Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 15:17   #1

Who does the Best quality paint jobs in the country??

The paint job required is to change the colour from a 2003 sl500 from white to red. How much will the car be affected/loosened etc?? who has done such kind of jobs before??

Thanks
Old 24th July 2008, 16:53   #2
BHPian

Try Pandit & Co. In Okhla, New Delhi. Their paint quality is even better than factory paint jobs.
At least it seems so in all the cars I've seen from them.

And they are well equipped to handle such jobs too.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:18   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd suggest you pay a visit to AutoPsyche too. Look up his contact details in our tuner directory.

Quote:
How much will the car be affected/loosened etc?? who has done such kind of jobs before??
Of course it will be negatively affected. Factory build is factory build.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2008 at 19:19.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:25   #4
BHPian

I doubt will not find anyone in the country that will do better quality paint than the Mercedes factory.

Unless your SL is need of a repaint, I would not just paint it to change the color.

The other issue is when you change the color, there is a lot of disassembly needed to paint in the door jambs, trunk/boot lids, etc. It is a big job, and chances are that when a whole lot of body trim parts are taken off, the monkey that puts it back together won't do a good job. The SL is a really nice car, and I just would not trust any shop to start picking it apart for a paint job.
Old 24th July 2008, 21:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 995 View Post
The paint job required is to change the colour from a 2003 sl500 from white to red. How much will the car be affected/loosened etc?? who has done such kind of jobs before??

Thanks
Pandit is the place for you!! Recently saw a Hummer getting painted with them!! No other place to paint your Merc!!!
Old 24th July 2008, 23:05   #6
BHPian

with redmm. One can't beat a factory finish. However, autopsyche does have a good reputation in Delhi/Gurgaon especially for the paintjob. Have a word and take your call.

Cheers!
M2S
Old 24th July 2008, 23:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Honestly speaking, i wouldnt want to touch an SL500 unless its for a close friend or something.

995 i very strongly suggest you get it done from the Merc dealer itself. For only one reason, that they have access to al special tools and technical backup incase something physically/mechanically does go wrong. They will definitely be able to provide you the kind of finish you need too. And its a very serious advice really, stick to a merc dealer.

PS: On a side color note, i am currently painting my octavia to Aston Martin Tungsten Silver, im excited about that

Last edited by autopsyche : 24th July 2008 at 23:36.
Old 25th July 2008, 04:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
PS: On a side color note, i am currently painting my octavia to Aston Martin Tungsten Silver, im excited about that
Now your on your Octi and here i am(surely with a few others aswell) waiting eagerly for the GT with a new look.

.......... meant it in a humourous way!!!Please dont take offense.
Old 25th July 2008, 09:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Honestly speaking, i wouldnt want to touch an SL500 unless its for a close friend or something.

995 i very strongly suggest you get it done from the Merc dealer itself. For only one reason, that they have access to al special tools and technical backup incase something physically/mechanically does go wrong. They will definitely be able to provide you the kind of finish you need too. And its a very serious advice really, stick to a merc dealer.

I think even Pandit is capable enough of doing up the paint job. His work is exceptionally good. One has to see how each & every nut & bolt is removed & the paint done from sheetmetal up.

There are times when a fully painted car is re-done just because Mr. Pandit does not like the finish...anyway. Merc dealers should be option #1

Bole to ?? You are painting it (your Octy) in the dark silver grey ?? (the colour I keep ranting about) That should look nice

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th July 2008 at 09:48.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of course it will be negatively affected. Factory build is factory build.
Yup, completely agree. You'll wonder where some of the squeaks and rattles came from...lol! Very irritating and difficult to track/fix those.
Would suggest a Merc workshop to be on the safe side.
Old 25th July 2008, 21:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Agree with everyone who said to avoid the colour change. The refittment of doors will be one big problem..very hard to get them aligned as the original from factory.
Seen a lot of cars who have gone through colour changes and at least one door is not aligned right.
Old 27th July 2008, 15:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Agree with everyone who said to avoid the colour change. The refittment of doors will be one big problem..very hard to get them aligned as the original from factory.
Seen a lot of cars who have gone through colour changes and at least one door is not aligned right.

I got my car's colour changed twice - never had any issues with door alignment.

IMHO, If the job is entrusted to a "good workshop" I do not see that kind of problem cropping up.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks