Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 17:42   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Guys need help in sourcing the AC control unit for my Baleno 2007 VXI. Any lead will be highly appreciated. Have already checked boodmo and MASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-ac-unit-baleno.jpeg  

Old 12th May 2022, 19:32   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Guys need help in sourcing the AC control unit for my Baleno 2007 VXI. Any lead will be highly appreciated. Have already checked boodmo and MASS.
What is the issue you are facing in procuring the part, unable to find part number?
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:54   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What is the issue you are facing in procuring the part, unable to find part number?
I have the part number. Not sure if a new one is available and the mechanic is not sure if this part is the culprit. I am therefore, looking at a preowned one to see if changing this unit will solve the problem or not.
Old 13th January 2023, 21:59   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Posting here after a loooong time. Good to see that I am not the only one to still drive around in a 15+ year old Baleno (and a 10+ year old Palio). Have been thinking of replacing one of them with a SUV, but its Palio which will go first so will most likely keep using Baleno for another few years.

My Baleno's suspensions have been making khad-khad sound for quite some time (especially front ones and only on bad roads), but are otherwise still good. Didn't want to spend hefty SGP prices and therefore searched online and came across dirt cheap bushing sets available on amazon similar to what you have used.

Front: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08DTDHP7F/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Rear: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0831GGRJ6/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Authorized service center folks won't do the job (of course) and another local mechanic is also quite reluctant to do the replacement work. He told me that quality of these sets won't be good, especially metal parts in a few of them which he thinks may worn out or crack in as little as an year! You seem to have used similar sets for over an year now, so your feedback would be valuable. Do you recommend buying these bushing kits based on your experience?
Just an update for the benefit of people who might browse this thread for similar issues: I did find a local mechanic who did suspension job for my car. It was only for front suspension, rear suspension is pretty much intact, no repairs needed. (even though I have used it for 16 years now, my running is very low, just shy of 1L km as of now). Details of the job done (terminology may not be accurate!) -

1. Rubber bushes from a new suspension bush kit (from Amazon) were used as needed. The one with metal part was not replaced based on mechanic's recommendation as he said old bush is still in very good shape and that just greasing it is enough and would be much better than replacing it with the inferior bush from that kit. Major problem was with other big bushes used for lower arm and stabilizer bar (significantly worn out), which were replaced and generously lubricated.
2. Tried to replace damaged ball joints and rods, mostly bought online from boodmo . Major one was the joint connecting stabilizer bar (it was totally worn out). Replaced with original MGP part. Lower arm ball joint could not be replaced because it seems to be casted in the arm itself and hence not removeable. The old one itself is fine as per the mechanic. Steering link rods were replaced with after market ones (though supposedly of good quality). I didn't feel any need to change it, but gave benefit of doubt to his opinion. Another similar rod/ball joint was to be replaced with new one, but it didn't fit in spite of being MGP. This one again was in good to replace category but not really necessary.

Unused parts were returned. Total damage was around 8k including other work like a/c gas refilling (for the first time in 16 years!), thorough cabin cleaning/vacuuming, installation of cabin filter, rat mesh below wipers to avoid dried leaves and other garbage entering into a/c ducts, installation of led bulbs wherever possible along with electronic flasher (cost of bulbs and flasher not included above), and a few other petty jobs.

I have been using the car for several months since then. Suspension noises are almost gone (say more than 95% at least), ride and steering feel is perfect, no issues noticeable to me. Steering was normal anyway even before this work. My gut feeling is that suspension should work fine for another few years easily, given that my running is still low and my usage is far from rough. I would recommend similar repairs for the suspension if anyone is contemplating.

After a few months, a/c gas leaded out and was diagnosed to a minor leak in condenser, around a pipe joint. It is supposed to be the most likely location prone to developing leaks in this car, over time due to vibrations. The solution is to replace the condenser. SGP cost was about 20k just for the part! I wanted to replace it with a reputed aftermarket brand instead (like denso or so, don't remember exact names of options given), but it wasn't available. So settled for another no-name brand as the mechanic vouched for it's quality and I felt the same based on my own visual inspection. Another expenditure of about 8k for this job too, but the AC is as good as before now.

On a lighter note, considering costs of new cars/suv's I am thinking of switching to and yearly insurance itself running into 1-2L range, above costs seem next to zero. You have to pay in terms of time and efforts though.

Last edited by santosh.s : 13th January 2023 at 22:02.
santosh.s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 14:49   #425
Senior - BHPian

Considering the current availability and cost of parts, is it really worth buying this car? Ive just seen a single owner car one 70K Kms. Completing 15 years next month. Body is clean. No rust, no dents, no major scratches. Tyres are cracked and there are oil leaks in the engine bay. Didn't get a chance to drive the car as the owner was not at home and his new car was blocking the driveway.
He's expecting 50K for the car.
Old 8th February 2023, 18:00   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Considering the current availability and cost of parts, is it really worth buying this car? Ive just seen a single owner car one 70K Kms. Completing 15 years next month. Body is clean. No rust, no dents, no major scratches. Tyres are cracked and there are oil leaks in the engine bay. Didn't get a chance to drive the car as the owner was not at home and his new car was blocking the driveway.
He's expecting 50K for the car.
I am not sure how is the part availability in Goa (assuming you are located there), but if you were in Bangalore, I wouldn't see this as a problem and would have suggested to go ahead and drive the car around for few more years. It is a fun to drive car and if you get at cheaper prices, it will still worth it. 70Kms on ODO is not a problem at all for Baleno, actually I would see that as a drawback that it has run only so much in so many years. Negotiate for 35K citing 15 year old re-registration, tyre replacement and part shortage situations. Of course, test drive and see if anything wrong, especially on how the smooth the engine is, suspensions etc.

Another thing to note is how is the re-registration situation in Goa for 15 year old car. If it is seamless and not expensive, then that isn't a problem too.

My Baleno is at 1.75L kms on ODO and looking forward for a 20 year re-registration next year, if the rule permits.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 8th February 2023 at 18:05.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 20:06   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I am not sure how is the part availability in Goa (assuming you are located there),
Haven't checked but I guess availability is not very good.

Quote:
Negotiate for 35K citing 15 year old re-registration, tyre replacement and part shortage situations.
Will try. He's a family friend.

Quote:
Of course, test drive and see if anything wrong, especially on how the smooth the engine is, suspensions etc.
+1

Quote:
Another thing to note is how is the re-registration situation in Goa for 15 year old car. If it is seamless and not expensive, then that isn't a problem too.
It's easy. Costs about 15K.
Old 29th May 2023, 13:13   #428

On account of the replaceable bushes for the front lower arms, I found Monroe ball joints(the joint where the wheel hub mounts) and it also compatible with the SX4, Ritz, etc.

But I am doubtful if this ball joint is replaceable on the OEM lower arms? The mechanic was thinking otherwise.

Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-screenshot-20230529-131233.png  

Old 14th June 2023, 13:46   #429
BHPian

I have enquired this option to three of my mechanics, everyone said it is not possible to replace ball joints in designs like that of Baleno. Finally I changed after market new one, not of Suzuki brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphin_rj View Post
On account of the replaceable bushes for the front lower arms, I found Monroe ball joints(the joint where the wheel hub mounts) and it also compatible with the SX4, Ritz, etc.

But I am doubtful if this ball joint is replaceable on the OEM lower arms? The mechanic was thinking otherwise.

Please advice.
glomus123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:50   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

All, I am looking for an alternator for the Baleno 1.6, Any leads, please ping me.

TIA !
Old 14th June 2023, 14:41   #431
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
All, I am looking for an alternator for the Baleno 1.6, Any leads, please ping me.

TIA !
Are you putting a baleno 1.6
Engine in your Gypsy?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:48   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

No, no such plans
Wanted it for another reason.
Old 20th July 2023, 13:31   #433

Hi,
I need the door checker / check rods / stoppers for the 2005 Baleno VXi.

This is the part that holds the door doesn't slam on you while open.

Please advice if its a match with any other Maruti - as it is super expensive to buy, if available.
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:17   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Just learnt from my mechanic that the Ball joint (is it also called as Tie Rod?) & Tie Rod End of my Baleno had become weak and need a replacement.
While changing the front lower arms of my Baleno, the mechanic noticed that the tierod ends had to be replaced.
As Baleno tie-rod ends weren't available locally, used Esteem's which were a direct fit - cost Rs480 for a pair (Euromac brand).
More details about the lower arm and tierod end change at this link (My Maruti Baleno LXi. So what's new, right? EDIT: 1,00,000km milestone).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 23rd July 2023 at 10:38.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 10:26   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
installation of cabin filter
Can you please throw some light on this.

Any photos or links.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks