Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 23:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Sameel saab ko salam!

Sameel saab, tussi god ho :shocked: :shocked:

Your single post was like a Turbocharging engines 101. Despite reading of so many stage 2 threads on TBHP, I never understood in as much lucid coherent detail as I did in your single post. Fan ho gaya aapka saab.

A mug/cuppa of your favorite poison/caffeine/fix on me whenever I come that side or when you come to Del/Hyd!!

@Akshat: Fantastic car all the same. Drool maal all the way boss!
Old 20th June 2008, 00:04   #92
BHPian

Awesome stuff Sameel, I thought I knew about cars untill I read your post

BTW sorry to hear about your verna crash.

Last edited by GTO : 20th June 2008 at 15:15. Reason: No need to quote a 200 line post for a 3 line reply.
Old 20th June 2008, 13:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat21 View Post
Guess I made a boo boo.. my bad..

0-100 is 9 secs, 0-60 5.2 secs...
hey akshat,

is this a laura ambiente ?

cheers,
ac
Old 20th June 2008, 21:25   #94
BHPian

hi guys.. so finally the real figures are out .
that is a real good effort and yes it takes guts to admit the mistakes.
and dude dont you feel the turbo lag?? . here is a sure shot and wicked idea. get a VGT into that thing. its technically feasible but sadly that would need extensive ECU remapping. just figure it like this
different rpm ranges different boost pressure..meaning the ECU has to calculate the required quantity and required duration and timing of the injection..
its a beautifully executed injection sequence giving optimum torque and power, meaning simply put the vehicle just pulls from idle without a hiccup.
and in E-class its a bi-turbo unit both are VGT offcourse . and guess what there will be little turbo lag still left. and yup we fix the gear ratios such that the driver never feels the turbo lag. hehe.

the brakes even the normal ones should be fine man. but yeah if you plan to upgrade the brakes then be sure you stiffen your front side chassis i have ridden a skoda laura which had a 10pot brake . that baby stopes like crazy.
and hey do keep us posted on the future developments.

and yes a new thread on my verna crash is coming up soon
my time is not yet come ..got real lucky.
Old 21st June 2008, 15:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hey akshat,

is this a laura ambiente ?

cheers,
ac
Yep, it is an Ambiente.. I just liked the color a lot and I had one in stock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
hi guys.. so finally the real figures are out .
that is a real good effort and yes it takes guts to admit the mistakes.
and dude dont you feel the turbo lag?? . here is a sure shot and wicked idea. get a VGT into that thing. its technically feasible but sadly that would need extensive ECU remapping. just figure it like this
different rpm ranges different boost pressure..meaning the ECU has to calculate the required quantity and required duration and timing of the injection..
its a beautifully executed injection sequence giving optimum torque and power, meaning simply put the vehicle just pulls from idle without a hiccup.
and in E-class its a bi-turbo unit both are VGT offcourse . and guess what there will be little turbo lag still left. and yup we fix the gear ratios such that the driver never feels the turbo lag. hehe.

the brakes even the normal ones should be fine man. but yeah if you plan to upgrade the brakes then be sure you stiffen your front side chassis i have ridden a skoda laura which had a 10pot brake . that baby stopes like crazy.
and hey do keep us posted on the future developments.

and yes a new thread on my verna crash is coming up soon
my time is not yet come ..got real lucky.
There is turbolag in 1st and 2nd... you need the speed to build upto 40 and then the thing just shoots like its butt is on fire.

Anyways, I did think of the VGT but that much recoding of the ecu will void the warranty, which I am trying to avoid as I am building this as a customer car as well..

Also, I need to find someone to recode the ECM for that, which mean recoding the immo and cluster all over again if that data is changed by mistake.

Therefore am exploring my options on that front.

Also, I was gonna install the catback yesterday but didnt get around to it due to my workshop load.. will let you guys know how that went, once it is installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Seems to be a bit strange you did not notice "35" being said by all around. Your iphone might have done the "3-5" to "35" but, how did you read the submitted posts???

Anyway, this is more

Can you post the costs that were involved in getting your current setup done?
The following costs are all net costs, since I can sell the parts that were removed from my laura at MRP:

Tuning: Rs 42,000
Suspension: Rs. 30,000
Alloys and Tires: 82500 (Four Alloys, 1 Rim for the spare and 5 Tires)

Total Cost: 1,54,500

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 00:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts. See more about it in the Team-BHP FAQ found on the top bar.
Old 22nd June 2008, 01:06   #96
BHPian

Finally a great skoda altogether! Nice job man. Especially perfomance and gizmos!!!

And Sameel, hats off to you!
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:53   #97
BANNED

DUDE please if you are so sure of the figures, could you record a video of it doing that...
here is a sample video of me doing a 0 - 100 on a 2.0 tdi vw passat...

