Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 17:05   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bulk Purchase: Osram Headlamps Delhi.

Guys,

I had been scouting around for a pair of headlamps and was confused as to which ones to buy. I was made to believe that there are a lot of fakes of Philips and Osram floating in the market. Whilst I was deciding which one of the two to go for, I came across this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

) Headlight-bulb upgrade: I upgraded the stock headlights to Osram Nightbreakers (H4, 60/55). I had 100/80 Philips RALLYEs on the Palio, and the Osrams are almost as good. They claim 90% more light and 10% whiter light than ordinary 60/55s. I must say their claim holds up. I could test them with about an hour of night driving (mostly city, just a bit of highway).

The light is much brighter and better defined in dim-mode. Objects on the road are illuminated very well. The area of light is also very well-defined, with the borders of the light very evident, and cut-off almost surgically. The light is almost as bright as the 100/80s I was used to, and the light is indeed a bit whiter than the stock H/Ls. All this at the same wattage as stock.

In high-mode, the throw is longer (than stock), and the illumination of far-off objects is excellent. However, illumination of the area right in front of the car is poorer than stock. But then, the driving-lights/puddle-lights do a great job of lighting up this area, so I have no issues there. I did not upgrade the bulbs in the driving lights.

I took a while to decide on these, as they are actually a bit more expensive than a pair of 100/80s with a relay. But because these are of stock wattage, they are plug-n-play: No relay needed. One issue here is that if one bulb blows, I'll need to buy a pair as replacement - these are available only in pairs. But then, the risk of these blowing is much lesser than 100/80s. And, these (supposedly) generate lesser heat than the 100/80s, so the life of the headlight dome (blackening issues) is much less, as against 100/80s.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the light-upgrade.
I think I will give the above a try.

Now the question of sourcing them. I looked around for Osram contact numbers and someone in their corporate office told them they have only ONE authorised dealer in Delhi.

Suri enterprises in Kahmere Gate. I thought of calling him up and approaching him. Then came up with the idea of posting this and asking if anymore members are interested in buying Osram bulbs so that we can maybe go for a bulk deal or something. Can have a mini meet while getting and fitting them

Interested anyone ?

Also, if anyone wants contact number of Suri enterprises, please PM me. Not posting here coz I think its not allowed, or is it ?
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Eddy,

I am game for it. I think I do not want to mess with headlights with 100/90 wt. So OSRAM night breaker is the best bet.

Can you please arrange the meet and I will join in. Weekends are good for me.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

BTW,whats the cost of Osram Night Brakers ?
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

In gurgaon, one shop quoted 1600 Rs
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

In gurgaon, one shop quoted 1600 Rs
Well,thats a bit steep.

but i will be interested in seeing someone compare them with 100/130+relay kind of setup.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
What kind of cost are we looking at? Provided we go for stock wattage-60/55 in my case.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
What kind of cost are we looking at? Provided we go for stock wattage-60/55 in my case.
Right now i'm using Osram Silverstar +50 which costed me 350 a piece.

and it is around 25% better than stock bulbs.

Now if i'm spending 1600,then i should have substantial increase in beam intensity and throw,otherwise cost is not justified.

Please dont take me wrong,but it should be worth.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:22   #8
Team-BHP Support

I just spoke to the Suri Enterprises Guy. He is out of stock but has suggested another Osram retailer in Karol Bagh.
Cost (approx)
NightBreakers 1200 a pair
HyperWhite 750 a pair
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys,

I had been scouting around for a pair of headlamps and was confused as to which ones to buy. I was made to believe that there are a lot of fakes of Philips and Osram floating in the market. Whilst I was deciding which one of the two to go for, I came across this

I think I will give the above a try.

Now the question of sourcing them. I looked around for Osram contact numbers and someone in their corporate office told them they have only ONE authorised dealer in Delhi.

Suri enterprises in Kahmere Gate. I thought of calling him up and approaching him. Then came up with the idea of posting this and asking if anymore members are interested in buying Osram bulbs so that we can maybe go for a bulk deal or something. Can have a mini meet while getting and fitting them

Interested anyone ?

Also, if anyone wants contact number of Suri enterprises, please PM me. Not posting here coz I think its not allowed, or is it ?
Eddy,

I would like to buy these too. Count me in!
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke to the Suri Enterprises Guy. He is out of stock but has suggested another Osram retailer in Karol Bagh.
Cost (approx)
HyperWhite 750 a pair
What is the difference between the two?
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
What is the difference between the two?
I have seen documentation and videos for night breaker. I understand that they have 10% whiter light and have a good throw and all.

Never heard of this Hyperwhite, can someone throw some light on this. I am guessing that they might have purely white light.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Yep, the latter has white light with a bluish tinge. Not for me. I will go with Nightbreakers only.

So we are 4 of us as I understand. 3 Swifts and an SX4 ?
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cost (approx)
HyperWhite 750 a pair
1200 is good, lets go for it. Is it from dealer, and made in Germany?

Even I am also no no for white bulb unless its HID

Also I am sure its H4 for SX4, but I will confirm it after reading manual.

Last edited by rkbharat : 2nd June 2008 at 21:33.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, the latter has white light with a bluish tinge. Not for me. I will go with Nightbreakers only.

So we are 4 of us as I understand. 3 Swifts and an SX4 ?
So, what's the update, eddy? Lets buy it, or have you thought of any other alternatives?
Old 5th June 2008, 16:28   #15
Team-BHP Support

Osram +50% is 300/pair, not 350/piece. You got cheated.
We bought them for this price in Ludhiana from Osram dealer last year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks