Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 20:34   #91
BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

@Lucky auto parts, he is horrible in parts quality. Worst of all for few bugs i dont feel its worth going to him the way he treats customers, he treats them as though he is doing a favor selling, and also just try once going and getting a part exchanged, you would actually see his right side. He would say after market parts are like this and he would move to the next guy.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:07   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
@Lucky auto parts, he is horrible in parts quality. Worst of all for few bugs i dont feel its worth going to him the way he treats customers, he treats them as though he is doing a favor selling, and also just try once going and getting a part exchanged, you would actually see his right side. He would say after market parts are like this and he would move to the next guy.
I agree to the fact that spare parts shop owners need to be friendly also with customers. There were some shops in Kochi, which were like 'some' govt offices. They don't even look at you. Still, I used to go there and buy items since the items were guaranteed to be original or of the best available quality. But, I am not sure whether they are still there or they sell maruti baleno parts. One of the above mentioned shops was in the Ernakulam MG road somewhere near Padma, they were selling contessa, ambassador, padmini parts etc.. It was on the right side when you go from Madhava Pharmacy Jn to Pallimukku. They used to close the shutters for lunch even on face of a customer who came to buy some parts. The customer will have to wait for another hour for the shutter to open. Still, I used to get very good parts, also very well packed. The name of the shop I am trying to remember...

Last edited by KMohanan : 19th September 2011 at 20:10.
Old 20th September 2011, 01:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Last week went to buy ignition coils to try isolate the vibration problem in my car., I was given lucas brand of wagonR. i am told alto, wagonR and baleno share the same model. it worked but the problem i have still exist. have a brand new set spare with me. the SGP item is denso brand. these lucas cost me 1500 each. i am not aware what MASS charges for baleno ignition coils.

Hey gigi..Ignition coils from Maruti costs 1500. (Box on price Rs: 1847).
For the vibration, you should check your Engine Mounts. Worn out ones are known to cause this problem.
Old 6th November 2011, 03:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

If bought in the US and carried back to India, power window assemblies in Amazon are quite cheap. These look like OE replacements. Approx $134 each for the rears and $62 for the fronts.

Does Maruti charge the same 11K price for all 4 assemblies?

Amazon.com: VDO WL44098 Suzuki Esteem Rear Window Motor with Regulator: Automotive

Amazon.com: VDO WL44099 Suzuki Esteem Rear Window Motor with Regulator: Automotive

Amazon.com: VDO WL41984 Suzuki Esteem Front Left Window Motor with Regulator: Automotive

Amazon.com: VDO WL41985 Suzuki Esteem Front Right Window Motor with Regulator: Automotive

Last edited by shuvc : 6th November 2011 at 03:55.
Old 27th November 2011, 18:11   #95
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how Maruti/Suzuki achieved profit on the Baleno, if one was built using the spares alone? Wouldn't it would have cost more than the car itself?

I have been quoted 4k for the muffler from MASS, and moreover they tell that the spare is not available!

Wondering if the half engine treatment is available for the Baleno too? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ease-help.html.
Old 27th November 2011, 18:43   #96
BHPian

What money the lost on the car, they are cutting their losses with the high price of the spare
Old 15th December 2011, 14:21   #97
BHPian

anyone changed power steering belt, timing belt and cam position sensor recently? What is the approximate cost of these.

Is it OK to get them replaced outside MASS?
Old 15th December 2011, 15:11   #98
Senior - BHPian

I am on the look out for rear power window, power antenna and muffler for my 2005 Baleno Vxi. Any help?
Old 17th December 2011, 12:22   #99
BHPian

any options for power steering crank pulley for baleno , original is costing Rs 4187
Old 17th December 2011, 21:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
anyone changed power steering belt, timing belt and cam position sensor recently? What is the approximate cost of these.

Is it OK to get them replaced outside MASS?
I have changed the timing belt of my Baleno 2005 Dec VXi at 96,000 kms. I got it done from MASS M/s Popular Vehicles and Services Limited, Ankamaly on 07 Novembr, 2011.

Timing Belt Part No. 11407-71C00 Cost. Rs. 1433.07 + Taxes.

I recommend only MASS, since they are very critical items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am on the look out for rear power window, power antenna and muffler for my 2005 Baleno Vxi. Any help?
Mine is 2005 Dec Baleno VXi and it came with rear power windows also !
Do you mean to replace the existing rear power window ? I think, it costs around 8 K each. My rear power window cable has broken. MASS told that they do not do any cable replacement and therefore the whole unit has to be replaced. each costs around 8 K, i remember.
I found from Team-BHP that some members got the cable replaced at Mumbai, near Milan Subway,Opposite to Prakash Auto Stores in one gally for around Rs. 600. I am planning to try that first.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 21:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJhustler View Post
Hey gigi..Ignition coils from Maruti costs 1500. (Box on price Rs: 1847).
For the vibration, you should check your Engine Mounts. Worn out ones are known to cause this problem.
I changed both the ignition coils of my baleno at 98,000 kms on 12 Dec 2011. Cost RS. 1500 each, total Rs. 3000.

The car was smooth in petrol, but not smooth on LPG. That's why I changed. Now, it is ultra smooth on both petrol and LPG. I changed the cord set of the ignition coil also. Cost approx 530 per set of two.

All the spark plugs, I had changed to new NGK iridiums last month. So, my complete set is new now.
Old 17th December 2011, 21:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
any options for power steering crank pulley for baleno , original is costing Rs 4187
luckily got one at chandigarh auto market @ Rs 1750!
Old 17th December 2011, 22:12   #103
BHPian

I had to replace the rear wheel bearing on my Baleno, the SGP part from Maruti costs 6500 as per the MASS and 6100 as per the Maruti parts distributor. Both did not have it ready and would take about 5 days.
I got the wheel bearing HUB from JK Automobiles in JC Road Bangalore. He gave me NTN make who are the OE suppliers for Suzuki. On replacement I checked the old part and it was NTN the part is NTN HUB 254 (engraved on the bearing).

Parts and cost
Rear wheel bearing hub - 2310
Accerator cable - 240
Clutch cable (MGP) - 240

Labour to fit all these Rs 450/-
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 00:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I think, it costs around 8 K each. My rear power window cable has broken. MASS told that they do not do any cable replacement and therefore the whole unit has to be replaced. each costs around 8 K, i remember.
Exactly what my MASS told. For the last service, I gave it outside MASS, for changing the frequently getting kaput lower arm to non-OEM Rane make. Then they permanently pulled up the window to a fixed position, so that you cannot open the window.

Do you intend to fix your power window from Mumbai?
Old 18th December 2011, 11:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Exactly what my MASS told. For the last service, I gave it outside MASS, for changing the frequently getting kaput lower arm to non-OEM Rane make. Then they permanently pulled up the window to a fixed position, so that you cannot open the window.

Do you intend to fix your power window from Mumbai?
Right now, I am not operating my rear right window. It is permanently closed by lifting it up from inside the door pad. But, thanks to our bad roads, the glass slowly slipped down through the channel to about half. When I manually lifted the glass, it closes fully, but not permanently staying there. In the too busy life where you can find time for such hobbies of your heart only in the midnight, simple solutions are needed to support you. I put 3-4 drops of 'quickfix' ONLY ON TOP EDGE OF THE GLASS and fixed it now. Now it is ok.

I have three options in front of me :
1. Change the power window assembly from MASS by spending 8K.
2. Try to get the cable replaced from Mumbai or some place like that.
3. Think of whether I can make the window manual. Since, 95% of the time I travel alone in the car and I use only with AC, whether the window is manual or powered do not affect me much. Even a 'quick fixed' window is also ok !!

My preference is in the order option 2, option 3, option 1.

I am likely to visit mumbai in January. That time, if time permits, I want to try option 1. Till that time, let it be 'quick fixed'.

Having manual window at rear is always good from safety point of view. As you know, there were many incidents of vehicles falling into water in kerala. Many deaths were also happening in such accidents, since the electric window will stop working once immersed in water. If manual, atleast the chances of the occupants able to open the window is more and likely to escape. So, option 3 is also not a bad idea, plus it saves few thousands for you..

Most Viewed