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 00:25. Reason: Bigdaddy, please read the whole thread before posting a reply. Also, you cannot embed youtube vids here - paste a link. Tx
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat21 View Post
Guess I made a boo boo.. my bad..

0-100 is 9 secs, 0-60 5.2 secs...

Much more believable..

Super Hot car nevertheless

Congratulations.
Old 25th June 2008, 00:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Dude 1 question
Does everything on that HU work. Like Phone , Satnav?
Old 25th June 2008, 09:18   #100
BHPian

Nice one!!!

Now the figures sound sensilble (all though not too powerful as initially depicted by you ). But it was good you admitted your mistakes (about the timing, turbo, the power and all). Hey, atleast the car looks nice.

Sameel, wow man, that was one wicked write up on the science of turbo!! Had no idea at all. We really got to meet!! Told my firends in Cochin about the story about this whole post and they are more anxious to see your write up rather than the pics of the skoda!!!

The info you have just kicked *** here!!! cheers:
Old 25th June 2008, 11:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Dude 1 question
Does everything on that HU work. Like Phone , Satnav?
For the phone, you need to install a separate "brain" in the HU and yes it will work... The unit is imported from the UK and the bluetooth brain from EU (since UK spec cars don't get bluetooth). I have an Iphone and the MFD has been tested with it... works flawlessly. Therefore yes, the bluetooth will work.

As for the satnav is concerned, The Navigation DVD is made by Blaupunkt. I am trying to find the Navi CD for Blaupunkt with the Indian maps on it... Once I do, yes the Satnav will also work.

I am going to be using the RNS510 MFD3 instead of the earlier mentioned MFD2 since it looks a hell lot better.

RNS510 also has a 30GB built in hard drive and an SD card slot... Howwever, I am gonna use the Ipod adapter for music.

Except for that all the features will work OTB.

BTW, here is a pic of MFD3.. I have not installed it yet so therefore am putting a stock picture up.

Also, my ambiente will get the L&K cluster which means that I can see the MFD data on the cluster..
Attached Thumbnails
My New Laura diesel...modified to be a "VRS"-rns510.jpg  

Old 25th June 2008, 12:38   #102
BHPian

How much is the total cost of the unit + maps + phone?
Old 25th June 2008, 14:01   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Now the figures sound sensilble (all though not too powerful as initially depicted by you ). But it was good you admitted your mistakes (about the timing, turbo, the power and all). Hey, atleast the car looks nice.

Sameel, wow man, that was one wicked write up on the science of turbo!! Had no idea at all. We really got to meet!! Told my firends in Cochin about the story about this whole post and they are more anxious to see your write up rather than the pics of the skoda!!!

The info you have just kicked *** here!!! cheers:

what i wrote was just a fraction of what i know .

got into a bad accident and was stuck at home so thought of writing a long post. lolz.
otherwise i dont write such long posts.
yeah i have no issues in meeting up..will be comin down probably on july 4th and be free all the evenings i guess , returning on 7th july. rippergo and speedzak already have met me..we had a g2g too. it was cool.
now a days i am kinda busy you know.. gf and stuff..hihi.
so yeah will try to squeeze some time out but no guarantees ..lolz.

and yeah i have all the material to put up my thread on "what happens when your tyre blows up 60kmph" lolz.
but i am so lazy to type. further more no time.

and frankly speaking when you are involved in writing injection software for cars like E-class benz and toyota\isuzu 1.6l crdi engines. much more know how is needed.

i was involved in designing a PSP[Pre Supply Pump] for use in crdi engines.
i have written a system test strategy plan for a Demand Controlled PSP , this would be very usefull for the skoda being discussed here if it was Crdi..hihi.

what happens is according to demand the PSP pumps diesel to HP pump, and hence loss and delay can be minimized in the Low Pressure circuit of the Crdi injection system. meaning rapid throttle response together with 15-20% increase in effeciency.
because obviously rail leakage is avoided totaly with this set up.

in usual set up excess is pumped to hp pump and inline pumps in skoda. i.e. each injector has a seperate pump..and excess high pressure diesel is leaked out and sent bak to tank..which is again pumped back. this actually keeps the engine under more load and reduces effeciency.

this is getting too technical. lolz.

you guys have fun here.
peace out
sameel
Old 25th June 2008, 14:42   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
How much is the total cost of the unit + maps + phone?
about 1,30,000.. though i would only know once the darn thing is installed, since there might be small things that I might need to source locally (like trims etc.)
Old 25th June 2008, 16:25   #105
BHPian

nice ride dude. I love the red color and the alloy wheels

PS: sameel. Are you an automobile engineer. I am 16 and i want to be one? can you tell me from which college/uni did you do your graduation / post grad.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 23:30. Reason: Please avoid SMS language, and try to re-read your posts for typos before posting.

Most Viewed