Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 10:36   #1
BHPian

Back interior light for WagonR Lxi.

HI guys,
I own a WagonR Lxi new model and as in Vxi model i would like to fit an interior light for back seats and luggage compartment. When contacted service center guys when i did second service they said it has to be done my after guys. So can you guys help me where can i get it done in Bangy. I stay near Rajajinagar.

Thanks,
Ramki.
Old 12th June 2008, 14:57   #2
BHPian

Any suggestions guys...
Old 12th June 2008, 15:37   #3
BANNED

anna whay cant you go to an accessary shop near by and ask ..their are different types of lightes available....
Old 7th November 2010, 17:17   #4
BANNED

Has anybody actually done this?

I am thinking of installing one in the boot of my wagonR
Old 7th November 2010, 18:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

@BSD - In simple terms, you can take a parallel connection from the front lights. However, you may want to reconsider doing this as a DIY. But if you want to, the best place to start will be is from WagonR VXi's wiring diagram.

PS - Never knew you'd a WagonR; welcome to the club
Old 7th November 2010, 19:16   #6
BANNED

aargee, do you have the wiring diagram?

The still older model (with number plates on rear bumper) had lights on the hatch door. Mine has some plastics in that area (just inside the rear brake lights - the one at top of the hatch door). Was wondering if some provision may exist here.

No intention of DIY on this. Just that I want some info before approaching the accessory guys.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

@BSD - Give a consideration to Swift's front lamp for your rear lamps. I'm going through the owner's manual & it doesn't have wiring diagram.

May be I need to search something for you on internet. Alternatively, you might want to search for workshop manual.

Sorry to post a late reply as I was searching for one in TBhp & couldn't find one.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:26   #8
BHPian

solution for swift, might work for wagon-r

I got a 3-lcd light (osram). It's a circular plastic thing. Cost me about 250. This can be stuck to any part of the car. It's also got press activation, so you can press it for putting on/off. It has enough light to illuminate the boot. It takes 3 AAA batteries which don't need to be replaced too often since I use it very rarely. I like the fact that it avoided any wiring and also that the control for putting on/off was on it Will post a pic if you are interested. For the rear lights, I got a chinese made 5-lcd piece and got it connected to the door just like in the front since I wanted something like the front reading lamp at the rear. So the setup for the front light works for both lights. It cost me 100 to get it done. Hope it helps!
Old 7th November 2010, 22:34   #9
BANNED

aargee, is a spare wiring available anywhere to which the light can be connected? (Like the wires in place for speakers in some cars?

And jayteegee - thanks for the info. That stick on type of light does look appropriate.
Old 8th November 2010, 10:01   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygeetee View Post
I got a 3-lcd light (osram). It's a circular plastic thing. Cost me about 250. This can be stuck to any part of the car. It's also got press activation, so you can press it for putting on/off. It has enough light to illuminate the boot. It takes 3 AAA batteries which don't need to be replaced too often since I use it very rarely. I like the fact that it avoided any wiring and also that the control for putting on/off was on it Will post a pic if you are interested. For the rear lights, I got a chinese made 5-lcd piece and got it connected to the door just like in the front since I wanted something like the front reading lamp at the rear. So the setup for the front light works for both lights. It cost me 100 to get it done. Hope it helps!

Hey Mate,

Thanks for this piece of info. I too was pondering over getting a boot lamp fixed for my Swift Vdi. Didn't want to fiddle around with the wiring and wasn't too sure how I could get the boot lamp fixed. Now that you have guided us to this easy install, makes life so much simpler.

Thanks again.

Cheers!
Old 8th November 2010, 14:37   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys could install an aftermarket flexible reading light. It can also light up the boot. Simple, but effective. Will cost about 1k, not sure.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:14   #12
BHPian

I have installed a neon tube in my i20, but that has a connection from the boot light itself. Wait till post the pics. It lights the boot enough.

Most Viewed