Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 15:01   #16
BANNED

Y dont u go in for a C-Zen Iceman also has a 02city engine it him
Old 1st March 2005, 21:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
vulken i have gone way overboard with my car. i wanted the best and so had to pay soem really high prices for it. i have spent close to 2lac on the engine on mods and gizmos. no NOS for that add another 35k. i dont think u need to spend that kinda money right now. can get similar performance for cheaper.
at the end of the day its your call...wanna spend no one is gonna stop you, but think if its really worth it.
Vulken kinda completely agree with Ice on the setup that he has suggested. As of personal experience would suggest that you can use the following trick would help you to keep the costs low:

1) Plonk in a modded B into the zen without any changes to the MPFI setup and drive around with the stock ECU for your regular use.
2) Have a carb setup ready so that you can swap imm for power

That way you can effectively have the best of both the worlds without the additional addons electronics and it would be easier for you to manage your own car.
Old 1st March 2005, 21:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Vulken kinda completely agree with Ice on the setup that he has suggested. As of personal experience would suggest that you can use the following trick would help you to keep the costs low:

1) Plonk in a modded B into the zen without any changes to the MPFI setup and drive around with the stock ECU for your regular use.
2) Have a carb setup ready so that you can swap imm for power

That way you can effectively have the best of both the worlds without the additional addons electronics and it would be easier for you to manage your own car.
Hey is it possible and feasible to change from mpfi to carbs and back, as a subtle change over???? U made it sound pretty simple Keshav Sir, bt I realy doubt if its that easy!!! Isnt it atleast 2days work??
Old 1st March 2005, 21:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hey is it possible and feasible to change from mpfi to carbs and back, as a subtle change over???? U made it sound pretty simple Keshav Sir, bt I realy doubt if its that easy!!! Isnt it atleast 2days work??
Can be done... and it is not subtle....
And as far as mods go they typically aren't a 2 day job. As far as carbing an MPFI engine is concerned I agree to Dom that the FE will definitely be affected but its advantages of removing the typical hassles of an MPFI far outwiegh the FE part of it especially in the cost factor. If the car has a distributor / CDI that can be delinked from the ECU there is nothing like it to make the transition simple.

Sorry if I am going out of topic here but:

One thing I have noticed that people get attracted to the latest technology at all points only leads to higher costs in doing up a car. Capable people doing the electronic mods is the answer... yes. But how many capable people can you come across on a regular basis.

Also I feel the DIY instinct is critical for anybody to have a feel for their own vehicles to be able to maintain them well enough. This has also let me mod my cars (Conti and the Esteem) at the minimal budget and the best bang for the buck.
Old 7th March 2005, 10:27   #20
BHPian

I have a carb B or E zen (RAW POWER)

a turbo city , guys need advice 1.3 or 1.5??(POWER!!!!!!!!!!)

and an ikon (dont know what to modify ?? For power

in pipe line (2 months)

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 7th March 2005 at 10:29.
Old 7th March 2005, 11:00   #21
BHPian

well if i were you i would go for a 1.5 city or a VTEC or even better go for a 1.6 GTX

all three are reasonably powerful. i say the 1.6 GTX bcas you can get one for less than 2L

i think a better option wil be to get a VTEC and get a new head. the civic 1.5 head is a direct bolt on. you have loads of such parts for the honda.

think the head gives around 20 bhp. you could even TC the engine. its good for 140 BHP.

the bottom line neing you wont have much of a head ache. you could still use the car daily while having a blast occasionaly.

i am not sure if the 1.6 GTX can be modded much. just chk out. DOM must be able to give you more info.

Last edited by Harrie : 7th March 2005 at 11:05.
Old 7th March 2005, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

i would love to go in for the gtx or recommend it to friends who want more bhp but the parts required for the necessary modifications are nt easily available and ost of it has to come in from abroad.
also with the civic head and turbo you would go into the open class to race not indian open that is if you want to participate, since the civic is a foreign car. secondly civic parts are a little expensive in comparision to suzuki.
comparing power of both cars if you have a b-zen 94bhp engine its already around 140bhp per ton same as the turbo city.
and as the case in most modified cars teh tesing and rebuilding costs of a suzuki is way cheaper than honda.
Old 7th March 2005, 18:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
i would love to go in for the gtx or recommend it to friends who want more bhp but the parts required for the necessary modifications are nt easily available and ost of it has to come in from abroad.
also with the civic head and turbo you would go into the open class to race not indian open that is if you want to participate, since the civic is a foreign car. secondly civic parts are a little expensive in comparision to suzuki.
comparing power of both cars if you have a b-zen 94bhp engine its already around 140bhp per ton same as the turbo city.
and as the case in most modified cars teh tesing and rebuilding costs of a suzuki is way cheaper than honda.
goin for 3 cars for display.

Thinkin of zen sure, honda city for sure and ikon or lancer not using for racing!!!!!!
Old 8th March 2005, 17:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
i comparing power of both cars if you have a b-zen 94bhp engine its already around 140bhp per ton same as the turbo city.
How did you get 140 ratio for Bzen ICE??????????

94/765 X 1000 = ~ 123

If we no change in weight.

I think it would be

90/825 X 1000 = ~ 109

since old engine might develop little less and with carb even lesser.

How much was the bhp develop for carb esteem?? any idea
Old 8th March 2005, 22:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

with carb on a baleno i will give you more power ...and with the effective "small" mods to it, its definitely going to touch 140bhp
Old 9th March 2005, 04:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
with carb on a baleno i will give you more power ...and with the effective "small" mods to it, its definitely going to touch 140bhp
Theoritically if you 140 figure is right , you should be able to tune baleno engine to 120 instead of 94.

And I luv it , I luv it. yummyyyyyyyyyy

I have started a thread with does bhp/tonne make sense

this will make the Bzen , no; ICE zen!!!!!!! go to above 110 in the stable of top five.

Again I luv it , I luv it.
Old 9th March 2005, 11:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

hey vulken ,
you opening up something in hyderabad???
Old 10th March 2005, 03:52   #28
BHPian

Yes , I let you guys know, as soon as I materialize!
Old 11th March 2005, 14:05   #29
BHPian

hi guys

sorry to butt in but i didnt want ot start one more thread on ezens & b zens!

i have a 2001 mpfi zen & i was wondering if a esteem mpfi swap can be done
this would give a 25 bhp advantage on the stock car & with a freeflow/header/fliter i guess another 5-10bhp

can anyone do this conversion for me? the most important thing for me would be everyday usability. not looking at adrag special

ice , dom could you'll help me out with this? how much would a turnkey project like this cost? how long would it take start to finish?

cheers

Eldvapo
Old 11th March 2005, 14:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
hey ice just curious. can ou elaborate more on that? i mean like what can be done to the gtx? how much gain and approx costs involved? i might just as well save up some dough for it!

i tried searchin the net for performance stuff for the gtx. but couldn get much info on it.

Most Viewed