Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 09:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Pure white light is not really effective on the highways. Opt for lights with a hint of yellow, completely avoid those bluish white and extreme white types.

Check out the lighting thread for more details and reviews.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

At last someone has got the picture right. All this hogwash about white light being better is just selling tactics. HID's for that matter fitted on NON-PROJECTOR applications are a total waste.

The best the human eye can see is in the yellowish tint regular halogens.

I did a lot of hit & trial as I had developed very bad eye sight (now corrected) In white light I could see nothing but a dazzle whereas in the regular yellow tint halogens 90/100 I could see atleast 50% better or more.

My advice DO NOT go in for the "white light" you may have severe problems in bad weather & you may be endangering other motorists / pedestrians etc
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2009, 20:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I think its all cock and bull spread by these Bulb makers.
Just another marketing gimmick.

The Bluish white light is there only for the "cool look" factor - by making it look like Xenons.

Our eyes anyway are pretty insensitive to blue spectrum.
Yellow and green - those are two colors that our eyes are most sensitive to.

If you want better visibility at night - get lamps that make more of green and yellows, not more of blues.

For ppl who have feel that Bluish lights actually improve night vision - there is one word for it - placebo.
Thats the best way to put it and hope everyone get the message,.
I had purchased the OSRAM 4000K blue tinted Halogens & on my first highway drive was woundering where the light was, it was like very distracting trying to search for the light beam, have put back the OEM haologens back on my Innova.

Thanks for the detailed explanation..

Last edited by drkumarmp : 1st September 2009 at 20:57.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
If you want a genuine HID like appearance, i would strongly recommend you to go for Phillips Diamond vision bulbs.

Phillips blue vision - around Rs:700
Crystal vision - around Rs1000
Diamond vision- around Rs 1200.
seriously phillips diamond vision simply rock..i bought it for around Rs.800 from PALIKA BHAWAN ,NEW DELHI. They do give the HID effect , today i made a LAURA'S HID fitted headlights to bend low beam.. all thanks to my PHILLIPS DIAMOND VISION,actually i was beaming my lights high low continuously because the HID were blinding so when i made him lower his beam and crossed his car he was staring me like hell haha so i know he wasn't feeling pity on me because of his blinding HIDs :P I got relay attached to it.... GO FOR THEM

attaching the picture(this was when i dint have relay attached to it)check out yourself how they look:
Attached Thumbnails
What does H1, H3, H4, H7 etc specifications of bulbs mean?-ba.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 22:54   #34
BHPian

Thanks for the info so far guys, really appreciated!!

I drive a Zen (old shape) and it currently has 100/90 Philips Rally Vision, i think. They are the regular Yellow halogen light ones.

I am looking to upgrade to 130/100 and keep the yellow beam as i know the Yellow Beam has better visibility than white ones at least to my eyes. I have changed the battery a couple of months back to Amaron's.

Can someone please suggest the best bulb sets and relay kits for this? Also will this cause harm of any kind to the battery or reduce its life ?
Old 6th March 2010, 02:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
seriously phillips diamond vision simply rock..i bought it for around Rs.800 from PALIKA BHAWAN ,NEW DELHI. They do give the HID effect , today i made a LAURA'S HID fitted headlights to bend low beam.. all thanks to my PHILLIPS DIAMOND VISION,actually i was beaming my lights high low continuously because the HID were blinding so when i made him lower his beam and crossed his car he was staring me like hell haha so i know he wasn't feeling pity on me because of his blinding HIDs :P I got relay attached to it.... GO FOR THEM

attaching the picture(this was when i dint have relay attached to it)check out yourself how they look:
Are you sure that the Laura wasn't fitted with xenons? Because Laura comes with xenons..unless the owner had installed HID's.
Old 6th March 2010, 05:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Are you sure that the Laura wasn't fitted with xenons? Because Laura comes with xenons..unless the owner had installed HID's.
yup !!! it had HIDs because he is usually roaming in my colony and a friend of mine knows him so he told me about it....
Old 7th March 2010, 23:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks for the info so far guys, really appreciated!!

I drive a Zen (old shape) and it currently has 100/90 Philips Rally Vision, i think. They are the regular Yellow halogen light ones.

I am looking to upgrade to 130/100 and keep the yellow beam as i know the Yellow Beam has better visibility than white ones at least to my eyes. I have changed the battery a couple of months back to Amaron's.

Can someone please suggest the best bulb sets and relay kits for this? Also will this cause harm of any kind to the battery or reduce its life ?
i think maglev can help you regarding this. he had done some research for the same and i think he has the Philips night vision/nightbreaker in his sx4. sir you could pm him for support regarding this.

regards

Last edited by S.I.N.G.H : 7th March 2010 at 23:58. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 6th June 2010, 22:08   #38
BHPian

I upgraded to Philips Bluevision 130/100s for my M800 recently. Before anyone blasts me for going for 'inferior' Bluevision, let me explain.

I had already upgraded to a TVS relay system with ceramic holders because I had 100/90s on for a while. The garage broke my bulbs somehow while painting my car, and replaced them with 60/55s.

I wanted to go for Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Diamondvision, but the bulbs cost around 1400 a pair. And the packaging says they're twice as bright as normal bulbs. I checked the wattage and found they were 60/55W. So, they should provide the same illumination as a 120/110 bulb on the same wiring, right?

I checked the price for Philips Bluevision 130/100 and it was around 400 a pair. The beam is almost as bright as what I'd get for Nightbreakers or DiamondVision, and I saved 1000 bucks. And I get the blue tint for headlights.

Last edited by vivekgk : 6th June 2010 at 22:10. Reason: Typo
Old 21st September 2010, 16:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

buy genuine normal 90/100 from philips or halonix or ge. it is always better than than all the 'vision series' bulbs.
Old 21st September 2010, 18:39   #40
BHPian

[quote=torque.steer;1767394]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Nice to hear that, do Phillips Diamond Vision come in 100/90? bcz i have already installed 100/90 phillips rally with cutout in my ANHC. Have you checked the highway vision in your current setup? Pls write a brief experience of you riding in both urban and rural including highway drive as this will end an long lasting discussion whether to go for white light or not?

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 21st September 2010 at 18:49.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

If you want a good view of road put in the normal(yellow) bulbs or HID below 4500k.
If you want to look at the car lights then go for the whites, halogens or HID.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: What does H1, H3, H4, H7 etc specifications of bulbs mean?

I have a Palio Stile. The bulb spec is H7. Since H7 has single filament, does it mean that my car should have 4 bulbs? 2 for low and 2 for high beams?
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
...The bulb spec is H7. Since H7 has single filament, does it mean that my car should have 4 bulbs? 2 for low and 2 for high beams?
Yes, right.

I guess the other pair will be H1.
Old 26th December 2010, 23:25   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have a Palio Stile. The bulb spec is H7. Since H7 has single filament, does it mean that my car should have 4 bulbs? 2 for low and 2 for high beams?
What are the specifications of the Palio GTX? Is it H7 for all 4?
Old 5th August 2011, 21:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post

So if i want to use a philips dimond vision,do i need a seperate relay?Or can i simply plug-in and use it in my beat?

Most Viewed