Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 05:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
Can anyone help me on the inner mirror plate of ORVM's (both sides) for Baleno in Kochi ? I would like to keep away from the MGA or SGA, as they are really expensive and the MASS guys quoted me Rs.1500 / mirror. I got both my mirrors broken - the left one by an taxi and the right one by an insane truck. I got them replaced, but got after market ones and they are just plain mirror. This has very limited view area of the sides and hence I would like to have an urgent replacement(as I really struggle while reversing/parking the car). I saw in this thread that there are good quality after market mirrors that are cheaper, around Rs.250.

Where in Kochi can I get those ? ( I don't want plain mirrors)

(I don't want Rs.1500 to be wasted for any harebrained truck or cab drivers)
If this is not available in Kochi, can I get it somewhere from chennai ?
I am also ready to purchase it online, if there is such a facility.
Old 20th August 2010, 00:08   #47
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
O2 censor in my Baleno was not working as a result the CEL was always on...ALTO O2 censor was replaced for SGP & it suits fine. I was told that Baleno censors costs Rs.2.8K whereas the alto censors priced at 1.5k (never bothered to check that out on commercial front)
Has there been any changes in the performance/ FE after the sensor change?. I also recently replaced my O2 sensor, but opted for a original Baleno SGP.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:45   #48
BHPian

Again, I would like to discuss about the lower arm of Baleno. My left from lower arm is waiting for a replacement. I have heard that its always recommended to replace both the lower arms together. The price of lower arm is Rs.6000 each. I believe its an SGP. Is there any other option to bring down the cost of replacement ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
sgp lower arm for baleno is 6800 each.when i asked at shetty motors (opera house )he said some linthron(indian make) is good one and you can get it for 2800 for pair!!can anybody tell me about its realibility.otherwise does it make sence to spend close to 14k only on lower arms for baleno!
I saw this post in this thread. Any comments on the reliability of the indian make ?
Old 9th October 2010, 07:09   #49
BHPian

Hello friends,

Even though I do not have a Baleno, I have Suzuki Vitara (not GV) which has exactly same engine as Baleno (G16B).

I need to change the fuel pressure regulator and maybe Throttle position sensor. _Please, can anyone let me know what would be the price for these from Maruti dealer.

Thanks
Old 9th October 2010, 10:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalken View Post
Hello friends,

Even though I do not have a Baleno, I have Suzuki Vitara (not GV) which has exactly same engine as Baleno (G16B).

I need to change the fuel pressure regulator and maybe Throttle position sensor. _Please, can anyone let me know what would be the price for these from Maruti dealer.

Thanks
Whats the problem you're facing?
Old 9th October 2010, 14:19   #51
BHPian

The pressure regulator is not regulating. I have tested. It is stuck open and the diaphragm is leaking. It has gone kaput.

As for TPS, I tested it, there are few flat spots.
Old 5th November 2010, 12:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
O2 censor in my Baleno was not working as a result the CEL was always on...ALTO O2 censor was replaced for SGP & it suits fine. I was told that Baleno censors costs Rs.2.8K whereas the alto censors priced at 1.5k (never bothered to check that out on commercial front)
My Baleno O2 sensor stopped working last week (5 yrs ~ 70k Kms) and the engine light is always on. I have been quoted INR 5k for the SGP But looking at your post, will ask them to put in an Alto Sensor.
Old 5th November 2010, 14:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
My Baleno O2 sensor stopped working last week (5 yrs ~ 70k Kms) and the engine light is always on. I have been quoted INR 5k for the SGP But looking at your post, will ask them to put in an Alto Sensor.
If you enquire the prices with authorised dealers for maruti spares, you will find it cheap. Maruti service centers charge around 20-25% more over it.

Me planning to get some important parts & stock it. Never know the availability of few items in future.
Old 7th November 2010, 01:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, will check out tomorrow!
Old 8th November 2010, 08:09   #55
BHPian

Try RM Motors (wholesalers for Maruti) in Ministers Road(?).
Old 8th November 2010, 16:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

What are the spares that one should stock as part of a personal inventory for the car that may go sparse in future?
Old 9th November 2010, 08:02   #57
BHPian

Nothing really. Every manufacturer is required by law to sell spares for the next ten years after discontinuing a model. Baleno was sold in good numbers so parts should no be an issue. Only not fast moving parts might take some time to order.
Old 9th November 2010, 09:10   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Me planning to get some important parts & stock it. Never know the availability of few items in future.
As already stated here, spares will be available at least until 2016 with Maruti. So please don't start hoarding and creating an artificial shortage!
Old 10th November 2010, 17:44   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I faced the same problem. Got it fixed thru a local guy (mumbai) - parts + labor cost me 1.5k. It's been 4 months - no complaints!
Old 10th November 2010, 18:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
As already stated here, spares will be available at least until 2016 with Maruti. So please don't start hoarding and creating an artificial shortage!

Is the supply so low that there will be a shortage if a handful of owners stock up on some spares?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks