Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 16:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
And why a pio amplifier than a JBL ? any particular reason cause i am gonna put a JBL amp in my brother's swift on monday.
cos in the amby as i said earlier, you cannot make out the fidelity that the amp/hu combi will give. A pio is good enough. There will not be much difference in SQ even if you use a JBL amp cos of the diesel engine!
Old 30th June 2008, 06:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
And from the looks of it nobody is recommending the Toyota 2C It's a Goddamn Good engine and people get averages upto 22KM on a litre of the sticky fuel, can't afford to drive the car around with a 1800ISZ Petrol right now.Will Change the Wheels discs but can't change the tyres right now cause they are all new.
I'm myself pondering about plonking in a diesel engine into my Amby, the 1800 cc Isuzu Petrol engine is a jem, and I don't think the fuel consumption is too bad either for a car of it's size, but I keep thinking how much more I could drive for the same price of fule if I had a diesel unit in the same. Does anyone have an idea how much these second hand engines cost? and is it possible to ask the company itself to replace and put in a new diesel engine, would love to go for the new turbo diesel HM has launched, seems pretty powerfull on paper. What are the RTO rules for engine swap, from petrol to diesel?
Old 30th June 2008, 14:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just one word. Fabulous.Great work mate and it shows the labour of love put into the restoration.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Munee

Missed this thread - thats a great-looking rebuild! Looks terrific.

Quote:
2.9 Lakhs was Just for the rebuild the car cost us next to nothing if i remember right gave something like 35K .
My bill is substantially higher, but in my case we had to rebuild everything from metalwork, even replacing the chassis...
Old 30th June 2008, 18:52   #35
BANNED

Boy!!! This is surprising!! Why did you not simply replace the shell? I think HM used to sell body shells for ambys. I have seen tham at a popular spare dealer, but they have shut shop.

Do not go in for Sony products - stick to pioneer speakers.
Old 30th June 2008, 20:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I'm myself pondering about plonking in a diesel engine into my Amby, the 1800 cc Isuzu Petrol engine is a jem, and I don't think the fuel consumption is too bad either for a car of it's size, but I keep thinking how much more I could drive for the same price of fuel if I had a diesel unit in the same. Does anyone have an idea how much these second hand engines cost? and is it possible to ask the company itself to replace and put in a new diesel engine, would love to go for the new turbo diesel HM has launched, seems pretty powerful on paper. What are the RTO rules for engine swap, from petrol to diesel?
A sealed engine(Brand New) From HM would set you back by almost 1.6 Lakhs, which in my openion is a total waste when you can get a really good used Isuzu 2000cc Diesel For 25K to 35K. In Kerala Currently This Kind of convertion is not possible but in Tamil Nadu(Luckily it is Wokay) Don't Know the situation there in your commie state. And don't even think about asking the HM People to Plonk In the Diesel Engine Usually they are the worst mechanics and most work as if they are in some kind of government office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Munee

Missed this thread - thats a great-looking rebuild! Looks terrific.
My bill is substantially higher, but in my case we had to rebuild everything from metalwork, even replacing the chassis...
Good Job Bhaiyaa Just Can't Wait to see your car really , i am Dying to see it. My Car Luckly was rather "well" maintained and is almost 20 years Younger than your big daddy.Did u get that Valve Amplifier from Panasonic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Boy!!! This is surprising!! Why did you not simply replace the shell? I think HM used to sell body shells for ambys. I have seen them at a popular spare dealer, but they have shut shop.
Do not go in for Sony products - stick to pioneer speakers.
Replacing the Amby's Shell Would have set me back by another half a lakh (last time i checked) but even then when we are talking about an amby we better build on what we got in our hand than start from the scratch because even the brand new Bonnet that i bought from HM had to be Tinkered To Get the Disered Shape and to correct the panel gaps. Basic Lesson I Learned when doing this rebuild

Nothing Is Available off the Rack for an AMBY .

My Rear Speakers are Quite Good it's got rated power output of 100Watts so i am acutally in real need of a Amplifier just to drive my rear speakers.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! This is one of the (second actually) rebuild that shows how much the car is loved, and how far we would go for it! Keep up the wonderful work!!!

Btw, you can check in Pudupet (Chennai) for spares of a whole range of cars and models - in case you need anything.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:10   #38
BHPian

hey thanks ph03n!x. i might need an engine and radiator soon.
Old 17th July 2008, 06:03   #39
JRD
BHPian

[quote=muneemmk;882177]The Finished Product

excellent work dude.. its worth bringing these beauties back to life..

have you considered some rims in the next phase?
Old 17th July 2008, 09:30   #40
BHPian

Yes, i am thinking about installing the Gypsy Wheels along with 195/60 R15 Tires after seeing Steeroid's Landmaster.
Old 20th July 2008, 07:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey thanks ph03n!x. i might need an engine and radiator soon.
A whole bunch of BHP-ians from Chennai are around for ya!! Me personally, am game for it any weekend, work keeps me slogging all week days :(
Old 21st July 2008, 13:33   #42
BHPian

Muneem,

Missed seeing your car when I was in Cochin. Will do it in the next stint for sure

Vijay
Old 21st July 2008, 18:12   #43
BHPian

Not even the cochin BHPian have seen my car will bring it on my next meet, the engine is all messed up and needs a replacement diesel engine and very soon , the fuel averages are single digit and to get it rolling from the start with the A/C switched on need a heavy right foot and some pushing.

Totally done for another 3 months no engine change till then. it's almost drivable but that's it.
Old 11th August 2008, 03:07   #44
BHPian

The Engine Mounting broke off , the engine tilted towards the front hit the radiator broke the whole radiator core , it's been almost 2 weeks, I am bankrupt and searching for a 2nd hand radiator. The Car's Safely Parked at home I wonder weather something might happen if i don't start the car often ?
Old 11th August 2008, 07:59   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
searching for a 2nd hand radiator.
This may bring more trauma. Never, never go for second hand radiator.

Most Viewed