Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 21:43   #16
BHPian

I am really sorry to hear this. If I were you I would go back to my tuner. Other tuners may not touch you car out of professional courtesy, though this is not a hard and fast rule.

It would be great if you can keep the turbo. Turbo is the holy grail of performance.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

understand your dilemma.. But please dont destroy the engine and turbo by continuing to use it. Get it fixed. Might end up spendin a lot more than bargained for if something else goes wrong.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I am really sorry to hear this. If I were you I would go back to my tuner. Other tuners may not touch you car out of professional courtesy, though this is not a hard and fast rule.

It would be great if you can keep the turbo. Turbo is the holy grail of performance.
thanks for the consern dude
i just wish i could keep it i really loved the way the car moved with it
it feels like the king of the world with it however i should have investigated or should i say waited and looked for more detalis than jumping it to it.and its all my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
understand your dilemma.. But please dont destroy the engine and turbo by continuing to use it. Get it fixed. Might end up spendin a lot more than bargained for if something else goes wrong.

i understand the point and really appriciate your concern amit sir
what do you suggest i should do.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th July 2008 at 23:47.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:05   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
s:and i got to know from a very reiable source that you didn not wanted to do anty thing with my car meaning that you didn wanted to touch it so i kept quite and didn reach you.
Instead of depending on "sources" , pick up the phone, confront issues constructively and stop using the forum to wash dirty linen. This is beginning to look like Karnataka politics
Old 8th July 2008, 22:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

firstly don't call me sir secondly asif.. Remember you have gone forced induction on your car. This requires some major modifications to be done on the car. Now to remove the turbo these changes have to be undone. This will also cost you money. So speak to the tuner. See which option is cheaper and more reliable. Also if you really want to keep the turbo how much it will cost you. I have a baleno myself and have stayed away from turbo for similar reasons as well as my driving style. So again back to the same thing. You got to speak to him and sort it out. Anywhere else you go, they might not understand what has been done to your car as each tuner has his own style. The next guy might charge you more or make things worse. Are you willing to take the risk?
Old 8th July 2008, 22:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Instead of depending on "sources" , pick up the phone, confront issues constructively and stop using the forum to wash dirty linen. This is beginning to look like Karnataka politics
I think you are getting unnecessarily harsh here. Alais has simply asked for advice and not insulted or protested against anyone. He has been more than polite in all his posts. You have to understand that he would have his own reasons for not picking up a phone and getting things sorted. A person is his position is bound to be confused a little as its a mixture of monetary, performance and reliability concerns.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:56   #22
BHPian

@ amjat

thanks for the comments guys
well i didn do what you have mentioned here is becasue of some issues with the tunner that i dont think should post on a public forum

hope that clears it

regards
alias

@dipin

thanks dude for understanding my situation and your concern really appriciate this thank you

Last edited by alias : 8th July 2008 at 23:04.
Old 9th July 2008, 00:18   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Alias,

I'd be lying if I said I wasnt sad that a potent combination as a Baleno + TC is potentially getting split. Please allow me to suggest a few points:

1. Unless your reasons for wanting to remove the TC are nontechnical, keeping it on is really the way to go.

2. Having driven an NA and a TCed car of the same make - Swift, I'd be the 1st to vouch for the completely DIFFERENT set of driving skills and considerations needed for a TCed car. Its a different ballgame altogether. At this point, my impression from reading about your car's accidents is that you have yet to grasp this difference in driving styles. If that is true, then do take all time you need to master driving a TC car.

Difficulty in driving a TC car alone shouldnt deter you from removing it.

3. This 3rd point is probably the most important I have to make. Personally speaking, having been in touch with different sections of people - regular passionate owners not too technically aware to hardcore tuners to people anywhere in between since the 2+ years I've been on the forum, I realize its confusing, annoying and frustrating at the same time to hear conflicting advises from each of them. In such a scenario, especially in your case, I would suggest you stick to one informed person's advises and spontaneously drop every other - else trust your car to become unusable permanently - being the hapless recipient of each conflicting advise you may get.

Speaking technically, that person should be your tuner and his advise only at this stage since he's the person who knows most about your car, and the other reason which you've already stated- no one else will touch your car. Conversely, you can pop a question to another setup that offers to work your car - will the car be as troublefree as before or do you have a moneyback guarantee.

Last edited by theMAG : 9th July 2008 at 00:19.
Old 9th July 2008, 05:01   #24
BHPian

@ALIAS hey man i really think you should consider keeping the TC its a beatiful machine especially with a mate like the baleno engine.
either way imho i suggest please do not do further damage to both your engine as well as your TC please get the matter resolved asap with your tuner who would fully understand the depth of the problem and resolve it to your satisfaction.
please understand the tech as well as monetary damage it will do to you and your car TC is a very serious business you have to fully understand it to know how it works best for you . You have personally seen the difference in the power and performance it has made to your car.Please do the right thing. Its your decision in the end.

I would like to end with a very stupid line i remember
"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY"in case of TC this is very true.
peace out.
cheers, TREVOR.
Old 9th July 2008, 07:30   #25
BHPian

Alias,

I am a Baleno driver and longed to get mine TCed. Lucky that you could get the resources and time to do it while mine still runs NAed.

I am of the opinion that once we make a decision there is no going back. May be you should try a little longer in perfecting that turbo. A few occasional leaking hoses are a small price to pay for that 'hoosh' you get when you floor it. Be confident. And I remeber your post elsewhere that you got a mean car that has been immaculately done or something very similar to that.

Get it fixed by the man who did it. Have fun.
Old 9th July 2008, 07:56   #26
BHPian

Hey Alias, you have bit off more than you could chew, now instead of blaming and cribbing try to find a solution for the issue. Now you need to really act much matured, Turbo install is not for an amateur drive. The issue what you have with your car can be fixed, but it depends on your attitude. And regarding taking your car to another tuner in the city is not going to help you, reason they will try to drive the installation in their own way and I can bet you that you will be paying a bomb if even any tuner agrees to even tune the car now.

Psycho would have some plans for the car and get it finished by him or get the car back to stock.

When you are getting the car tuned you need to build a good rapport with the tuner and you should be in direct contact with him that lending your ears to others words.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Comin to think of it alias even you would have done what I did if you were in my shoes. Understand that people around can tell you things based on guesswork whereas we have a through knowledge of the car and what has been done on it.

Personally I have had enough of this reliable source story long ago as it is nothing but assumptions that just change as the person changes. I would agree to Ajmat on this you should have tried using the phone.

Given this situation drop by to the garage and we can remove the turbo and bring it back to stock.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Psycho,

so you will have a complete turbo setup for a baleno lying with you shortly...
Old 9th July 2008, 10:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Come on Alias ! dont wait and watch and in the process damage a fine engine and as suggested drop by Keshav's garage and get things sorted out.

Again as many mentioned about handling the TCed car: Well! can anyone throw some insight about what is different? and how is it different in handling a TCed car? Well! not every one starts driving a TCed car and when one plans to get it TCed how is the driving style going to affect?
Old 9th July 2008, 16:20   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Asif, sad to hear about the problems you have been facing. You have only two choices, either sit down and get the faults rectified or go back to stock.

PS: I don't think its fair to send a customers car out without proper (incomplete) tuning even if some bills are unpaid. As a customer I would appreciate if my tuner completed my car build to the dot and handed the keys over to me. Thats said, asif kindly pay up the money or return back the stuff and end this. You'll be a happier man.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th July 2008 at 16:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed