Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-1.jpg  

Old 16th June 2008, 00:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsriharsha View Post
This is my stock zen.
Guys can you guess the model ?
95-96 Zen? If you could show the pic of the rims i can confirm Nice upgrade with the grills.
Old 16th June 2008, 01:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is my stock zen.
Guys can you guess the model ?
your car is a 97-98 model. i am guessing that cause your ORVM is like the 1s available in that period and the 1s on zenster's car is the 1s available in the post '99 models if i am not wrong. Also it seems you have upgraded your grill to the type II style again which is available in the post '99 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Rohan, gud question mate. But i'm still confused, the steel rims i measured to be 13" but the MRF ZVTS Tyres Read 145/80 R12. So i'm really not sure. Can somebody throw some light in it.

I got a qoute of Rs.2000 for smoking the 4 lamps is that gud?

Also i have a friend coming down from US, in a couple of months, is there somethink i can ask him to get form there, like a HU or something else. Anyone with Pioneers HU prices?

What do u guys says , what shud it be?

Also i'm planning to add a pedestal tacho on the extreme right of the dash, what do u guys think? my budget is not too much for it, about 1-2k max, is it possible to get the one with shift indicator in that price?

Awaiting your reponse frens.
Hey nice work done there to your car!cheers:
I guess you should now put chrome rings on your already blackened wheels. Your car will look hotter and your steel rims will look attractive and it is practical at the same time.

Do you actually think it is worth paying Rs.2000/- for smoking your lights??
If i'm not wrong you get good AM shifters for not less than 3.5ks. One of my friend got some AutoGauge 1 for about 6.5k and its pretty neat.
Old 16th June 2008, 01:43   #35
BHPian

Hey Zenster, thats some sweet mods you did so far. Its all just right, neither too loud nor too subtle. I have a zen too and have been delaying my plans for it. Well, a few pointers for your car to look better,

a. Do smoke tail lamps and indicators
b. Please put rear mudflaps (If possible, get hold of Sparco mudflaps)
c. On the boot, The Suzuki logo looks like a bindi, my suggestion, paint the boot key hole to matt black (if you can, then the logo will be more prominent)
d. Regarding performance, get a tacho, FFE, K&N and if your getting new tyres, fill them up with Nitrogen.
e. I was always in search of the m6 replica rims (@manikjeet, how much did they cost you?), meanwhile, I wanted to paint my rims black too. And just yest, I saw a car with black rims and a chrome lip. I mistook it for an alloy and later saw that its a oem rim. Go for the chrome lip.
f. Go for brigher headlight bulbs (If budget permits, HID is the way)
g. Here at qatar, many cars have white number plate bulbs. Looks cool. I think they are the same bulbs as the parking lights. You can fit the white ones.
h. I am going to fit strobes in the parking lights, so if you some flashy display, you could put in a pair.
g. Get some add on skirts for the 2 bumpers and the sides.

I would suggest you against stickering designs on the car, leave it the way it is. Give it a single tone paintjob.

Am going to start all the mods on my car in july. Just cant wait. Am already missing my car like crazy. I bought the car 2 months back and never got the time to get her checked up completely. So far, she was a little unreliable. Broke down in the most unexpected situations with some weird problem. As of now, shes in a good state and only one problem, the car steers to the left. I tried changing tires, laser wheel balancing, etc. I think its an issue with the suspension. So once I get a green signal that I can rely on her completely, ill go ahead with the mods, or else, I think its time for me to go for a new car. BTW, mine is White 2001 Di.

Ill keep an eye on this thread from now.

Cheers,
Sagar.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:43   #36
BHPian

@srsriharsha: Nice Car pal and dont get me worng but please dont divert from the topic, if you have a question or a suggestion you are more than welcome, but i dont see why you found this topic appropriate for posting the car pic with no questions or suggestions.

@s2: Thanks for appreciating pal, chrome rings are coming soon, may be a weeks time, will keep you guys posted. And 6.5k for the Autogauge is not good option of me and I would want the smoked lights too. So i plan to do a balancing act there. BTW, tinting the lamps from Kit-ups costs close to 5k, as per the quote they sent for my Zen. So i plan to go for cheaper Tach and Smoking inside the 4-5k total.

With that in mind, guys please take a look at these:
1: Amazon.com: Tinted 7 Color 3 3/4 Tachometer w/ Shift Light: Automotive
2: Amazon.com: Black Digital Tachometer & Red LED Shift Light: Automotive
3: Amazon.com: Sunpro CP7900 Sport Super Tachometer - Black Dial: Automotive
4: Amazon.com: Sunpro CP7905 Super Tachometer III - Black Dial: Automotive

Are these any good, these seem good at the price. Like i mentioned i can get my friend to get it from US (She is a lady so cant expect her to go shopping for it ).

@Sagar: You are more than welcome to this thread and anything that can help you. The BINDI part is correct, even i felt the same and hence here are the plans to make it look better. Will paint the key hole black and get ZEN monogram from the new estilo's(minus the ESTILO) on the left and plan to get a small international style number plate on the right. That leave the bumper, will get it meshed like the fron one.
Once i do the smoking, I'll get the brighter bulbs too. Please check and lemme know on my Tach comments above. Me Not a fan to stickers too so that will never be done on my car . All the best with your car mate.

All,
Still awaiting your response on all my questions, keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 03:56. Reason: Please do not post in all bold text.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:16   #37
BHPian

yep its 97 model.
Got to change the ORVM.
what other thing points out the model ?
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-24052008.jpg  

Old 16th June 2008, 11:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yep its 97 model.
Got to change the ORVM.
what other thing points out the model ?
thanks
MUL had not made many chages in the Zen for almost 10 years till 2004 when the facelifted 1 the type 3 was launched (the one prior to the estilo). You can spot the difference between the type1 and 2 models by seeing the grill, ORVMs, steering wheel, gear knob and even the speedometer gauges and yes the biggest difference would be the esteem steel rims 13" ka. These ara all external differences. also all type 1s came with carb engines as compared to the latter that came with mpfi 1s which are a little peppier and slightly more fuel efficient.

@Zenster: i said you do get gauges worth 3.5k and the range goes all the way till 10k+. And can i just tell you a small thing- "good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good (accurate in this case)". And please
make sure you get it installed from a professional for best results.

drive safe,
S2!!!
Old 16th June 2008, 17:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
"good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good (accurate in this case)".
Exactly! I would suggest you to go for an Autogauge Tacho first and give the next preference to smoking. Here is a link to the tacho thread, have a read.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...chometers.html

You do get tachos cheaper too. If you are ok with basic tacho with no bells and whistles, then the best bet would be a pricol tacho. But sourcing in one will be a tough job.
Old 21st June 2008, 16:07   #40
BHPian

Wheels done...

Hello freinds i'm back. Attached are the pics from the next phase of getting the silver rims and hub caps for the wheels.

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2362.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2363.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-img_2364.jpg  

Old 21st June 2008, 17:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hello freinds i'm back. Attached are the pics from the next phase of getting the silver rims and hub caps for the wheels.

Here you go...
I have a few questions:
  • Have you covered or smoked the front indicators? It is too opaque.
  • How did you get only parts of your rim in silver? Is it some kind of plating? How much did it cost you?
Please answer.
Old 21st June 2008, 20:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

@zenster: your car has got a new look with those silver lips. looks very good. what next?
Old 21st June 2008, 22:37   #43
BHPian

@MissionAbler: Well the front indicators are not smoked per say, not yet atleast. Its just a coat of black spray paint i tried to see how it looks with black lamps. And this coat is from outside the plastic cover hence the extra opaqueness. The actual smoking effects will come soon.
And as far as the rims are concerned, I got chrome platted steels rings which clipped onto the edge of the rims and clipped them on and the result is for you to judge. The cost for the whole job was Spray Paint(Black) Can-Rs.380, Steel Rings-1100, and the steel hubs for center-Rs.300. The original idea was from mech a service center near my house and if was reinforced by Badboy's pics below and i cant thank them enough.

@badboyscad:Thanks mate, the idea, like i mentioned, was reinforced by your work on the car pics. The next is going to be the smoking all lamps and Interiors - I mean the seating specifically and the steering cover. Then the HU will make way. Also getting a basic Tacho in the 2-3k range max. But All this might happen tentatively early next month as i'm looking at paying the Bangy Road Tax and get the car in my name first and this will cost me a good 20-25k or so. Any other suggestions???

Like always frens, keep your suggestions,comments, criticism etc coming.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

@Zenster the silver is looking good on your wheels. Add side impact beams na on your doors (those black horizontal pattis) for a nice black and red combi on your car. BTW what is the next mod planned?? Have you planned to add a small antenna on the rear of your car??
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
@Zenster the silver is looking good on your wheels. Add side impact beams na on your doors (those black horizontal pattis) for a nice black and red combi on your car. BTW what is the next mod planned?? Have you planned to add a small antenna on the rear of your car??
Thanks S2. Black Patti will look good, will check its availability soon . About the small antenna, i'm not too keen, simple reason is that the car i covered with body cover when parked at home cos Bangy is very dusty city and i can stand a dirty car mate. And secondly the antenna you referring to is it of any use or just for the look of it? any pics of which ones u talking about i have seen a few Indica Cabbies having them and wont want the same on my baby...whats your take on it??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks