Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2005, 22:07   #1
BHPian

Need some advice on Bzen

Guys Im tryin to make a Bzen. any advice on the topic is welcomed

Is it good to midify a mpfi zen or a carb zen?

Will the B zen be a carb one or a mpfi one?

Costs incurred in the process?

Ice man has a baleno engine for 75 k. is it worth , and total modification be 1.2 lakhs for bcarb zen and 1.5 for mpfi zen.
Comments?

What will be the maintainance for it?
Old 26th February 2005, 10:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

see dude any car you modify will hae more maintenance or problems than a stock one 9/10 times.
the carb b zen would be easier as less electronics and less programmimng/tuning headaches. but both are possible.....it all depends on how yuo maintain it.
for example i ahd an rd350 for a year and teh only maintenance i had on it was change of plugs once and change of oil. thats it!!! whereas i know guys who swear that it is not possible for an rd350.
Old 26th February 2005, 10:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey ice how will u make a b zen witha carb engine??
isnt b-zen a zen with a baleno engine??
if so dont baleno's have only mpfi engines??
Old 26th February 2005, 10:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

it is not necessary that you have to run on mpfi...any engine can be run on carbs....it is easier and has quite a few advantages over mpfi...
Old 26th February 2005, 10:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

if you dont mind could you explain more please?
can u convert and mpfi engine to an carb one?? more so in the baleno's case?
what would be the advantages? disadvantages?
Old 26th February 2005, 10:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

HI,
Yes an engine can either run with carbs or injectors. Both serve the same purpose, by metering the fuel fed into the engine. Carburettors are devices which uses vaccum to calculate the amount of fuel to be fed into the engine. The carburettor uses jets to limit the fuel flow. The benifits of the carburettor are no fuel cuts, but the problem with carburetors is that they are not economical in means of fuel consumption. This is where the mpfi, pgfi etc step in. These use computers oxygen sensors etc to calibrate the amount of fuel flowing in. Complex computers read outputs of the oxygen sensors to derive the fuel ratio and if running lean or rich the computer will adjust the pulse of the injectors.

Both have their benifits and drawbacks, A carburettor system is completely simple, not much of a tuning head ache, if you get the right cfm flow and right size jets thats all you need. But the draw back is that by fine tuning more you can actually pull more power from an engine. This is where Programmed Fuel injection systems come in. They are more precice and with perfect tuning can get better results and be more economical.

Cheers
Dom
Old 26th February 2005, 10:57   #7
BHPian

Thanks , more discusiion welcome

Why I am askin all these questions is because I stay in hyd, any problems with the settings , i cant get it to bangalore often. Well totally agree with DOM and ICEMAN. Know the tech stuff said by DOM, but not that deap abt maintainance and power.

Purpose of Bzen , not FE but POWER.

which setup is more powerful. heard mpfis in zen stock are more refined and powerful(heard from someone)

I have a one year old zen 20k kms on it, didnt find much power though. So guys please help me out.

Ice you have a RD man , you rock!!!!!!!!Still waitin to get my Bzen; But lookin at comfortable practical side.
Old 26th February 2005, 13:56   #8
BHPian

if i get cash in my hands, i'll go for an mpfi B-Zen. all good luck to u Vulken
Old 26th February 2005, 14:20   #9
Team-BHP Support

i think when u have ppl like dom and iceman arnd u shud just go in for an mpfi b-zen coz they cud help u with all the hassles even if u have any !

manson .
Old 26th February 2005, 18:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey vulkan both are good options i suggested carbs to you since they were cheape and easier to tune..thereby less problems..but if budget is not the constraint...then the sky is the limi my friend...in fact we couold mod the engine up totally too. like my baleno!!!
Old 26th February 2005, 18:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hey vulkan both are good options i suggested carbs to you since they were cheape and easier to tune..thereby less problems..but if budget is not the constraint...then the sky is the limi my friend...in fact we couold mod the engine up totally too. like my baleno!!!
MPFi. Any day. Carbs do have advantages but now are out dated. MPfi is a better option according to me
Old 26th February 2005, 18:42   #12
BHPian

guys, dun PM each other, post all the updates here so that even we get an idea outta all dis. i'll be doing the same very soon (maybe 2-3months). well, am out for my party & i hope next yr, u guys will be here too when i turn 20 . (i'll mostly have my B-Zen by then )
~cheers
Old 28th February 2005, 10:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Ice Man! other modifications like you did in your baeno with pricing>>>

Dont hate me, its very tempting?? And im sure im goin to get it.
Old 28th February 2005, 10:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

vulken i have gone way overboard with my car. i wanted the best and so had to pay soem really high prices for it. i have spent close to 2lac on the engine on mods and gizmos. no NOS for that add another 35k. i dont think u need to spend that kinda money right now. can get similar performance for cheaper.
at the end of the day its your call...wanna spend no one is gonna stop you, but think if its really worth it.
Old 28th February 2005, 11:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
vulken i have gone way overboard with my car. i wanted the best and so had to pay soem really high prices for it. i have spent close to 2lac on the engine on mods and gizmos. no NOS for that add another 35k. i dont think u need to spend that kinda money right now. can get similar performance for cheaper.
at the end of the day its your call...wanna spend no one is gonna stop you, but think if its really worth it.
haha wanna get wheels of my car, thats why?

ice, I used to own a 300+ bhp car back in US, so I think Im missing that in my life these days, so wanted to have a similar for indian roads, well not a 35 lakh supra!!!!!!!! JEEE .I will post some findings of indian cars with weight/bhp ratios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks