Team-BHP - review of my baleno after 4000 kms on turbo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   review of my baleno after 4000 kms on turbo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/42127-review-my-baleno-after-4000-kms-turbo.html)

Hi all
Here is the review of my 4 months old turbo baleno.
It’s been 4 months since I got the turbo on my car and it was running well for the 1st 2 months,
and then started off with a few problems
1st: being the hose that connects the intercooler and the turbo(and all most all the hoses) getting cut very frequently(since the quality of the hose being bad which is similar to the material used in making tubes), however it easy to fix and i have done it a couple of time on my own.

2nd: well is when the turbo reaches the max psi (boost) the car starts jerking (I mean as if there is no fuel passing)
I had though that a turbo car is supposed to do that until a few knowledgeable people saw it and told me that its a fueling issue well i am still not sure though
experts suggestions please
3rd Right where the turbo is mounted the oil has started leaking there
it not exactly the turbo but some thing next to it (well I m not sure what it is looks to me like some thing right below the manifold)
I got to know from some one that the seal on the turbo has worn off but when i look at it its not the turbo that leaks but the part right below the manifold leaks any ways the best way is to attach pictures ill do that ASAP
Apart from the problems I faced the car is just fine well the turbo does make the car a bit powerful and I had fun driving it on the highways
also met with an accident recently and had thought that the car is completely lost but then was not that bad and is still running (the oil issue started before this and no turbo parts where damaged in the accident only the front bumper and the grill was replaced)
the car was delivered at 23k kilometers and now stands at 27k kilometers.
Will attach the pictures ASAP

Regards
alias

ps:i am actually planning of getting rid of the turbo because I had to face a lot of problems after I got it on so any suggestions or advises that I can get are welcome!

Probably dumping the turbo seems the intelligent choice, unless you are hell bent on routine garage visits.
If the power surge is limited, turbo does not make much sense.
You could try taking the car to some expert for proper turbo fitting. But its advisable to run the car simple.

I would suggest you to take the turbo off and get the supercharger in… Hey I was just kidding; I think you need to make the right decision now, if you have seen Psycho signature it speaks the experts experience. When you tune your car there will be some small issue to which you need to get adjusted, my VTEC’s idle sensor is disabled when I used to drive in the initial stage it was very annoying, but now I know what my car is and I have got adjusted to it. But I know why exactly idle sensor is disabled and what I need to do for getting it back to normal, it’s completely depended on what you decide.

House and oil leak can be fixed, it’s not that major issues.

hey.. How come you have not visited psycho and told him about all this. Since he has installed it he should be able to help you understand what is wrong. Or could it be that the car has not been maintained...?

Whoa!

Buddy trust me go back to Psycho clear all his dues and have him sort out your car's niggling issues. If you have had any issues talk it out, avoiding gets you nowhere. That would be the right thing to do.

Viper

Yeah I would want to get this fixed Asap. Do not want to lose the install as well as the engine.

As suggested already, try to have the problems sorted out from Psycho. Set a (ball park) time period within which the car should be reliable. If you are still not satisfied after this, remove it and go back to stock.

Guys, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to get hot under the collar here, and neither is there any room for sarcasm. Alias has opened this thread seeking advice.

Post ONLY if you wish to suggest any viable solutions.

Here are a few suggestions I could give:

1) Bring the car back to the tuner if there is a problem with it. I havent seen the car for the last 4 months since you took it. Never even had the chance to finish the tuning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias (Post 895312)
1st: being the hose that connects the intercooler and the turbo(and all most all the hoses) getting cut very frequently(since the quality of the hose being bad which is similar to the material used in making tubes), however it easy to fix and i have done it a couple of time on my own.

2) The accidents you had could have changed the alignment of the hoses to the body aloowing it to rub up and dis integrate.

Quote:

2nd: well is when the turbo reaches the max psi (boost) the car starts jerking (I mean as if there is no fuel passing)
I had though that a turbo car is supposed to do that until a few knowledgeable people saw it and told me that its a fueling issue well i am still not sure though
experts suggestions please

3) What is the max PSI it is hitting, the car was set to run at 7-8 PSI and have you changed any of the tuning parameters on the eManage.

Quote:

3rd Right where the turbo is mounted the oil has started leaking there
it not exactly the turbo but some thing next to it (well I m not sure what it is looks to me like some thing right below the manifold)
I got to know from some one that the seal on the turbo has worn off but when i look at it its not the turbo that leaks but the part right below the manifold leaks any ways the best way is to attach pictures ill do that ASAP

4) Have that checked ASAP.

Quote:

ps:i am actually planning of getting rid of the turbo because I had to face a lot of problems after I got it on so any suggestions or advises that I can get are welcome!

[/quote]

5) I dont think the turbo was the problem, the problem lay more with you taking the car without a proper tune and a complete lack of maintenance. Have never liked giving out incomplete cars but you forced me to hence may be the problems. It would have been better if you had approached me earlier and had them rectified as you found them.

PS: You owe the garage a large sum and would request you to clear it immediately.

@alias, Did you try to get things checked out once the problems started ? Should you not try to get it rectified by the installer ?

oops, another turbo thread. Turbo threads are getting hotter than turbo itself.
did the 'someone' check the turbo properly? How long have you been running the turbo with the oil leak? if it is a long time, probably turbo pistion rings can get damaged.
Does this oil being smoked out? Also if you are loosing oil, it is probably advisable to top up to prevent turbo damage. it is best to get things proper before using the car again.
i think most turbo installations use heavy radiator hose pipes of truck etc which won't break easily. it must have been cut due to loose fitting, abrasion etc. it is very unlikely that it can explode due to air pressure (unless there is too much pressure!!).

the last point says you want to get rid of the turbo. then it is probably not advisable to check the whole thing and rectify it. I think this can be done much easily and you won't bump into more turbo problems (if you don't do the corrections properly now!!)

Get the car back to the person who has done the job for you. I think this thread could've been posted after that.

In case you don't want to do the above, then I suggest you follow what Psycho has posted. Delaying/self experimenting on a custom Turbo job is definitely not something I would recommend.

And in case you find your turbo job to be too extensive and painful to go forward with, how about putting it up on the classifieds secton? :wicked smile: ;)

Alias,
From your post and psycho's its clear that something is seriosly wrong.

1. Did you fill 97 Octane gas or otherwise?
because this could be a vital factor in the rngine's health.

Like all the posts above. Stop driving the car. This will avouid further damage and get it fixed.

While if you have made up your mind to get rid of the turbo then do that and dont forget to bring the engine back to stock or else you will have a whole new set of problems with it after that.

Hi all
Thanks for all your valuable suggestion/advices

Iceman: Alias,
From your post and psycho's it’s clear that something is seriously wrong.
1. Did you fill 97 Octane gas or otherwise?
Because this could be a vital factor in the engine’s health.
Alias: I was supposed to use 91 or 97 octane and have been filling on extra premium which is 91 octane only.
Ice man: Like all the posts above. Stop driving the car. This will avoid further damage and get it fixed.
alias:Well I am still using the car and topping up the oil every two days when ever you leave it parked you can find oil stains on the road. And this is my daily drive so i have no option but to use it on daily basis.
ice man: While if you have made up your mind to get rid of the turbo then do that and don’t forget to bring the engine back to stock or else you will have a whole new set of problems with it after that.
Alias: I have spoken to some one who is ready to take the turbo from me(I am not selling it I am just giving it just like that).

Speedzak: And in case you find your turbo job to be too extensive and painful to go forward with, how about putting it up on the classifieds section? : Wicked smile:
Alias: I appreciate your concern, thanks you however I am not interested in selling(not interested in the money here) it but giving it away to some one.

Psycho: Bring the car back to the tuner if there is a problem with it. I haven’t seen the car for the last 4 months since you took it. Never even had the chance to finish the tuning.
Alias: I agree with you but I don’t think that it is the right thing to do
Well I thought the tuning was done was not aware that it was not completed.

2) The accidents you had could have changed the alignment of the hoses to the body allowing it to rub up and disintegrate.
Alias: well I think the accident did have a part to play with this but not major.

3) What is the max PSI it is hitting, the car was set to run at 7-8 PSI and have you changed any of the tuning parameters on the eManage.
Alias: it’s going to max 3psi now with a torn hose and since not interested in keeping any more I think ill not get it fix.
And I haven’t touched any thing on the e manage since I don’t know any think about it.

5) I don’t think the turbo was the problem; the problem lay more with you taking the car without a proper tune and a complete lack of maintenance. Have never liked giving out incomplete cars but you forced me to hence may be the problems. It would have been better if you had approached me earlier and had them rectified as you found them.
PS: You owe the garage a large sum and would request you to clear it immediately.
Alias: I know I owe the garage some money so I have a request/suggestion for you why not you just take out the turbo and bring my car back to stock and finish every thing like that.
Please pm me if you’re interested as I mentioned it’s not about the money I don’t want the turbo you can keep it and finish of all the issues.well if its Feasible or else i think binz has already spoken to you.

ps:and i got to know from a very reiable source that you didn not wanted to do anty thing with my car meaning that you didn wanted to touch it so i kept quite and didn reach you.

@mods: i am sorry i could not edit the post since it was a little late
if you can kindly merge both the posts

Well it was my mistake in getting my self involved in the turbo business!!!
I should have never gone ahead with it, I don’t blame any one for it
Nor do I accuse any one even if I got threatened of getting beaten up.
Any why I think these issues with a custom install can never be resolved and if I keep the turbo ill end up losing my car so I am seriously considering of letting it go.

and one more issue is that since psycho has installed the turbo and since i dont want to get my issues fixed from him there is no one else in this world who can help other tunners just say that we cannot touch your car since its done by some one else. :Frustrati