Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 13:01   #1
BHPian

ABT GUINDY - Chennai WORST Paint work and delivery - How/Where to escalate?

A motorcyclist hit my front right fender and crushed it, I had sent the car for a fender replacement and repaint, + Bonnet + Front Right Door to fix some minor dents.

The total cost was about 9800/- (tho under insurance), I had taken delivery yesterday and found some small, very small dots all over the newly painted surface, (like pin points). And the edges are rolled with some thick rough paint in couple of places. Dunno what to do about it now! Please suggest, why is the surface with so many small dots or holes (must be air bubbles?) not sure.

I have attached some photos, here, hope u are able to see the dots.

Update: I sent the car back stating the pathetic paint job and the paint smudge, pinholes, and to my surprise a new dent on the bonnet!!

They took it silently and accepted to redo it, and spent a whole day to repaint it, and came out with something similar and I'm not satisfied again, what to do now.

I don' t know where to escalate this issue now. All their managers from body shop, paint booth came up to see it, and said it was a pathetic job and promised to get a neat job done, but in vain.

Now how do i escalate this!!?????????

[note: this is a follow up/update to my previous thread]
Old 10th July 2008, 11:38   #2
BHPian

any help guys?
how to contact Maruti for this issue?
Old 10th July 2008, 11:39   #3
BANNED

Have you tried Maruti Suzuki: Maruti800, Alto, Zen, WagonR, Versa, Esteem, Baleno,Grand Vitara, Gypsy, Finance, Insurance, Accessories, TrueValue, Fleet Management Solutions?
Old 10th July 2008, 12:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Write to this address & be assured of a response within 10 days.

Quote:
Registered and Corporate office
11th Floor, Jeevan Prakash, 25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
New Delhi - 110001, India
( 91-11-23316831 (10 lines)
Fax: 91-11-23318754, 91-11-23713575
alternatively, you can call/visit the regional office
Quote:
7th Floor, Capital Towers,
180, Kodambakkam High Road
Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 034
( (044) 28233051-3
Fax: 28242059

Last edited by esteem_lover : 10th July 2008 at 12:08.
Old 10th July 2008, 12:31   #5
BHPian

Will call the regional office immediately E_S[John]
Old 10th July 2008, 13:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude check you inbox. Have sent you a PM.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:16   #7
BHPian

thank you Riju, I have seen it, and replied
Old 10th July 2008, 22:40   #8
BHPian

Hi All,

I wrote to Maruti today afternoon.
I got a call from the Regional Office, asking what the problem was, and I explained, and they promised to get it all fixed with utmost care, and said they will pick up the car, and leave behind a stand-in car till the job is done to perfection.

Hopefully they send in some one to my place to pick up my car on Monday, I shall keep the news updated here! Thanks to Riju and Esteem_lover for PMing me with details, and contacts!!

Cheers,
MS
Old 10th July 2008, 23:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Million swords - Glad to know that Maruti is responsive to your complaint. Amazing how they've replied so soon. Hope your ride is back soon and as good as new.
Old 12th July 2008, 10:43   #10
BHPian

ABT has very good mechanics but it does very very pathetic water servicing. You can see lots of scratches on the roof and few small dents on the side of the car. Right from my first servicing i was wondering how those scratches happened on the roof. Once i got a call for a free servicing in ABT guindy where i was personally watching the work done. During the water servicing this is how they do, all the mats were removed out and washed then a vaccum cleaner is used to clean the interior. They don't have patient to move the vaccum cleaner, it was dragged in a hurry and had a hit on the front driver door which caused a small dent but he did not mind anything and he doesn't know that i was the owner of the car. Then comes the other part all the mat which was washed was put on the roof of the car. They were again dragged from the roof which had caused lots of scratches(very deep scratches) on the roof.

Then comes the water servicing but you can see more kids doing the water servicing with few seniors supervising. I was totally not satisfied with the work they have done. And since all the suzuki vehicles comes with a very light metal sheets you can see lots of dents on the hood if it was not closed by proper way. By proper way i mean you have leave the hood/bonnet from a certain distance so that it closes automatically but it was not done that way. Hand pressure was used to close the bonnet which caused lots of small dents on the hood. Almost all the vehicle which was in servicing in ABT had dents on the bonnet and i have notices even the mechanic use to close the bonnets in the wrong way.

I had given all my feedback to them and they said they will work on that. I also got a feeback form from Suzuki but ABT guys called me and asked me to give to ABT directly since it is anyway going to come to them from Suzuki. Since anyway i did not have any idea of visiting them again so i had given my feedback to ABT directly.

If you wanted to esclate you can directly contact the suzuki people on the tool free number of you can contact them on the address mentioned by the team-bhpan's. Suzuki really does response to your comments and they value your feedback.
Old 12th July 2008, 14:01   #11
BHPian

ABT has very good mechanics but it does very very pathetic water servicing. You can see lots of scratches on the roof and few small dents on the side of the car. Right from my first servicing i was wondering how those scratches happened on the roof. Once i got a call for a free servicing in ABT guindy where i was personally watching the work done. During the water servicing this is how they do, all the mats were removed out and washed then a vaccum cleaner is used to clean the interior. They don't have patient to move the vaccum cleaner, it was dragged in a hurry and had a hit on the front driver door which caused a small dent but he did not mind anything and he doesn't know that i was the owner of the car. Then comes the other part all the mat which was washed was put on the roof of the car. They were again dragged from the roof which had caused lots of scratches(very deep scratches) on the roof.

Then comes the water servicing but you can see more kids doing the water servicing with few seniors supervising. I was totally not satisfied with the work they have done. And since all the suzuki vehicles comes with a very light metal sheets you can see lots of dents on the hood if it was not closed by proper way. By proper way i mean you have leave the hood/bonnet from a certain distance so that it closes automatically but it was not done that way. Hand pressure was used to close the bonnet which caused lots of small dents on the hood. Almost all the vehicle which was in servicing in ABT had dents on the bonnet and i have notices even the mechanic use to close the bonnets in the wrong way.

I had given all my feedback to them and they said they will work on that. I also got a feeback form from Suzuki but ABT guys called me and asked me to give to ABT directly since it is anyway going to come to them from Suzuki. Since anyway i did not have any idea of visiting them again so i had given my feedback to ABT directly.

If you wanted to esclate you can directly contact the suzuki people on the tool free number of you can contact them on the address mentioned by the team-bhpan's. Suzuki really does response to your comments and they value your feedback.
Old 12th July 2008, 19:07   #12
BHPian

That is Sh*t Shocking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post

Thank you DineshKanna for the long description of WHY the small dents occur!! It is some serious issue! I will tell Maruti people.

I had received calls from ABT in abundance after I wrote to Maruti directly, and I called up Suzuki guys and told them I was not happy and don't have faith in ABT so do not leave the car again in ABT please. But Suzuki fellow who called said, he is going in person and gonna watch the work done, and will make sure he sends me a Stand-in car till the time the work is over, and they promised to pick up the car too.

I remember ABT never dropped me back after I drop the car for service, and gave reasons like a Govt. Organization.

Tuesday morning they are gonna call me, and pick up my car, let us see how they work this time, the pathetic PaintShop!!

[I complete agree with the Vacuum cleaner thing Dinesh narrated, it is true and they don't have care for your car - that is the painful truth!]

Though it is a hatchback and not a BMW, it is precious for us!

cheers,
MS
Old 12th July 2008, 21:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
But Suzuki fellow who called said, he is going in person and gonna watch the work done, and will make sure he sends me a Stand-in car till the time the work is over, and they promised to pick up the car too.
It works , I have been there and done that. I am glad someone from MUL has taken ownership and has assured you of his presence till the work is done.
In my case I had one of the Regional/Territorial Service head come down and stay at the service station with my car till the work was done to my satisfaction.

Good luck once again. Take it easy things will fall in place, get your quota of beer for the weekend and ease yourself up .
Old 12th July 2008, 21:43   #14
BHPian

Hi MS,

Good that you spoke to the suzuki guys. Lets see how things work after their visit to ABT. But i dont have any idea of visiting ABT again in future for service.

Keep us posted.
Old 14th July 2008, 08:41   #15
BHPian

Where do u go then?

where do u service Dinesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Hi MS,

Good that you spoke to the suzuki guys. Lets see how things work after their visit to ABT. But i dont have any idea of visiting ABT again in future for service.

Keep us posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks