Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 12:55   #76
BHPian

Appologies if my earlier post offended you but the intentions were otherwise and the sole purpose was query and inquisitiveness.

The relative size of the wheels(19") is probably making the disc look small, but i am sure they are the size of dish plates if they are bigger than 300mm.

Any other engine internal mods being planned?

Last edited by abhik : 26th September 2008 at 12:58.
Old 26th September 2008, 13:05   #77
BHPian

No apologies needed mate!
Just thought, 286mm..."ouch"..LOL!!
Yup they are huge..and thick as hell! I will try and get a comparo with the old disc.
Have the Cossie intake on and with trial and error..
1) Stock airbox runs very well, but there seems to be more potential
2) With the K&N FIPK, huge power loss above 3500RPM
3) With the K&N Apollo and snorkel/cold air, stutter above 400RPM
4) As above but without the cold air, pulls like a locomotive gone mad and slams the red line fuel cutoff in a flash!!! (really need to get rid of that)

Iridium plugs and 67mm Throttle body are the only other mods so far.
OBX Ceramic Headers and Cossie Cams on the way.
Oh i forgot to post a pic of the Angel eyes..
Old 26th September 2008, 14:05   #78
BHPian

Waiting for the Angel eyes pic. Try getting a day and a night shot.

Does'nt Cosworth provide a CAI solution or a recommended filter of a specific size for the Mondeo's application?

Waiting for the car to be complete, i know it is going to be a stonker of a performer and maybe to judge the same your could scout for a timing gear. Or better still get it dynoed after the mods are complete.

"As above but without the cold air, pulls like a locomotive gone mad and slams the red line fuel cutoff in a flash!!!" (really need to get rid of that)-Why? Sounds like what anybody would want!! Or am i missing something?

Last edited by abhik : 26th September 2008 at 14:08.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:12   #79
BHPian

Here is the pic of the Angel Eye(s). Was using the Camera on my phone so couldn't take one from a distance. Will do that tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Mods for Ford Mondeo-25092008082.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-26092008083.jpg  

Old 26th September 2008, 20:27   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post
67mm Throttle body are the only other mods so far.
Hi ap,
what aftermarket T.B you have & what was the stock T.B size? can we have a pic pls.

Thanks
Rocam
Old 26th September 2008, 20:30   #81
BHPian

AP10046,

(a) Nice looking wheels.
(b) Say hi to Reza and Lalith for me the next time you're at 4 Seasons!!

Quote:
My Mondeo..
OZ Superleggera's 19". Michelin PS2 235/35-19..awaiting 265/35-19.
Quad Remus Titaniums
K&N FIPK
Cosworth Intake
Cosworth Cams
Decat
OBX Headers

Plenty quick....
Old 26th September 2008, 20:39   #82
BHPian

Hi,
Stock Throttle Body is 54mm(?). The CFM Throttle Body is 67mm
Old 26th September 2008, 21:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, the Cosworth Intake is now on..sounds like a Can Am V8 on steroids!! I don't think its making too much power from the get up-go, the in gear roll ons are awesome though!! too much air and not enough fueling. Will be getting a remap done but there's only 1 company that has remapped a Cossie intake equipped Mk3. Apparently there are only 2 other Mk3's around with the Cossie intake fitted, and one is turbo-ed, both in the UK. Loads of mods done to fit it!
The CCFL Angel Eyes are on and they look spectacular and BRIGHT!
The Focus ST225 328mm discs and Brembo GT 4 pot calipers have arrived and will be fitted next week.
Cosworth Headers, 67mm Throttle body and Cams are on back-order... Watch this space..
Wow, that's a serious looking intake. With those short and fat runners looks like it will be a screamer but you might lose a ton of bottom end for city driveability. Did you get the one with internal trumpets (velocity stacks). As far as remaps, look around on the American Focus forums. Many people have used this intake on the 2.0 Zetec engined Focus.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wow, that's a serious looking intake. With those short and fat runners looks like it will be a screamer but you might lose a ton of bottom end for city driveability. Did you get the one with internal trumpets (velocity stacks). As far as remaps, look around on the American Focus forums. Many people have used this intake on the 2.0 Zetec engined Focus.
I Have actually been looking for the Remap for ages now. There is only 1 company that makes a remap for the Duratec 2.0 on the MONDEO. The ecu that is used on the mondy cannot be accessed by software, only specific hardware. The company, Dreamscience has made only 1, yes, 1 remap and that's on my friend Mick's car in the UK. It also costs about 500 quid!!
It does have the velocity stacks, i'll try and get you a picture I took before it went on. It sounds magnificent, to say the least..evil!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mods for Ford Mondeo-08092008067.jpg  

Old 27th September 2008, 00:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Have actually been looking for the Remap for ages now. There is only 1 company that makes a remap for the Duratec 2.0 on the MONDEO. The ecu that is used on the mondy cannot be accessed by software, only specific hardware. The company, Dreamscience has made only 1, yes, 1 remap and that's on my friend Mick's car in the UK. It also costs about 500 quid!!
It does have the velocity stacks, i'll try and get you a picture I took before it went on. It sounds magnificent, to say the least..evil!!!
yes I can see the trumpets, are they like plastic inserts? wonder how its assembled, must be thru the cover. Having a removable cover on the plenum is a great idea.

Does the Mondeo have an air flow meter? If not, then wow, you must be running seriously lean esp at high rpms.
It might be best to trash your stock ECU and get a different one....you will end with paying the same as getting a high-dollar remap that may or may not suit your cam/intake/header combo.
Although I am by no means a Ford expert, I am pretty sure that the Focus ECU work just fine or you can get something like a Megasquirt ECU (with base map) which will let you play around with different cal values.

In the meantime, I guess you can install an FPR (if U havent already)to richen the mixture and let you engine quench its thrist till you figure out your ECU vs remap issues.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th September 2008 at 00:56.
Old 27th September 2008, 01:44   #86
BHPian

There is a company called Superchips Bluefin which is actually a very good product for the mondeo,it is actually not a remap but it plugs into the OBD2 port and it does the rest,supposedly raises the rev limiter too.
I dont why your modeo is having problems with a Kand N conical filter,cause mine just flies with it,might be cause of the maf sensor,and dont forgot to call once you are in bandra,chao
Old 27th September 2008, 08:46   #87
BANNED

Quote:
286mm?????
FYI,
The stock Mondeo front discs are 300mm. The rears are 280mm.
the Rims are 19" OZ Superleggeras.
Also, we had put on the rim to make sure the caliper wasn't touching the spokes, therefore the 2 lugs.
Hi,

My bad they just looked too small in comparison to the rims.

Viper
Old 27th September 2008, 09:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
yes I can see the trumpets, are they like plastic inserts? wonder how its assembled, must be thru the cover. Having a removable cover on the plenum is a great idea.

Does the Mondeo have an air flow meter? If not, then wow, you must be running seriously lean esp at high rpms.
It might be best to trash your stock ECU and get a different one....you will end with paying the same as getting a high-dollar remap that may or may not suit your cam/intake/header combo.
Although I am by no means a Ford expert, I am pretty sure that the Focus ECU work just fine or you can get something like a Megasquirt ECU (with base map) which will let you play around with different cal values.

In the meantime, I guess you can install an FPR (if U havent already)to richen the mixture and let you engine quench its thrist till you figure out your ECU vs remap issues.
That's the problem with the Mondeo and why its so difficult to mod it, unlike the focus where there are literally malls of stuff waiting to be slapped on..
Even though the Duratecs, on the 2 and 2.3 litre are almost identical, its the smallest things like the MAF on the Focus, aint going to fitthe Mondeo no matter what and if you manage, the ECU spits it out in an error code..trust me I have banged my head on many a wall here..LOL!! You unfortunately cannot swap the Mondeo's ECU.
Was thinking very strongly about the FPR, but whatseems to have actually smoothened things out is going back to my stock TB. It made a difference for the better.
The Mondeo does have an AFM, 2 actually. One on the top of the header and one just behind the cat, which I don't have anymore.

The ENTIRE Cossie manifold is all metal, not even a piece of plastic on that one. I was studying it before putting it on and I feel its like 3 pieces that are aluminum welded together..the plenum, the runners and the actual manifold...I could be wrong and maybe its just sand cast??

I had the Superchips Bluefin for a while and it was ok, it really didnt do anything for her with the manifold. It was sold on ebay last week!

Viper-I know exactly what you mean..when they were on I told Lalit maybe I should have gone for the 360mm's..he almost hung me, so we left it at that!! You should have seen how tiny the stock ones looked then, I thought I was driving backwards!!!
Old 27th September 2008, 09:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1xlr8 View Post
There is a company called Superchips Bluefin which is actually a very good product for the mondeo,it is actually not a remap but it plugs into the OBD2 port and it does the rest,supposedly raises the rev limiter too.
I dont why your modeo is having problems with a Kand N conical filter,cause mine just flies with it,might be cause of the maf sensor,and dont forgot to call once you are in bandra,chao
Oh, don't get me wrong..she drove VERY well with the conical on..its just after the Cossie went on, it didn't work as well.
The Bluefin is more a placebo IMHO. I used it for a year and it was strictly OK.
Areez
Old 29th September 2008, 13:07   #90
BHPian

Can we have some more pics of the mondeo from the side?

Have you the lowered the stock suspension?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks