Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 23:57   #1
BHPian

Power Windows for Santro

I have a 6 month old santro xing GL i plan to go for power windows for my car.I am a little confused as to whether install after market or get it done from the dealer.I read in the forums that after market installs work better than company fitted ones.A few of my friends and dealer say if i go for after market install i shall loose something called electrical warranty.I searched a lot but couldn't understand what that warranty means and covers.I received a quote of 9900 for 4 window power windows brand autocop from a local accessory shop while the dealer quote is 14k after installation charges and taxes. My question is if i go for a after market install what do i loose in terms of warranty.Does spending additional 4k and having it done at dealer make more sense.I tried searching on this subject and didn't find anything related.If i missed it my apologies for the new post
Old 5th July 2008, 21:59   #2
BHPian

Hi, to make things easier, confirm with your dealer whether you can go for after market accessories in your car. 95% reply may be yes. but still just for your satisfaction. Do update friend.
Old 5th October 2008, 00:16   #3
BHPian

Any update on this ?

What is the cost of turning front two windows to power windows ?
Old 13th November 2008, 01:50   #4
BHPian

Hi guys can anyone update on the cost for installing power windows for the rear for XING. I have a 04 XG model with came with front only powered windows. Checked with the dealer (DSC Nandanam-Chennai) who quoted 7500 bucks for it. That too this is not OEM windows it seems. He said that he will source it from the open market and only installation will be done by them. Sounded a bit fishy to me so said will get back. Anyways was wondering if there are any good places to get it done here in chennai and im sure will be cheaper getting it done outside too.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:16   #5
BHPian

Go for autocops as they have full support and warranty for 1 year
Also Hyundai recommends this
It is 9K for front power windows. For front + rear it is 13.5K/13K. I think you can negotiate 5 to 10% more if you are directly getting it done from autocops. Infact they can come and fit at your house also.
One advice don't throw the handles once power windows are fixed. In future if you revert back to basic you need to buy them again. I did this mistake as person carried those when he came for fitment
If you only want in rear then also it would be 9K but driver seat will not have any control. Only from the rear it can be done

Last edited by aka_iitd : 13th November 2008 at 09:19.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:48   #6
BHPian

I enquired about the power windows at hyundai was quoted 13.5k,autocop power windows for 4 doors at a shop in GP Road was quoted at 9500 including fitment
Old 14th November 2008, 09:39   #7
BHPian

Go with GP road but make sure you have warranty card with you. That is must
Old 29th November 2008, 23:02   #8
BHPian

Kevciti, Have you installed power windows. me too looking for front power windows in Swift. Please let me know the details if you done already.

Thanks
Old 4th December 2008, 12:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Any update on this ?

What is the cost of turning front two windows to power windows ?
well here in Noida, the Autocop Front two doors power window set will cost ~5.5K ! Features include, raising(closing) of front mirrors automatically, if left open. This happens when owner activates the security lock by pressing the relevant key.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_heart007 View Post
well here in Noida, the Autocop Front two doors power window set will cost ~5.5K ! Features include, raising(closing) of front mirrors automatically, if left open. This happens when owner activates the security lock by pressing the relevant key.
I am all ears if u can send me the address of this shop because the other day the nimbus sales guy told me the same costed 6950/- and that too after discount.
Old 7th December 2008, 18:49   #11
BHPian

KevCiti & Knownstranger,

Have you installed P/W ? If so please let me know the details as I am going to get it fixed by next week.
Old 7th December 2008, 22:39   #12
BHPian

I still havent been able to fix it.You can fix Autocop power windows a good product.Its available in Adamjee and GP road also.Last when i enquired at both places got a quote of Rs.9500 for 4 windows.You can install at any of these places just remember to collect the warranty card which is very important.

Deepak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks