Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2005, 17:20   #1
BHPian

Speakers for the Scorpio

I recently installed a Soomoku tube type subwoofer in my scorpio along with a Pioneer deh 6050 head unit and a 12 cd changer , I did not change the speakers , now the problem is it sounds pretty crappy the bass is too pronounced. Will changing the speakers to larger ones help ?

The reason I did not go in for a 12 sub in a box with an amp is because I need the space.

And before anybody asks I bought sub based on the reports I read in Autocar mag.

Any suggestions to improve the sound ? The most I can spend now is approx 3-4 k

Tks
Old 4th March 2005, 15:46   #2
BHPian

Jbl Speakers R Great

hey there dude,

well, unfortunately u need the boot space of the scorpio, if not u wud be having a mobile discotheque! like i do

well pal, for u, wether u have an AMP or not, the best wud be the JBL 350wt. 4way or 3way speakers!

they r very good, give out nice sound n clarity is nice too..

but then... i dunno the price..

still , i believe that pioner speakers r THE BEST of all the lot...some ppl wud disagree with me on these..but then, i can prove it to them once they see my soundroom

pioneer 400 Wts 4-way speakers r class of its own! they will SURELY come within ur budget. and they do give out a nice mix of Bass and Treble, with good focus on the Vocals..

the JBL r very good in the BASS, but treble and vocals r poor, so as u do ave a sub.tube, then the best one for u is the Pioneer onez.!

Pioneer Rulez! in speakers n Amps atleast!
as such, now dayz Sony makes the BEST head units in the market! along with the worst speakers!

so i hope this helps u out in making ur decission..

what i advise is to go to the shopkeeper n tell him to demo both the brands.. as per ur taste of listening u can get it up..

i personally like a good amount of treble and bass and vocal too at the same time..... some ppl like a diff. mix of it.

herez the pics of my audio system u can envy in da mean time, till u stop having any use of ur scorpio's boot!

1.Head Unit - SONY M1000FT 32,000 color display panel - CD/MP3

2. The Speaker Box:
1. Above: Set of Pioneer Speakers 350 wt output, (This is the best speakers i have ever seen in my life,! i bought it around 4 years ago, and they r still going as new! and that time the price was 7,500/- for a pair! double the normal speakers, but now i know i didnt over spend, as i am now ready to pay that amount again for one more pair ,but now its not available in india anymore..only outside india.

2.Below: the Pioneer 400wt 4Way speakers i am recommending u to put...really very nice...thou no match for the speakers above! but still very goood once. go for it dude!

3.Subwoofer: 15" 2,800Wt Double Coil JBL Pro Subwoofer. for the "thai-massage" effect, where at a certain volume u feel as if ur bodyz being massaged by a nice thai gal

4. The box has Glasswool inside it for acoustics...

The Speaker Box has taken up most of the place in my boot, giving only a 8" space in front of it , as even the seats have been taking some of the boot space as its been moved a lot back,also the side seats thrown out. But the box is good to hold a load of over 200 kgs over it so the suitcases come above it! but the box is been made in such a way that i can disconnect the wires and remove it out in situations.... just have to plug it all back and presto! it starts again!

i suggest u cud do something like this , if the need of boot space is not a regular for u...

Old 4th March 2005, 16:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni
I recently installed a Soomoku tube type subwoofer in my scorpio along with a Pioneer deh 6050 head unit and a 12 cd changer , I did not change the speakers , now the problem is it sounds pretty crappy the bass is too pronounced. Will changing the speakers to larger ones help ?

The reason I did not go in for a 12 sub in a box with an amp is because I need the space.

And before anybody asks I bought sub based on the reports I read in Autocar mag.

Any suggestions to improve the sound ? The most I can spend now is approx 3-4 k

Tks
ur solution would probably be gettin the pioneer 6990 5way & gettin a sony 2 channel amp with it (6k total but would do ur job fine). with sony amps boosting up the vocals(mids) ur lows/mids/highs should go hand in hand. do u have front speakers or tweeters?

& Insane Devil......Your Ride Is INASNE too those kinda instals r a very rare site. nice pics. u sure have a disq in that scorpio.
Old 4th March 2005, 18:11   #4
BHPian

Thank you, Gamer1

Though i have such a huge system, still i find it difficult to shell out 15,000 for a good capacitor... twice i did think abt it, and thought this time i will finally buy it, and ended up upgrading something else, but not buying the capacitor. hmm, i should buy it for the well being of my system!

Most Viewed