Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2011, 11:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Yeah i have seen window motors, mirror motors etc getting reparied for like peanuts. You need to look out for the people who repair them in your city.
Old 19th March 2011, 12:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Not entirely sure about this, but I'm told that the WagonR 'starter motor' (4.5Kish) can be used instead of the Baleno OE (15K+).

Btw, any alternatives to the 11K SGP power window motors? Can the window motor be repaired?
You can get aftermarket power windows fitted in place of OE. These will be around 3-5K depending on the brand.

Couple of years back, my friend's baleno had a problem. The pipe leading to the radiator from the coolant tank was broken right at the tip of the radiator cap. So a replacement pipe would not have worked. We took it to MASS and asked them to have a look at it. At first the service advisor said just replace the radiator. My friend put his foot down and asked for an alternative solution as he was not willing to replace a good radiator just because a piece of plastic broke. A mechanic who was witnessing the entire episode suggested we could try using M-seal to hold the broken part and set to work. He did not guarantee it would work as the heat might not allow it to set properly. He attached the broken pipe to the radiator housing and applied m-seal around it. It worked like a charm. We paid 100Rs to the service centre and 100Rs to the mechanic. Saved atleast 4K. My friend is still driving around with this jugaad for more than 2 years now.
Goes to show how little ingenuity could save serious bucks. But do not attempt these things for crucial components.

Last edited by speedmiester : 19th March 2011 at 12:24.
Old 19th March 2011, 13:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
Does anyone know the cost of the clutch assembly for the Baleno?

I checked with Bimal Auto, Bangalore and they quoted Rs. 9000 including labor. I remember reading a much lower value elsewhere on this forum. Could it be that I confused the clutch plates/pressure plates with the assembly? What else is part of the clutch assembly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From what I can recall it was close to 6k or so and not more than that. Why don't you check with other dealers in town ?
I checked couple of weeks or a month back and they told 6.5k. This i got from Mandovi
motors.
Old 19th March 2011, 14:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
I checked couple of weeks or a month back and they told 6.5k. This i got from Mandovi
motors.
i got the baleno clutchplate, pressure plate, cable and bearing changed from MASS for around 6.5k (Including labour ) around 6 months ago.
Old 19th March 2011, 19:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
i got the baleno clutchplate, pressure plate, cable and bearing changed from MASS for around 6.5k (Including labour ) around 6 months ago.
Exactly, this is the same thing they told.
Old 19th March 2011, 22:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Exactly, this is the same thing they told.
You get a LOT of aftermarket options for under 3k! And some are better that sgp as well!
Old 20th March 2011, 18:03   #82
dww

@ rjstyles69 , Unknownsatan, Reality: Thanks. I will check with other service centers like Mandovi. I don't know why Bimal quoted so high. Maybe the service representative I spoke to didn't know the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
You get a LOT of aftermarket options for under 3k! And some are better that sgp as well!
Where did you see these? Can anyone shed light on the quality of such options?
Old 6th September 2011, 15:48   #83
BHPian

Recently changed suspension ball joints

Euro Mac brand -Rs 900 for a pair(Lintern make cost Rs 731 for a pair)
Tie rod (Talbros) -Rs 470 for a pair (Same as for esteem/maruti 1000)

I need to replace power window beading, original is Rs 4000+. Has any one tried aftermarket options? I also need the aftermarket options for front struts and their pricing.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:59   #84
BHPian

"Lucky Auto Parts" in Hyderabad

Hey Guys. I drive a 2004 baleno and absolutely love the car. Recently i've been replacing a few parts and try my best to use genuine SGP parts. Now, there are a few times that i haven't got the required parts at the Maruti dealer. After enquiring around, a lot of people suggested "Lucky auto parts" based on Minister Road, Secunderabad.

Quite surprisingly, he stocks a lot of parts. I've got Engine mounts, Front suspensions, etc. BUT they're not SGP. These are some indian make but they do serve the purpose. Prices are unbeatable!!

Now, how many of you have bought parts from here and what has your experience been so far? I want to know how reliable these parts are. I'm OK buying parts from Lucky since the Maruti dealers also have directed me to him.

Any advice / feedback is highly appreciated.
FJhustler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 22:47   #85
BHPian

I would never use non-Sgp-Mgp parts for critical parts
Old 15th September 2011, 23:07   #86
BHPian

Re: "Lucky Auto Parts" in Hyderabad

Absolutely not worth buying it even if it is MGP if this person is not authorized by maruti to sell them. I wouldnt mind getting parts like breaklight assembly, headlight assembly, monogram, door pads, plastics, orvms etc but as filcord said, nothing important would go in like engine mounts, suspensions etc.
Old 16th September 2011, 00:01   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJhustler View Post
After enquiring around, a lot of people suggested "Lucky auto parts" based on Minister Road, Secunderabad.

Quite surprisingly, he stocks a lot of parts.
Hi FJhustler. Do they sell parts for only maruthi vehicles or they sell for other vehicles also? Do they sell accessories also?
Old 16th September 2011, 10:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Absolutely not worth buying it even if it is MGP if this person is not authorized by maruti to sell them. I wouldnt mind getting parts like breaklight assembly, headlight assembly, monogram, door pads, plastics, orvms etc but as filcord said, nothing important would go in like engine mounts, suspensions etc.
He is authorised to sell by Maruti and like i mentioned earlier, the Maruti workshop people themselves have recommended him. (which is quite strange).To quote an example here, i visited RM Motors which is a few shops away from Lucky. Turns out that they also asked me to buy parts from him. When i checked on reliability of the products with them, they gave a thumbs up!! Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Hi FJhustler. Do they sell parts for only maruthi vehicles or they sell for other vehicles also? Do they sell accessories also?

Hey..They sell spares for all vehiicles. While i was there, he also was giving parts for a Daewoo Matiz!!

They have 3 floors only of spare parts of cars. But again, my concern here is the reliability of these parts. That's why i wanted to check with people who have had any good or bad experiences with them.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

P.S. Please read the forum rules at the earliest. Link.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th September 2011 at 14:56. Reason: posts merged
Old 16th September 2011, 12:21   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJhustler View Post
He is authorised to sell by Maruti and like i mentioned earlier, the Maruti workshop people themselves have recommended him. (which is quite strange).To quote an example here, i visited RM Motors which is a few shops away from Lucky. Turns out that they also asked me to buy parts from him. When i checked on reliability of the products with them, they gave a thumbs up!! Strange.
Call Maruti and check with them -1800 1800 180. I dont have first hand experience with these people but if they give a genuine bill with VAT paid and offer a warranty, you could be reasonably sure they are ok. However, I still wouldnt put critical parts unless maruti (corporate) themself told me they were authorized to deal with them.

It is very easy to get the boxes and packaging to put the spurious parts in. Also, these could be genuinely manufactured by the OEM for these parts but not come via maruti. Which could mean they were Quality rejects as well. not worth risking for critical parts.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 15:06   #90
BHPian

I had to replace the back side of the right outer rear view mirror. (it's black in colour) for my Swift.

Someone suggested this Shop and told me that I should get it for 100 rs. When I went there the owners showed me few not so good pieces and asked for 200 or 300 Rs and I did not like the way they treated the customers.

The shop does very well I think and so the carefree attitude towards small time customers. Luckily for me they did not have normal VXI ORVM caps as it comes in Black and they had all coloured ones.

Finally got one for Rs 70 in Varun motors during regular servicing.
So the shop might have all sorts of parts but they are far from customer friendly.

Last edited by BheemBoy : 16th September 2011 at 15:07. Reason: correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks