop can do it.

the upholestry of the seats, the side panels and all the other stuff like the alloys wheels can be done by any car accessories store person

rahter than changing the dash, would suggest you to get it painted or leathered up in beige colour or the planned colour of your upholstery.

lemme know if u need any help,will def try and help out. take care, drive safe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 848539)
Congrats, but Gama with AC, PS can't be 7-8 lakhs. About 8lakhs would get you a Gurkha itself...

You are right...the onroad price of Gama with AC/PS in TN is around 6.5Lakhs.

Honda dude,even am very very ignorant of automotive models and specs.Yes it seems as GAMA from the front.Mine is Black.I dont know whether its metallic or carbon black ,but it does shine well after a damp rub.
I wanted to post the pictures when the modifications are ready.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 848539)
Congrats, but Gama with AC, PS can't be 7-8 lakhs. About 8lakhs would get you a Gurkha itself.

You are referring to this one right? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...trax-gama.html

Senior Samurai,
Thanks.Apologies for the ignorance on pricing.It was my brother who bought it for us.He simply gave us the price as between'7-8 Lakh'.
I believe you are right on this.Gurkha is costlier than Gama.

Thanks to ALL especially,
Senior aadix for suggesting the best places to shop around.
Senior super admin GTO for warning on the Dos and Donts of the modifications.
Senior Cyrus for the good words.
Senior Samurai and Blue Thunder for the Pricing.

Thanks for the support,will post the pics on the modifications at the earliest by this month end.

Regarding the dashboard. I looked at various options.

I have seen a few custom dashboards, but haven't found anyone yet who makes one. what you can do is measure up the dashboard from a similar UVs like Bolero, Sumo etc and see if you can install one of those with minor modifications.

I really like the SUVs from Force motors, but the problem is that you need to invest about a lakh to do up the interiors, i.e seats, dashboard, etc and you end up spending the same amount of money that can buy you a Scorpio or a Safari. If only Force would take the effort to bring the interiors on par with similarly priced UVs such as the Bolero or Sumo it would sell much better. But I guess the marketing/product savy of Force motors has been discussed to death on this board.