Team-BHP - Queries on k&n on zen & various engine options
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Queries on k&n on zen & various engine options (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/4122-queries-k-n-zen-various-engine-options.html)

well im planning to buy an engine for my 99vx zen, so heres a few ive shortlisted (preferably 2003/4)
Esteem
Honda 1.3 (Old City)
Honda 1.5 (New City)
Honda V-Tec
Baleno

i think baleno suits fyne, but still....how much will they cost? any1 got any idea?

& yea, i noe dis sounds noobish, but if i get a k&n filter for my zen & later get a baleno engine, will it work fine? or i must first get a baleno engine & then get the k&n filter.

the k&n filter will cost 2.5k the engine mods will cost from 1.20lac to 1.5 lac.so there is no comparision. also the k&n for zen engine will NOT fit the baleno engine.
total conversion costs if going mpfi baleno would be round about 1.5lac and baleno carb will be around 1.2lac. includes all expenses to car a to z.

1.5, imo.. doesn't sound too bad. 94bhp in a Zen would be awesome. Though, I'd probably save the engine mod for last, after I get the cosmetics and interior done.

Where do we get engines anyways? I doubt any dealership would sell a complete replacement engine :P

You do get the engine from the company but it costs around Rs. 2 lac. I found for my car from a banged baleno. You can search for these somewhere in town.

iceman

does this figure include a new gearbox and differential? can the stock zen box and diff handle the power and torque of a baleno? and what about the type 1 brakes?

cheers

viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
iceman

does this figure include a new gearbox and differential? can the stock zen box and diff handle the power and torque of a baleno? and what about the type 1 brakes?

cheers

viper

Power can be handled. Make the shocks harder, put gypsy shocks at the back, put type 2 brakes of esteem and thats about it to get a reasonable amount of power and stopping power.

yeah the price includes all necessary mods to the gearbox,differential, brakes, suspension etc. to be brief it include the entire conversion process from zen/ezen to the b zen.
cos the stock braking cannot even handle a good ezen leave alon a bzen. also various other modification options are available depending on the budget.
camshafts, nos, high performance clutches,pistons,etc.
the price includes a hedder and exhaust as well as head work.

also 94 bhp in a baleno is going to be a lot more in a zen keeping the power to weight ratio in mind. ;)

Hey Ice you r making BZEN more tempting!!!!!!!!!!! yummy yum yum

it is a very delicious thing to have!!;) trust me

ok guys.... enuff!!!! i feel like goin out & robbing a bank right now, otherwise i still gotto wait a brief 3-4 months before i get my hands on 1 of those :(

hey chirag...true said i mean you would really know about the b-zen since its your ride...anyways saw your car entering with yamin's and all the other's nice entry bro...;)..it was a good sight to see the ks banner running in a row...:)