Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2017, 01:07   #271
BHPian

Re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Also, today I picked up these front brake pads from JK, 750/- for the set. Need to get them replaced. The present one is almost its end of life. The SGP quoted me 6500/- . Hoping these Delphi ones will do the job.

Attachment 1614244

I have another question guys. One thing is leading to the other. Now the ODO at 1.25L Kms, it looks like it is time for the timing belt replacement. I checked with JK automobiles on the same, and they have it which costs about 1K. And the make is "Gates". I was just wondering whether this brand is good enough for this critical component. SGP will definitely quote a whopping price. Anybody know about Gates?
Assuming originality and compatibility, Gates is to timing belts what Delphi/Bosch is to brake pads (read OEM supplier).
fighterace is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 08:26   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, today I picked up these front brake pads from JK, 750/- for the set. Need to get them replaced.
Got them into the car last day. Sejal automobiles, B'lore did a quick and good job with it.

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-img_20170302_175124179.jpg Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-img_20170302_175157849.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Part details of timing chain and tensioner-

Timing Belt
Part No: 11407-71C00(SGP)
Price: Rs.1614

Tensioner(Optional, but recommended)
Part No: 12810M71C22/33(MGP)
Price: Rs. 616
Ordered them at a nearby MGP distributor. And the price is exactly what you mentioned. Will be getting it in a day or two. Thanks again for that tip.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 14:27   #273
Senior - BHPian

So the door lock key comination of my baleno lxi is end of life. Any idea where a new lock set can be procured and the likely process? please
Tried with different keys already and they keep giving up soon. The car is 1.03 lakh on odo and no major issue apart from this. Have changed the rear shocks recently and also changed the window beading at nearly 4 k a pop.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th March 2017 at 18:38. Reason: typo, proce changed to process.
Old 4th March 2017, 17:40   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
So the door lock key comination of my baleno lxi is end of life. Any idea where a new lock set can be procured and the likely proce please
Tried with different keys already and they keep giving up soon. The car is 1.03 lakh on odo and no major issue apart from this. Have changed the rear shocks recently and also changed the window beading at nearly 4 k a pop.
What do you mean by door lock key combo? Are you talking about the key hole assembly on the driver door? You do not use remote central locking.? Pardon me if I am not getting it.
Old 4th March 2017, 18:38   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the door lock key comination of my baleno lxi is end of life. Any idea where a new lock set can be procured and the likely proce please
Kindly have a look at the image for part numbers. Your query wasn't clear so I am giving the part number of the entire combo which will include ignition, glove box, front two doors and boot.

If your car has immobiliser then you'll need the help of your dealer.

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-capture.jpg

Price

Format is Part No=Part Name=Cost

37103-65850-P4Z=LOCK SET (GRAY)=Rs. 9363
37103-65850-T01=LOCK SET(DARK GREY)=Rs. 10127

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

I mean the number 5 and 6 in your list the locks on the LHS and RHS doors
Old 4th March 2017, 23:54   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I mean the number 5 and 6 in your list the locks on the LHS and RHS doors
82200-61840=CYLINDER FR DOOR LOCK RIGHT=Rs.1404.5
82200-61870=CYLINDER FR DOOR LOCK LEFT= Rs. 1404.5

Two points I'd like to recommend

-Changing the RHS and LHS separately will result in two extra keys, so you'll have 3 in total.

-Kindly ask your MGP store if WagonR or some other model's lock will fit or not. IMO cylinder locks are almost same for older Marutis.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 11:28   #278
BHPian

Had a weird experience yesterday. Drove my '06 Baleno Lxi for about 10 Kms, no issues. I had to turn on the headlight since I was getting into an underground parking. I stalled once on a hump. Switched off the headlights, blower and cranked up again. I might have turned on the headlight just as the engine was coming to life, I dont know. But after that the lights wouldnt turn off. Turning the controls on the indicator stalks had no effect. It was switching between high and low, and when I turn the control to off, the interior lights would go off but the headlights stay on. Tried starting up several times but no changes. I drove home, got out the tool kit from my Unicorn and disconnected the battery. When the guys from Autoteam came to pick her up today morning, everything seemed OK! Reconnected the battery and started up as usual. Anyways they said they'll check it. Also asked them to fix a sound from the suspension and some random rattles.

Any ideas about this issue? I am planning on joining the TBHP Thekkady drive and I dont want to get stranded.
Old 10th March 2017, 17:43   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Had a weird experience yesterday. Drove my '06 Baleno Lxi for about 10 Kms, no issues. I had to turn on the headlight since I was getting into an underground parking. I stalled once on a hump. Switched off the headlights, blower and cranked up again. I might have turned on the headlight just as the engine was coming to life, I dont know. But after that the lights wouldnt turn off. Turning the controls on the indicator stalks had no effect. It was switching between high and low, and when I turn the control to off, the interior lights would go off but the headlights stay on. Tried starting up several times but no changes. I drove home, got out the tool kit from my Unicorn and disconnected the battery. When the guys from Autoteam came to pick her up today morning, everything seemed OK! Reconnected the battery and started up as usual. Anyways they said they'll check it. Also asked them to fix a sound from the suspension and some random rattles.

Any ideas about this issue? I am planning on joining the TBHP Thekkady drive and I dont want to get stranded.
I had the same issue for my '04 Baleno that the headlight never turned off one day. Did exactly the same thing of disconnecting the battery to put it off.

The problem identified to be that the Combination Switch Assmebly (the assembly under the steering that you use to turn on/off the headlight) is damaged internally. A possible short inside the mould which was un-repairable. The unit costs 9000/- (SGP). I decided to to not spend that, and disconnected the headlamp connection from that assembly and made a separate On/Off toggle switch on the dash panel.

This may or may not be your case. I am just letting know about my case. Since you say that your problem is resolved, you can be relieved for the time being.

Suspension rattles could be because of worn out lower arm bush. I am too living with thuds from the suspension when encountering pot holes for few years. Nothing like a breakdown will happen all of sudden. Check it up later on.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 10th March 2017 at 17:44.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 01:46   #280
BHPian

Quote:
But after that the lights wouldnt turn off. Turning the controls on the indicator stalks had no effect.
I drove home, got out the tool kit from my Unicorn and disconnected the battery.
Even though the problem has disappeared, it is better to check/replace the combination switch and the headlamp relays before setting out for the trip.

Since the problem has popped up once, it will surely pop up again, and according to what I have experienced, such problems will re-appear at the most unexpected places and situations.

A small point that I would like to add-
In such a situation, wouldn't it be easier to just remove the headlamp fuses from the fuse box, rather than dis-connecting the battery which disables the car completely?

You can find out from the owner's manual which are the 2 fuses for the headlights, in the fuse box.
Then just keep that in mind, and the next time the problem occurs, just pull out those 2 fuses,and that should put out the headlights.

That way, the car will still be alive and you can atleast use the remote locking.

Even next morning you can just drive off to office,without wasting time to re-connect battery or fuses.
Fuses need to be connected only by evening.

But after removing,just remember to keep the 2 fuses in the car and not in your pocket.
Otherwise, the next evening you will face the exact opposite problem too - Headlights won't turn on !
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 10:38   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any ideas about this issue?
If you are running with stock electrical set up, combination switch assembly could be the issue. If you are using higher wattage bulb with relay & harness, check the relay or have a spare relay handy to check when the issue pop-up next time.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 14:53   #282
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same issue for my '04 Baleno that the headlight never turned off one day. Did exactly the same thing of disconnecting the battery to put it off.

The problem identified to be that the Combination Switch Assmebly (the assembly under the steering that you use to turn on/off the headlight) is damaged internally.

Suspension rattles could be because of worn out lower arm bush. I am too living with thuds from the suspension when encountering pot holes for few years. Nothing like a breakdown will happen all of sudden. Check it up later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
You can find out from the owner's manual which are the 2 fuses for the headlights, in the fuse box.
Then just keep that in mind, and the next time the problem occurs, just pull out those 2 fuses,and that should put out the headlights.

That way, the car will still be alive and you can atleast use the remote locking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
If you are running with stock electrical set up, combination switch assembly could be the issue. If you are using higher wattage bulb with relay & harness, check the relay or have a spare relay handy to check when the issue pop-up next time.
Thanks guys for the quick response!

Yeah the problem was traced to a faulty relay. I had a higher power bulb so the relay for that had malfunctioned. AutoTeam did a good job isolating that issue. I was about to call them and ask them to check the relay when they called me! Replaced it. Running fine now.

I tried to remove the fuses but the couldn't read anything on the fuse box lid over all the grime. I tried removing one, but the interior lights went off and there were sparks. Quickly replaced the lid!

The lower arm was replaced. SGP was quoted at 16k and 3 to 4 weeks. I told them I want her ready by 23rd. They sourced one locally for 2.5k. Also fixed quite a few rattles, one from the door panel, one from inside the dashboard, one from the rear. They also gave the dash a wax polish!
Old 15th March 2017, 16:21   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lower arm was replaced. SGP was quoted at 16k and 3 to 4 weeks. I told them I want her ready by 23rd. They sourced one locally for 2.5k.:
Yes, SGP comes around that price. By a local one I hope you haven't compromised on the safety and performance. It would be better if it is an OEM brand, like TRW. TRW costs 3.5K. Was the lower arm the major cause of the rattle that you had?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 20:49   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also fixed quite a few rattles, one from the door panel, one from inside the dashboard, one from the rear.
Any information about the fix? I have similar issues (rattle from Front right door and rear) On the front I found the culprit being the window winding mechanism, not sure about the rear.
Old 16th March 2017, 09:19   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Any information about the fix? I have similar issues (rattle from Front right door and rear) On the front I found the culprit being the window winding mechanism, not sure about the rear.
The front one seemed to come from the locking mechanism. One of the clips holding the lock mechanism metal arms had come loose and was rattling away to glory. The one from the rear was due to the window winding mechanism. The rear left window motor has gone bust and they had sealed the window permanently. Something inside that was creating the ruckus. Fixed that with a whole lot of foam.

However one side effect of having all these rattles removed is that you can hear the squeaks from the body and suspension. Those are real wince-worthy sounds! Ouch!
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed