Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Engine Immobilizer for Safari 2.2 VTT Lx

Hi,

I am new over here, Thanks to Team BHP I have booked my Tata Safari 2.2 VTT Dicor Lx Quartz Black on Monday and hope to take delivery on Thursday or Friday morning. I searched on Team BHP and got to know about Xenos and AutoCop Engine Immobilizer and Security System ( XS-8500 ) in one of the ownership threads of Safari Dicor Lx but there was no info on any recommendation and also not sure if XS-8500 is actually an immobilizer or just an impact sensor. I enquired at few shops in Koramangla but got no clear answer.

I talked to the dealer for fitting the Engine Immobilizer but got the response that it is not possible , Actually I asked if this will void the warranty or not but both sales guy and the person at necessaries desk of Concord replied that it is impossible to fit an after market engine immobilizer in Safari. I do not understand any logic behind
this. I inquired on few shops in Koramangla area but got not clear answer.

So I have following questions to Safari Gurus here.

1. Can Engine immobilizer be fitted in Safari as after market fitments , I know that people get them fitted in other vehicals and same principal on Warrenty should apply for Safari if it is possible to fit.
2. Suggest some good models and shops in Bangalore where I can get them fitted. I understand that Xenos is favored here but would like recommendation on Model and a competent shop in Bangalore where it can be fitted.

Regards
Amit
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:03   #2
BHPian

Hi amitk26, congrats on your purchase!
There's a thread in which Rahulk76 had mentioned about the Minda immobilizer, and which plugged in effortlessly into the Safari LX. You can try getting info on this, possibly from the Minda regional office on JC Road.
Old 22nd July 2008, 20:33   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine immobilizer is standard on the EX & VX. Since you have a LX, check with Minda if it can be retrofitted into the LX. Tata uses Minda remote locks & immobilizer is integrated into these.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Condor and Dkamath , I will search more on Minda Immobilizer and remote locking.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Condor,

I tried the Minda Service Engineer mobile number you PMed phone was picked by a Kannada speaking lady and the alternative number she gave was permanently swictehd off , I will look for Minda stuff on JC road.

Regards
Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Engine immobilizer is standard on the EX & VX. Since you have a LX, check with Minda if it can be retrofitted into the LX. Tata uses Minda remote locks & immobilizer is integrated into these.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:51   #6

Tata Safari 2.2 Security system locks after battery change

Hi, I changed the battery of my tata safari 2.2 purchased 2.5 years back, now there was some problem with battery drainage and I called Amaron person and he put in a standby battery, but the moment he connected another battery the siren and security system of the car got activated and there is a lock symbol on the dashboard.

We tried different combination's to turn off the alarm but no success, called Tata people and they say to contact Minda as they can reset the lock, I am sure this must be a common issue or will come to all the new safari owners when changing the battery outside of Tata showroom.

I asked a Tata person and he told me to remove the Siren relay, connect the battery (which turns on the blinker lights in solid state) and then sit inside the car, lock all the doors and then press unlock button repeatedly, but of no use.

Can anyone suggest how to reset the alarm or a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2010, 13:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

You need to open up your user manual, and look for the secret code. After that follow the instructions on reset unlock
Old 5th December 2016, 16:01   #8
BHPian

Re: Engine Immobilizer for Safari 2.2 VTT Lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You need to open up your user manual, and look for the secret code. After that follow the instructions on reset unlock
Sorry to necropost but can this code be found elsewhere than the user manual?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks