Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 14:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

Please check out this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...gine-fail.html
Old 13th August 2020, 03:10   #62

Re: Suggestion On An Ikon Engine Swap

This thread is more than a decade old but I didn't find any other information anywhere for this project so here goes.

I want to swap a K24A4 engine from a Honda Accord or CRV into a Ford ikon with a turbo build on top. Cost not that much of an issue. I just wanted to know if technically it is possible to build a badass sleeper running 350 or so horsepower specifically with the ikon.
Old 13th August 2020, 13:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I want to swap a K24A4 engine from a Honda Accord or CRV into a Ford ikon with a turbo build on top. Cost not that much of an issue. I just wanted to know if technically it is possible to build a badass sleeper running 350 or so horsepower specifically with the ikon.
The first question is why the Ikon? As a platform, Ikon is not very mod-friendly. Even if you manage to swap the engine, you will need to upgrade the suspension, brakes, etc, which are not available for the ikon. If you want a sleeper, start with some other like the Civic or Octavia which have a better mod potential.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 18:06   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The first question is why the Ikon? As a platform, Ikon is not very mod-friendly. Even if you manage to swap the engine, you will need to upgrade the suspension, brakes, etc, which are not available for the ikon. If you want a sleeper, start with some other like the Civic or Octavia which have a better mod potential.
I did consider a civic but I didn't want to invest an extra 2L in buying an old civic and fixing that up to take an engine. Plus I love the handling and size of the ikon and it's 1 ton weight will give me a pretty good power to weight ratio. Suspension and brakes and steering are an issue but I'm planning on overhauling the entire setup with imported parts custom fitted to the car. Beyond that I have a huge attachment to the ikon since it was my first car and I want to keep it on albeit as a race or drag spec car
Old 16th August 2020, 17:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I did consider a civic but I didn't want to invest an extra 2L in buying an old civic and fixing that up to take an engine. Plus I love the handling and size of the ikon and it's 1 ton weight will give me a pretty good power to weight ratio. Suspension and brakes and steering are an issue but I'm planning on overhauling the entire setup with imported parts custom fitted to the car. Beyond that I have a huge attachment to the ikon since it was my first car and I want to keep it on albeit as a race or drag spec car
Have you even tried searching for parts that can fit the car or spoken with good tuners or mechanics who are willing to take up this job? Also, you don't want to spend 2l for a donor car but are willing to import custom parts. I just see a confused 19 year old here
Ikon was my first car too and I can understand the attachment. Just maintain it in pristine stock condition and use it for weekend coffee outings around town.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 07:41   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Have you even tried searching for parts that can fit the car or spoken with good tuners or mechanics who are willing to take up this job? Also, you don't want to spend 2l for a donor car but are willing to import custom parts. I just see a confused 19 year old here
Ikon was my first car too and I can understand the attachment. Just maintain it in pristine stock condition and use it for weekend coffee outings around town.
I have tried a few tuners in B'lore who seem confident enough about tuning it to 200hp and later on with a turbo to quite a bit more but I am trying to find good mechanics who can undertake the swap a couple did show interest but I have to check up with them sometime soon.

I don't want to spend an Extra 2L because even with a Civic body itself I would still have to import suspension and brakes to enable it handle the power. Sure maybe they'd be less expensive because civics are easier to get parts for but retrofitting UK Ford car parts to this would be not be very difficult. There's a few platforms that might work on this (a couple of Ford Ka builds I've seen) or I might just try to find performance parts here and custom fit those onto this

My age aside,I have put quite a bit of thought into it and it is something I really want to do. My Ikon's engine is basically halfway out the door. Electronics are ruined, engine probably has valve issues and is giving me a mileage of around 5 and next to no power. Just to fix it I will have to spend 25-50k. This seemed like a valid option to still keep it on so I asked if technically it was possible because if it does work out then I'll have a race car on my hands which is something I do need to compete in. Not to mention it will be the fastest Ikon in the world. Cheers

Note from Support: Spacing, typos fixed. Please run a spell-check before posting. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 19th August 2020 at 08:06. Reason: See note.
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:09   #67
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, a 2008-10 Ikon has a 1.4 Duratorq Engine. It has decent power and from what I recall its also the same engine used in First Gen Indian Fiesta and Figos. Why can't you get one of those since all you need are probably engine mounts and a new ECU/ECM and other things.
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
If I am not mistaken, a 2008-10 Ikon has a 1.4 Duratorq Engine. It has decent power and from what I recall its also the same engine used in First Gen Indian Fiesta and Figos. Why can't you get one of those since all you need are probably engine mounts and a new ECU/ECM and other things.
Actually I've been pondering. Would it be viable to swap in a 1.6 Fiesta Engine into an Ikon 1.6? I know that the Duratorq engine was fitted into the Ikon and that was pretty much the same engine used for Diesel Fiestas, so what would need doing with a petrol 1.6 Fiesta Engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks