Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 14:44   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
air filter and exhaust as of now... its the safest thing to try. Increasing throttle also will be benefitial but you have to get it done from someone who has done it on a honda city (new) porting polishing i dont think you shoiuld do now. first try exhaust and filter and see how much difference u get.
How much will a K n N filer cost.. there is none for the City as yet.. so have to go in for the Universal filter.. should i go for a FIPK.. how much performance boost is expected.. will a free flow cause decrese in fe??
Old 28th February 2005, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Free flow just alloys the exhaust gases to come out faster than normal. It has nothing to do with fuel efficiency. Anything but decrease in fe. You could get more average but marginal since the engine is releasing gases faster. What you would do is that on hearing the sound you tend to rev the car more and more so you could see a drop in fe as you would want to keep driving it that way. but if you drive in normally in the city then you dont loose out on fe.

Z Klasse
Old 28th February 2005, 14:50   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Free flow just alloys the exhaust gases to come out faster than normal. It has nothing to do with fuel efficiency. Anything but decrease in fe. You could get more average but marginal since the engine is releasing gases faster. What you would do is that on hearing the sound you tend to rev the car more and more so you could see a drop in fe as you would want to keep driving it that way. but if you drive in normally in the city then you dont loose out on fe.

Z Klasse
Cant i get a silent free flow.. i dont want noise.. What about a turbo charger.. like Neveille poonawalla has on his city.. cant i put one in mine
Old 28th February 2005, 15:28   #19
BANNED

ALSO Stainless steel muffler ,FSE Fuel Regulator,strut Brace can i get that as well for the NHC

Last edited by maybach : 28th February 2005 at 15:29.
Old 28th February 2005, 15:29   #20
BHPian

you can get a silent free flow ofcourse. Turbo charging also you can do but turbo comes at a later stage when you have a filter ported polished engine. also seeing the design on the engine the amount of boost will also vary. Old honda city is the best car to do up. the new one may not give you ur moneys worth. If you invest the same amount of money in the old honda city ull get 100% plus results.
Old 28th February 2005, 15:32   #21
BANNED

Quote:
you can get a silent free flow ofcourse. Turbo charging also you can do but turbo comes at a later stage when you have a filter ported polished engine. also seeing the design on the engine the amount of boost will also vary. Old honda city is the best car to do up. the new one may not give you ur moneys worth. If you invest the same amount of money in the old honda city ull get 100% plus results.
HOW MUCH DOES PORTING AND POLISHING COST?? ALSO HOW MUCH DOES A TURBO COST.. WELL i was also planing to change the oil filter to K n N and put brake air vents up front..
Old 28th February 2005, 18:03   #22
BANNED

Where in Mumbai can you get all of this done reliably?
Boom Shiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2005, 22:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

I did have a stock replacement silent free flow muffler in anodized aluminum finish for the new honda city which i installed a couple of moths back.. will send u pics in a few days.
Old 1st March 2005, 03:05   #24
BHPian

hey maybach i wouldn't advise you to just go in for a k&n universal filter..till you know sumone who can install it perfectly for you...i mean if you wait for sumtime and get a box replacement it would be much better...see the whole idea of a universal filter comes up when you want a cold air induction system...and trust me even the slightest variation in the positioning of the filter could reduce your FE..and other major performance...if you do want i can arrange sumone to get you an ideal cold air induction(custom made so dont expect anything fancy looking) and a very nice tune up job...and after all of this you will feel the difference...LOT OF DIFFERENCE.......cheers...
Old 1st March 2005, 04:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

can someone elaborate on the diff bw stock and universal filter and cold air induction kits

thanks

viper
Old 1st March 2005, 04:42   #26
BHPian

hey viper...stock filter's are the one's which come from the company they r basic paper type filter's well k&n filter's are oil based filter's they have static action which settles the dust and other impurities on the filter layer...and as far as cold air induction kits are concerened...well they are filter's attached via a pipe..one end of the pipe fits on the throttle body and on the other end you have a conical shaped universal filter...well the basic idea of a cold air intake kit is to place the filter away from the engine bay and to let in as much cold air into the engine as possible..as cold air is more dense..hence more drive force on the piston's ...better air fuel mixture...well that was my bit of info that i could give you...and yea if i went wrong some where...please do correct me...cheers....
Old 1st March 2005, 09:16   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
I did have a stock replacement silent free flow muffler in anodized aluminum finish for the new honda city which i installed a couple of moths back.. will send u pics in a few days.
Thanx.. wating for them.. how much power boost have you got in your NHC?
Old 1st March 2005, 09:22   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
hey maybach i wouldn't advise you to just go in for a k&n universal filter..till you know sumone who can install it perfectly for you...i mean if you wait for sumtime and get a box replacement it would be much better...see the whole idea of a universal filter comes up when you want a cold air induction system...and trust me even the slightest variation in the positioning of the filter could reduce your FE..and other major performance...if you do want i can arrange sumone to get you an ideal cold air induction(custom made so dont expect anything fancy looking) and a very nice tune up job...and after all of this you will feel the difference...LOT OF DIFFERENCE.......cheers...
WEll how much increment in performance and what will be the charges for that
Old 1st March 2005, 10:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

has anyone tried putting a cold air induction kit on a zen....would like to see how it is placed...what are the advantages and disadvantages of a cold air induction kit...and is it available off the shelf or is made to order?
Old 1st March 2005, 15:01   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
has anyone tried putting a cold air induction kit on a zen....would like to see how it is placed...what are the advantages and disadvantages of a cold air induction kit...and is it available off the shelf or is made to order?
I guess it available of the shelf.. check out www.methodsonline.com
Manufactured by K n N.. is it available for the NHC??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks