Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 19:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

I cannot believe a 5.2 Seconds with just a 35 bhp increase. Must be for the 60 kmph. How have you checked the timings?
Old 18th June 2008, 19:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

35 psi boost on stock turbo, weight reduction by changing suspension = 0-100 in 52.secs ??

"The Turbo Boost has been increased through VAS by 35 PSI" - Aren't these VAS 5051 & 5052 used for mobile testing, how do you increase the boost using them?

This thread is getting better by the minute.
ROFLMAO

Last edited by badboyscad : 18th June 2008 at 19:25.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:16   #33
BHPian

You definitely need to recheck those figures Akshat.First thing tomorrow morning.I wonder what state your wastegate will be at an additional 35 psi.

Last edited by Tuner : 18th June 2008 at 19:19.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:30   #34
BHPian

what turbo are you using 35 psi???
Old 18th June 2008, 19:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Dude! You are either verry confused, or a very bad liar.Coz 0-100 in 5.2 sec is impossible with the specs u've mentioned fr your car. Also the fact about your cars dramatic wieght reduction just coz u changed the suspension is hilarious to say the least. Also, the fact that a car with 15" wheels accelerates faster than one with 17" wheels is also utter crap! !
And 35psi?? Gawd!
Old 18th June 2008, 19:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great Looking car there Akshat. Lovely Alloys.

I am no Car Expert, hence I cannot comment on your said figures on the 0 - 100 dash, But I am sure of one thing. With all that you plonked in, it definetely is going to be one fiendishly fast car
Old 18th June 2008, 20:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat21 View Post
The laura VRS TDi does do 0-100 in 8.6 seconds with 17' wheels... with 15' wheels the time is reduced significantly. The turbo has also been given a 35 psi increase which increases the acceleration.(The Extra Turbo Boost is generated through VAS, which is in compliance with Skoda Auto)
woa! 35psi boost is HUGE. could you give out your detailed tubocharger specs? what size injectors and fuel-pump? what about the air/diesel ratio, how are you managing that? what grade diesel are you using?
at what rpm does your LAURA vRS diesel TC'ed at 35psi redline at?
5.2s for 0-100, is well... what do i say now?
man, you come straight out of a comic book.

Last edited by blue2ki : 18th June 2008 at 20:01. Reason: added a pun
Old 18th June 2008, 20:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

5.2secs to 100kmph makes this diesel Laura vRS as fasst as a Audi A8 6.0 W12 quattro!!!!!! Bherry bherry interesting haai!!!
Old 18th June 2008, 20:24   #39
Team-BHP Support

10-15 bhp with air filter and pipes! am not convinced my friend.

Neat car to look at in red though.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:30   #40
BHPian

Guys,

I told you the figures I got. I don't care if you bleive me or not. I am not here to sell nythin.

You saw the car and I guess seein is beleiving. So if anyone is nearby and wanna see the performace, lemme know.

You can make all the fun, but there was hard work involved in doing what I did.

Someone called me liar and said VAS is used in mobile testing.

I think you should get ur facts straight before you talk crap. VAS Stands for Volkswagen Audi Software, which is a diagnostic and performance recaliberator.

Also, the Boost is increased in more than one way in Skoda. If any petrol head knows, the boost can be increased throughout the power band. Instead of using the Turbo for a set RPM Range, one can keep the turbo on for a longer period, hence increaing the effective boost.

The engines and turbos for Skoda are generalized to Run in India and Africa, therefore they have made the turbo produce less boost and provide boost at low RPM for initial Pickup and then a lot less boost is used to perform overtakin manuevers. By using the VAS one can softcode the ECM for full Turbo use upto redline.

Thats what has been done to provide more torque.

The best example of this is the Dodge Neon. A small car that produces less bhp but can beat an A4 in pickup. The Subaru Impreza WRX sti and the new Mitsubishi Evo with the boxer turbos (also produced by Mico Bosch) are the best example of this tech.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, my car performs beutifully. I wanted to share my experiance and maybe help someone in the process, not be rediculed.

If you don't understand something ask, don take someone for an idiot and redicule.

Thats pretty much it

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th June 2008 at 20:36. Reason: ...
Old 18th June 2008, 20:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

My friend you are truly misinformed about figures related to your car.

Even with intake exhaust and a custom remap the 1.9TDi PD cannot surpass 150-160bhp. Let us suppose even if you are reaching the 170bhp level of the VRs which is a 2.0TDi PD which does 8.6 secs, even then the 5.2 second 0-100 is not possible. You would need over 250bhp and drag radials to achieve that.

On a side note, welcome to tbhp.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:41   #42
Team-BHP Support

Hey akshat, welcome to the forum.

The remarks were not to ridicule you or anything. We are just questioning how you arrived at those figures. Do you have any tool which can record the data, or did you do a dyno, or atleast have a chart which shows these figures by using the product.

At the end of the day these are costly mods and others would surely want to try the path, if its proven. And NO it doesnt mean that you would want to sell anything here also, we havent thought of it that way yet.

Do share more details on how you arrived at these figures which will make things easier for all us to understand.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat21 View Post
VAS Stands for Volkswagen Audi Software, which is a diagnostic and performance recaliberator.

By using the VAS one can softcode the ECM for full Turbo use upto redline.
Please be kind enough to provide us some links on the internet about this VAS that YOU are talking about.

and i believe it(VAS) is actually VAG-COM, here is the link (IT IS A DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE and can be used to switch in between the custom codes. afaik, it cannot be used to create custom codes)
Ross-Tech: VAG-COM

Last edited by badboyscad : 18th June 2008 at 21:16.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:12   #44
BHPian

akshat21,
welcome to team-BHP. while I appreciate the effort behind the peformance mods & the MFD , I am interested in knowing about the devices you use to get readings - time,speed and boost.
Old 18th June 2008, 22:55   #45
BHPian

5.2 secs. Wow!

Could you perhaps give us the specifications of your stopwatch?

Most Viewed