Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 08:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The driver will, to make money, pilfer at least 5 litres. Less than that where will he sell? I dont think he will manage to sell less than that to anyone.
I have seen many two wheelers getting very small quantities filled into their rides - numbers so small that it would be embarrasing to mention them on a public forum!

@ Kahaadu: This 'solution' will be very short lived. The 'intelligence' network of these drivers is not inconsiderable; they will pass on the information to each of their 'members' that this car runs out of fuel at exactly so-and-so point on the fuel gauge.
What do you have in mind? Are you trying to catch them out on filling malpractices or for doing extra mileage?
Old 1st June 2008, 09:54   #17
BANNED

hi have a simple solution for this what u thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I know it sounds strange .. but the thing is that I have 2 M800's , 1 MPFI and the other is a carbed model . I wanto to know if its possible to tamper with the sensor of the fuel gauge in the meter -- in a manner that the needle drops much slower than actual thus giving it a wrong reading but at the same time can another fuel gauge be fitted somewhere else where its concealed but that should show the actual reading of the amount of fuel in the tank .

So basically two fuel gauges in the car connected to the same fuel sensor but both showing diff readings .. One showing original and the other showing an altered reading .

Is this possible ??? URGENT ...
hi
the solution is simple the car must be fuel injection
and must have obd2 connector
then i can make a device were u can connect this to odb2
it will simply record all functions including millage
etc
this device can be password protection
so can be tamper proof but
1 must not remove connector will driving other wise data is lost
br
narry
Old 1st June 2008, 10:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is quite rare for the fuel sensor with float located in the tank of modern-day cars to go bust to know much about it and in some of these cases mostly they are replaced than repaired. I'm saying this because I posed this query of Khaadu's to the electrician at my garage (whom I think is competent), and he said it involved too much of electronics to tamper with.

Probably, he was either not knowing much about or unwilling to experiment, plus you need a guinea pig to to do R&D that many may not be willing. What he otherwise told me cocked my ears. He said that the fuel sensor in cars of yore like Ambys & fiats were of simpler make like a cistern's ball cock contraption and repairable. He said that by adjusting (bending) the arm of the float the meter could be made to display wrong readings.
Old 1st June 2008, 12:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

you may have to recalibrate the fuel gauge itself, do not touch the sensor , or you will get wrong reading on the additional gauge to, you can connect two gauges in parallel [ie: the wires go to both the gauge from same point], modify the internals of the standard gauge by opening it up, theres a coil around the gauge needle which has to drop the current faster then the factory setting, any local gauge wala will know this [or car electrician will know it]. this will give you the reading you want.
Old 1st June 2008, 13:31   #20
BHPian

simple if its a ordinary mechanical/resistance gauge.

Get one ordinary meter and one resistance sensor for the tank. Do not connect any circuit in parallel. It can be done but requires a lot of physics/mathematics and I know zilch in mathematics to help you any further.
Forget tampering with electronic fuel gauges.

Fitting two sensors in the tank is going to be laborious as you will have to make a 2 or 3 inch hole to put in your new sensor which means removing your tank and emptying it of all flammable fluids ( petrol/kerosene) in your case.
Calibrating it to the way you want is very easy for the fuel gauge repair guy though they are a dying breed as repairs are hard to some by these days since majority are using electronic meters these days.
Old 1st June 2008, 19:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
How about changing the locks so only you have the key to the fuel filler tube?
I thought of this too. Problem is, drivers also steal fuel straight from the engine bay.
Old 1st June 2008, 20:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

A good electrician can handle this and this is possible. However its better to go with stock.

You might end up in troubled judgement by yourself or someone else by these modifications.

go in for the GPS. This GPS device is installed in many of pvt. travel's taxis like Indica ( travelled in one ) and busses also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks