Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2008, 10:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Satya
What bulbs are u using?
Old 6th July 2008, 14:47   #92
BHPian

Amazing work BBS. I tried meshing up the grill and bumper of my old zen,but didnt work good.Actually,it is my mistake only,instead of meshing up from inside,i did it from outside.Didnt care to cut the linings inside too. Attaching the pictures of my ride herewith.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-zennnnn.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-zenn.jpg  

Old 8th July 2008, 14:01   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Satya
What bulbs are u using?
Both are HIDs. Headlamps have H4 HiLo HIDs,
Fogs have H3 single filament HIDs
Old 8th July 2008, 14:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionAbler View Post
Here is another version of eyelids.
what are these eyelids made of ? paint, or some sort of stickering ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th July 2008 at 14:10.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:52   #95
BHPian

@Mission Alber

dude your alloys looks neat " recently got 13 inch, 5 spoke, gun metal finish, hijoin alloys for my Zen. Here are the pictures:" - are the alloys 13x 5J or 13x 5.5J??

Iam planning to upgrade my zen tyres to 165/60/R13, need suggestion on alloys.

@ Zenster you are an inspiration to laid back zen owner like me who keeps thinking or pimiping his ride..but postpone it. Iam starting from alloys this weekend. I will be more interested in performance mods.

thanks
Old 8th July 2008, 15:01   #96
BHPian

@Praneet71

dude loved your car. What is your alloy wheels profile is it 13x5J or 13x5.5J?.

Also where did uou get the cup holder fitted, looks awesome. Loved the MOMO aswell.

Time for my ZEN to go for a revamp. Love the car, and feel one of the best on Indian Road. Delivers more than the price paid. And I feel it doesn't age at all. What do you guyz say?
Old 8th July 2008, 15:52   #97
BHPian

And as far as the rims are concerned, I got chrome platted steels rings which clipped onto the edge of the rims and clipped them on and the result is for you to judge. The cost for the whole job was Spray Paint(Black) Can-Rs.380, Steel Rings-1100, and the steel hubs for center-Rs.300. The original idea was from mech a service center near my house and if was reinforced by Badboy's pics below and i cant thank them enough.

Hi Zenster,

Nice work donecheers:. I'm also a fellow Bhpn from B'lore. I have a Black WagonR, VXI. Want to know from where did you buy those steel rings?? I have enquired in somany shops in J C Road but no luck.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what are these eyelids made of ? paint, or some sort of stickering ?
Please check this Web site for more information on eyelids Headlight Eyelids Eyebrows - Paintable Polyurethane Car Eyelids

In short, they could be sticker, plastic, or carbon fiber.
Old 9th July 2008, 04:30   #99
BHPian

woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Just added some Hella fogs to the bumpers, sorry for the horrible snap quality. Visibility is superb now, even when it rains.

Dude blueraven your zen is by far the best i have ever seen love the whole design not a big fan of the colour though but love the design would prefer the coulor white or black or red,my car is white will definately want to mod it soon. any ideas guys?
Old 10th July 2008, 09:36   #100
BHPian

Hello Guys, just got G-Sport art leather seats for my car. Will post some pics soon. the cockpit looks much better now
Hey I am now thinking of integrating the indicators in the headlight itself in place of the parking lights and put rectangular Fog lamps, high power ones. I wanted to know if that is a possibility and is it advisable to do that? Or is it better to leave it the way it is and put fog lamps like Vishwanath has done in post #58.
I was also thinking if PShop experts can help with a wild idea, how about the eyelids you tried be taken to the nest level. Lets give them an aggressive look like the No Fear Eyes below.
Attached Images

Old 10th July 2008, 11:29   #101
BHPian

You may consider inserting orange bulbs into the wraparounds and tweaking the circuitry. Also check tidzter's Zen on page 4. You can already see the orangish tint on the wraparounds.
Old 10th July 2008, 17:39   #102
BHPian

Finally I am charged with this particular thread,I have MPFI Zen LX 2003 which is very rarely Driven and believe me it has completed merely 9500 kms till date,as a result it still has a very peppy response but still I need a good exhaust note to please my ear drums.

There are some queries to be solved here first....
1) I need the F430 exhaust notes,I know its not possible with this 999cc,4 pot machine,but as i have gone through Ferrari's(F40) exhaust system,there are nearly seven chambers in the muffler which results in soothing Ferrari Music that it produces,
the same exhaust technology is been adapted by multiple custom aftermarket exhausts system like Capristo, etc.The Best I heard is Pagani Zonda with four exhaust pipes thats a Titanium exhaust system.
2) After complete installation,its natural to be harrassed by our cops i.e. R.T.O. Officers,also long back I had gone through an article in BT stating some laws to be considered while going for any kind of modifications to your ride especially about neon lights and high rated systems.
3) The article cleared about the fact that all these modifications can be done BUT only
after R.T.O. approvals and some formalities it mentioned.
4) Coming back to the point,Is there any one who can build one custom exhaust Muffler like the one I mentioned,If it would be built I know it would cost a Bomb,but still how much will be the expense for complete installtion,will it be within 10K or more,Will I hear the same sound from the pipes,I guess NO......cause F430 is 4300cc,
if yes then how? I read about 1.3 zen..cause..
5)Also in Future I think of swapping Swift's 1.3 Petrol Engine under my ZEN hood,will the chasis withstand all that Force & Power. or Do I need Bugatti weight chasis.
Old 9th September 2008, 22:55   #103
BHPian

Advice on Doing up My Zen

Hey Guys,

I Just got myself a second hand 99 Model Zen , white colour, Run 39k on the odo and now i want to do up the cosmetics of the car and need your advice, after buying the car I did all the mechanical Work of the car like getting new front and Rear brakes(pads, disc cutting and drums), New suspension, change of all oils (engine oil and gear oil), Belts ( ac and alternator) & Filters ( oil filter, petrol filter & air Filter) + little bit work here and there, also got myself a pair of Front power windows ( RD ) and got ICE installed in it. i also got new michelin tyres installed 155/65/13 Now i want a car that looks simple,sweet & sexy, basically not overdone, DONT want a body kit at all, just a nice good paint job and good looking rims in 13" . I am posting some pictures of the car and alloys that i have seen in a few shops, i need advice on what colour to go in for ( car is already given to be painted with gautam - Carmodernize) and i have about 2 weeks to decide about the colour( since all the tin work has to be done as the car is being scrapped to bare metal), also some minor modifications on the car that would make it look good like maybe something on the hood, some kinda cuts on the front mudguard or something, i need your suggestions guys on what can be done, performance is something i am NOT looking at . what colour to go in for?

Sorry for picture quality its been taken from a cell phone

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-image005.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image007.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image008.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image009.jpg  

The Zen Modifications Thread-image010.jpg  

Old 9th September 2008, 23:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Get a good set of alloys, Get a custom paintjob ( your choice ).
I would suggest you something like red,
Will look cool ( IMO)

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 9th September 2008 at 23:07.
Old 9th September 2008, 23:22   #105

zeshan, you are one lucky bugger!!! Anyways, the best thing to do to a awhite Zen is to keep it white, paint the hood black, and paint the wheels black. It looks pure and stunning that way. Also, put in a good exhaust system with a black exhaust tip!! not chrome please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks