Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 19:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

ICE
JBL 607C
JBL 1202d
JBL gt5 sub
JVC dvd player with usb

and two local alpine amps(will be upgraing soon to better amps)
13" plati m6 replica
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-image_011.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_012.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_017.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_019.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_020.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_021.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_022.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image_025.jpg  

Old 5th June 2008, 10:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Zenster,
Check the below post on Blueraven's modded zen.
Maruti Zen 98 Loaded with Hifonics Audio - blueraven316's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Old 12th June 2008, 20:12   #18
BHPian

Update

Hello frenz...

lemme start by saying an BIG THANK YOU to all the suggestions makers....Thanks a lot people....
Here are the some updates for the project we have undertaken..

Pic-1,2: First step, got some scratches removed from the body and all of them from the bumpers. Got the door panels and the handles, the running board under the doors, the side rear view mirrors, bumpers painted in metallic black(deco with laqour for the shine).

Pic-3,4: Second step, got the wheels painted matt black. Inside panels like door handle panels, ac vents, AC console, the center (horn) part of the steering, gear knobs etc painted in the same metallic black. custom made front grill in matt black. removed all logos (Maruti Suzuki and Zen LX) from the back and replaced then with a single Suzuki "S", this was due to the chrome finish scrapped out of the original ones.

Next steps will include, getting the Zen part of the monogram from the new Estilo back, getting HU mostly Xplod GT 470s, custom made seats and steering with a mixture of maroon velvet and black PU. Then the alloys may come.....

Now for a few questions about performance on my car please.... My cars pick-up seems to have dropped considerably since the last couple of days....but my mech is unable see the issue for some reason....Also i wanted to know what the best speeds for different gears for the Zen to get the best fuel efficiency.....and the best City and HIghway steady speeds to me maintained at 4th and 5th gear for best FE again.

As always all you suggestions are welcome and required....thanks a million fellas.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-untitled.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-0608.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-0612_185341.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-0608_164701.jpg  

Old 12th June 2008, 21:23   #19
BHPian

Awesome start. Keep it coming.
Old 12th June 2008, 21:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

please, PLEASE dont get an XPLOD HU. they arent reliable , and the pios sound better. what's your budget ?
Old 12th June 2008, 22:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

The car looks nice now.
Slightly O.T How do you find driving around with MH plates here in Bangalore. I am planning to get down my Zen here hence the question.
Old 12th June 2008, 22:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

A big NO to sony HU please. And how about getting a chrome lip paintjob on the black wheels and smoke the rear lamps and front indicators.

BTW your ride looks good now but the pics dont do justice to the revamp, please post better quality pics without any shake.

Last edited by badboyscad : 12th June 2008 at 22:35.
Old 12th June 2008, 23:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
My cars pick-up seems to have dropped considerably since the last couple of days....but my mech is unable see the issue for some reason....Also i wanted to know what the best speeds for different gears for the Zen to get the best fuel efficiency.....and the best City and HIghway steady speeds to me maintained at 4th and 5th gear for best FE again.

As always all you suggestions are welcome and required....thanks a million fellas.....
1st get a tacho installed and then redline in evey gear .

Here is my 2 cents

Check whether your air-filter has accumulated dust and grime on it.Get the Injectors cleaned, check spark plugs and last but not the least get the throttle body cleaned.

BTW nice looking Zen.
Old 13th June 2008, 07:16   #24
BHPian

Thanks guys...i knew i was going wrong with the starters...Better pics will come this weekend....apologize for the shake....

About the Xplod HU....I am getting the 470S (MP3 & USB) for 5050/- grey (thats by budget)....i opted for Xplod after speaking to some frenz...according to them Pio has lower vocals clarity and more of sound/music....have no experience with either so cant say....but my taste os music is on the lighter side....just smooth Hindi nos....not too much of a Rock fan....so the vocals part made sense to me....Please correct me if i'm wrong here....

@badboyscad: Smoking is something i wanna get done....any idea on where in bangalore can i get someone reliable to do it and i how much wud it cost...I dont wanna reduce the brightness of the lights too much.....and this smoking - is it just a faint coat of paint that goes on the inner surface of the lamps ???

@heavy_foot: Thanks for appreciation mate....And i have been using the car in Bangy for 1.5 mnths now.....no one has caused any issues....i have driven as far as the new Airport (Tooo Far)....No cop has caught me so far.....I haven't even paid the Tax for Karnataka yet....So dont worry...Have a lot of friends using their cars for years with no issues at all....

@rjstyles69: I would love to get a Tacho installed....How much do they cost and since aftermarket how accurate are they...any good place in bangy i can get them ??? and thanks for the servicing tips....will speak to mech this weekend....

Keep the suggestions coming frens.......Long live Team-BHP
Old 13th June 2008, 12:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

@zenster: no idea about lamp smoking in Bangalore, but the bangy boys will be able to help you out with this. Yes, it is a coat of paint(but not the normal paint) and it can also be done by using tint sheets.

Regarding brightness of lights, dont smoke the headlamps.

The Zen Modifications Thread-sil-lip-zen.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-sm-zen.jpg
Old 13th June 2008, 12:57   #26
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots (eg....like.....this).

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further. Thanks

@Badboyscad: Thanks for your work yaar....I loved it....I have seen your work on the Autopsyche Mitsubishi 3000T project as well ....you are the best at these pic mods buddy....I would love to see more of your ideas on my ride...

I am planning to get the lamps lightly smoked not completely black so that they dont look the regular ones and neighter would the brightness take a beating....

I needs our frens from Bangalore to help me with finding expierenced fellows to do this job....Please help guys.....

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2008 at 18:05.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:54   #27
BHPian

Here are some better pics for the car. badboyscad has a better template to work on
Now for a surprise (was for me atleast) the wheels on my ride already 13". Yes its true i measured it yesterday and they are 13 inchers. I compared it to a wagon R old model in my locality and the wheels are the same as the wagon R...guess the prev owner changed it. So my plans on Alloys are dropped. I now plan to put better rubber on the same rims, keep them back and put a steel/chrome rim on the wheels outer arch .

Also i'm still awaiting suggestions of where in bangalore can i get smoking done for the head/tail lamps.

Also since all u guys mentioned can someone gimme the prices for the Pio HU with MP3 and USB both with B&W and in gray. Just wanna compare them with Xplod prices.

Like always thanks for the suggestions so far and keep them coming.

(Mods if u think appropriate, please delete the earlier pics from me with bad quality (keep the badboyscad ones please), with save some space i guess )
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2340.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2341.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2342.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2343.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2344.jpg  

Old 15th June 2008, 02:59   #28
BHPian

Zens pre 2002 did come with 13 inchers didn't they?
Old 15th June 2008, 09:10   #29
BHPian

Hey Rohan, gud question mate. But i'm still confused, the steel rims i measured to be 13" but the MRF ZVTS Tyres Read 145/80 R12. So i'm really not sure. Can somebody throw some light in it.

I got a qoute of Rs.2000 for smoking the 4 lamps is that gud?

Also i have a friend coming down from US, in a couple of months, is there somethink i can ask him to get form there, like a HU or something else. Anyone with Pioneers HU prices?

What do u guys says , what shud it be?

Also i'm planning to add a pedestal tacho on the extreme right of the dash, what do u guys think? my budget is not too much for it, about 1-2k max, is it possible to get the one with shift indicator in that price?

Awaiting your reponse frens.
Old 15th June 2008, 10:43   #30
BHPian

If the tyres are r12s rims cannot be 13".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks