Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 19:51   #76
Senior - BHPian

@akshat,

please clear the air on the 35psi boost and 155bhp@1900rpm as well.

raj.
Old 19th June 2008, 19:53   #77
BHPian

Bro but still!! Main question still remains unanswered?? Enough has been said and explained in earlier posts in technical terminology.
HOW ARE YOU MEASURING 35PSI OF BOOST?
You have no mention of changing internals and i dont think Skoda's internals can withstand that much boost pressure.
As Sameel put it earlier, there are cars running boost upto that figure but they also have internals to match.
Are the pics before the car was run because i dont think the car would look the same after running 35PSI boost with stock internals.
There are other members in the forum in US running cars at almost double of 35PSI boost but internals have been HEAVILY modded.
I had dicussed increasing boost of the DDiS engine/Mutijet 1.3 if its possible on stock internals but i too expected from stock 4-5PSI to about a safe 7PSI not 20-25PSI on stock internals.

Check out this thread for more info:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...confusion.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2008 at 09:26. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat21 View Post
Guess I made a boo boo.. my bad..

0-100 is 9 secs, 0-60 5.2 secs...
Great spirit dude. Everyone makes mistakes, but it requires courage and honesty to admit those.

Laura looks good in red. Nice car!!
Old 19th June 2008, 20:20   #79
Team-BHP Support

thanks for clearing about the timings. nice rims. get a bodykit and itll look killer.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification on the timings, thats more like it. Now all you need are authentic VRs bumpers and spoiler!
Old 19th June 2008, 20:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, Akshat!

You have one hell of a car!

Quote:
Guess I made a boo boo.. my bad..

0-100 is 9 secs, 0-60 5.2 secs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Few people have the courage to accept their mistakes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great spirit dude. Everyone makes mistakes, but it requires courage and honesty to admit those...
Exactly, appreciate the spirit!

Edit:
OT (big time) : Finally, post count number 600!
Old 19th June 2008, 21:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great spirit dude. Everyone makes mistakes, but it requires courage and honesty to admit those.
Second that.

I have been following the thread but keeping mum all the while as I suspected there was more to it. Welcome to TBHP akshat! Loved the pics of the red beauty!
Old 19th June 2008, 21:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Akshat

You have a nice car.... I really wish the software upgrades were available to the "common Man" You make it sound simple I wish it were !!!

the car looks great, are those OE SKODA alloys ?? If they are - WOW

Nice to see you were nice enough to accept a goof up !!!! THREEE CHEEERS to that cheers:

Keep us clued in on the Skoda Story

Cheers & enjoy your car
Old 19th June 2008, 21:34   #84
BHPian

Nice rims and wheels look just the right size. And lowered, the car looks much more poised than the regular Laura. I don't know anything about turbos and boost, so no comment, but your car is pretty fast. What brakes do you have? 100 in 8 sec is scary. Hope you have upgraded.
Old 19th June 2008, 21:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

respect you for admitting the errors.. Everyone makes mistakes.. Cheers
Old 19th June 2008, 21:59   #86
BHPian

that is a typo... was typing on my iphone (which incidentelly "corrects" mistakes) it was supposed to be a 3-5 psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Bro but still!! Main question still remains unanswered?? Enough has been said and explained in earlier posts in technical terminology.
HOW ARE YOU MEASURING 35PSI OF BOOST?
You have no mention of changing internals and i dont think Skoda's internals can withstand that much boost pressure.
As Sameel put it earlier, there are cars running boost upto that figure but they also have internals to match.
Are the pics before the car was run because i dont think the car would look the same after running 35PSI boost with stock internals.
There are other members in the forum in US running cars at almost double of 35PSI boost but internals have been HEAVILY modded.
I had dicussed increasing boost of the DDiS engine/Mutijet 1.3 if its possible on stock internals but i too expected from stock 4-5PSI to about a safe 7PSI not 20-25PSI on stock internals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
@akshat,

please clear the air on the 35psi boost and 155bhp@1900rpm as well.

raj.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Nice rims and wheels look just the right size. And lowered, the car looks much more poised than the regular Laura. I don't know anything about turbos and boost, so no comment, but your car is pretty fast. What brakes do you have? 100 in 8 sec is scary. Hope you have upgraded.
The brakes are the same... the brake booster is similar to the one in superb so they work fine... also due to the lowered suspension, the car does not nosedive to braking is uniform and accurate.

As i said earlier, was typing that post on my iphone which corrected the boost.. It was supposed to be a 3-5 psi increase. Also, the stock laura produces max bhp 105@1900 RPM (you can check this on the spec sheet for the laura) unlike the real VRS which produces 170 @ higher RPMs. Again, typos on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Akshat

You have a nice car.... I really wish the software upgrades were available to the "common Man" You make it sound simple I wish it were !!!

the car looks great, are those OE SKODA alloys ?? If they are - WOW

Nice to see you were nice enough to accept a goof up !!!! THREEE CHEEERS to that cheers:

Keep us clued in on the Skoda Story

Cheers & enjoy your car
Everything is available for the common man bud... I have developed this one with my customers in mind. Also the rims are stock Skoda 17s..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thanks for clearing about the timings. nice rims. get a bodykit and itll look killer.
I am putting the bodykit but am afraid that the bumpers will lower the car even more. Let me see how it goes and I will post pics if I decide to keep it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2008 at 09:27. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 19th June 2008, 22:30   #87

So this is the thread everyone is talking about eh!! Akshat, 5.2 secs for 60 and 9 secs for 100 is not all that fast considering the effort you have put in the car. and about the boost..well i already had a nice time talking about that with jiggy so..
Old 19th June 2008, 22:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
The brakes are the same... the brake booster is similar to the one in superb so they work fine... also due to the lowered suspension, the car does not nosedive to braking is uniform and accurate.

As i said earlier, was typing that post on my iphone which corrected the boost.. It was supposed to be a 3-5 psi increase. Also, the stock laura produces max bhp 105@1900 RPM (you can check this on the spec sheet for the laura) unlike the real VRS which produces 170 @ higher RPMs. Again, typos on the phone.
Hi akshat,stock Laura produces max bhp @4000 rpm and 250NM torque @1900
Old 19th June 2008, 22:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...As i said earlier, was typing that post on my iphone which corrected the boost.. It was supposed to be a 3-5 psi increase. Also, the stock laura produces max bhp 105@1900 RPM (you can check this on the spec sheet for the laura) unlike the real VRS which produces 170 @ higher RPMs. Again, typos on the phone.
Seems to be a bit strange you did not notice "35" being said by all around. Your iphone might have done the "3-5" to "35" but, how did you read the submitted posts???

Anyway, this is more

Can you post the costs that were involved in getting your current setup done?
Old 19th June 2008, 22:58   #90
BHPian

Good spirit there akshat to own up your mistake. Everyone does it once in a while and we here at Team-BHP appreciate and encourage good spirit and sharing knowledge.
Kudos to youcheers:.
Thanks for the clarifications bro. Guess the Laura and your goodies had you all excited wanting for more of everything and resulting in the typo errors!!! Just pulling your leg mate!!

Last edited by abhik : 19th June 2008 at 23:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks