Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 23:18   #46
BHPian

Re: What does H1, H3, H4, H7 etc specifications of bulbs mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
So if i want to use a philips dimond vision,do i need a seperate relay?Or can i simply plug-in and use it in my beat?
Its a direct plug in since Diamond Vision is the same wattage as your stock bulbs. But please be aware that while they look cool, your car's lighting ability will be seriously compromised. Diamond Vision is fine in the cities during dry weather. On the highway or in bad weather they're next to useless.

These lights look whiter due to the blue filter. This filter will always rob some usable light. I feel crystal vision would be a better bet since the blue filter is relatively lighter that diamond vision. I have crystal vision on my zma and it's adequate.

But nightbreakers are your best bet for direct replacements. They're slightly brighter than stock. But again during rains, they're not great.

In all fairness, diamond vision looks the best when viewed from outside. While they're not exactly HID territory, they're not really yellow either. But there will come a point when you're driving down a winding highway, the rain pelting on your windscreen wishing that you'd chosen something brighter instead of something whiter.

Last edited by Tassem : 5th August 2011 at 23:21.
Tassem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 11:14   #47
BHPian

So how about nightbraker plus?
Old 7th August 2011, 20:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
So if i want to use a philips dimond vision,do i need a seperate relay?Or can i simply plug-in and use it in my beat?
i am not sure about the relay because i already had my relay attached to my car when i got these bulbs !! and i have heard from many people who sell car accessories that relay is not required with philips bulbs !! but i would recommend you to still confirm this from someone more experienced !!
Old 11th December 2011, 20:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Are H4 HID bulbs better than H7 HIDs?
Old 12th December 2011, 01:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

H4's will be Hi/Lo while H7 Usually is single filament (and usually is used along with an H1 for Hi/Lo)
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can anybody please tell me the kind of bulb thats in the Fog lamp of Getz Prime.

I am planning to install a brighter bulb like HID (if available) for my Getzy since Fog lamps seem to really very dim.
I would love to have a White HID in the fog lamp cluster for my Getzy.
Old 12th December 2011, 19:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
H4's will be Hi/Lo while H7 Usually is single filament (and usually is used along with an H1 for Hi/Lo)
So there is no hi beam/low beam in the h7 bulbs its only a single beam right?

Does it make more sense to buy H4's then?

Last edited by aparth : 12th December 2011 at 19:44.
Old 12th December 2011, 20:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

you dont have that choice. the choice of bulb is dictated by the headlight assembly. if your HL sockets are made for one, you cannot fit the other
Old 12th December 2011, 20:51   #54
BHPian

Hi Guys! Does anyone know which bulb fits for the Old Honda City fog light? Mine have become extremely dim (virtually useless) and I am planning on replacing them. Need to know which of the H's will fit for the fog light bulb. I prefer yellowish tinge rather than bluish.
Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 08:42   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
At last someone has got the picture right. All this hogwash about white light being better is just selling tactics. HID's for that matter fitted on NON-PROJECTOR applications are a total waste.

The best the human eye can see is in the yellowish tint regular halogens.
Agree 100%. Remember the lamp has a spectrum, modifying it with the glass is just removing some of it. If I ever go HID I will go for 2700 (if available) or 4300K. The 'bluer' the light, the less effective it will be in fog or rain. Scattering decreases as wavelength gets longer (towards Red).
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 21:09   #56
dcs
BHPian

Hi, planning to buy a Mahindra Mojo and intend to change the Headlight Halogens with LEDs. I am currently running Phillips LEDs (H4) in my Honda Amaze and no two ways about the worth of money spent on them, hence LED change for Mojo will be almost inevitable.
Checked on Mahindra website and it reads that Mojo comes with H17 Bulbs. Tried searching on the net and couldn't find much information on H17. Is there some other number too that I can search with or, is anyone aware of any reliable brand that manufactures H17 LEDs?
Many thanks,
dcs
Old 3rd June 2018, 22:20   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
Checked on Mahindra website and it reads that Mojo comes with H17 Bulbs.

Should be a printing mistake most probably misrepresenting H7 as H17. I had observed the bulbs of the Mojo sometime back and they looked similar to H7. Inside the reflector the bulb base looked similar to H7. Not sure if there even exists a bulb type H17.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 11:11   #58
dcs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Should be a printing mistake most probably misrepresenting H7 as H17. I had observed the bulbs of the Mojo sometime back and they looked similar to H7. Inside the reflector the bulb base looked similar to H7. Not sure if there even exists a bulb type H17.
Thanks Audioholic for the input. There isnt much information or options available on H17 on internet, though I would still say- H17 are Bulbs. A couple of Chinese websites are selling these H17s but I am amazed to see none of the options available in India.

Still thanks, and I just might want to check the H17/H7 issue with Mojo workshop. They might be able to give a clear insight.

Kind regards,
dcs
Old 4th June 2018, 12:33   #59
BHPian

Could someone let know what bulbs are fitted as OEM on a 2016 VW GT TSI? It would also help if suggestions for brighter equivalents (without running the risk of warranty issues) are let known.
Old 3rd November 2018, 03:32   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
they are different types of bulbs:

Attachment 19328
Quick question there. Can I replace the stock H3 bulb in a Hella 500ff with Osram Nightbreaker H3? In essence, what I am asking is, would H3 bulbs by different manufacturers fit into the H3 housing in the dome? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks