Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 12:11   #1
BHPian

Mods for Ford Mondeo

hi guys, this is my mondeo.
its got headers, apollo K&N filters and 18" zeus alloys with dunlop 225 - 40 profile tyres and wing spoilers.

further plans:
1.want the headlights and tail lamps to coat black... but dont know who does it best in bangalore

2.Body kit .... again dont know where to procure it from? i know mondeo kits are popular in the UK but got no one there who can import it for me

3.turbo.... costs and fitment????? it does 210+ kmph top speed. pretty quickly reaches 190 to 200kmph... this drastic change has been after the headers by Samynathan my rally car tuner in coimbatore. i dont know if i should go for the turbo

i know there are very sound gurus here among us bhpians would appriciate if any one could give leads on where to find the above mentioned, thanx cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Mods for Ford Mondeo-11072008308.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-18072008336.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-18072008339.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-18072008338.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-18072008337.jpg  

Mods for Ford Mondeo-17072008328.jpg  

Old 25th July 2008, 12:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude, that is one HOT looking mondeo. looks simple but hot. how about some under hood pictures please
Old 25th July 2008, 12:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please remove the spoiler.... the mondeo is so classy why do u want to give it the racerboy look? Just add a bodykit and a little bit of lowering if possible, the wheels are looking very nice in combination.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Please remove the spoiler.... the mondeo is so classy why do u want to give it the racerboy look? Just add a bodykit and a little bit of lowering if possible, the wheels are looking very nice in combination.
. I love the smooth flowing lines of the mondeo. Very simple and subtle looking machine. Gotta love those xenon's too.

IMO a lip spoiler would look better.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:44   #5
BHPian

Nice car.

I do not recommend a turbo, unless you want this car to be a project vehicle or strictly a weekend racer.

A turbo fitup is complicated and will require extensive modifications to the engine and electronics. This is especially true for petrol vehicles.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:46   #6
BANNED

First suggestion,, find the biggest gutter you can find in Bangalore and send the spoiler flying right into it!

Also, IMO please get rid of the Playstation plate and revert to older number plates.

These 2 should bring back the classy lines.Wheels sure look HOT!

Best Mondeo I have see to date,Cheers.

On a side note,, please post pictures of the interiors. Never had a chance to admire this piece of beauty, also maybe under the hood!

Last edited by vittalnrv : 25th July 2008 at 12:48.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:50   #7
BHPian

Thats one hot looking mondeo minus the spoiler and the number plate. Amazing colour combo on the alloys.

How much of a difference do the headers make to the overall driveability of the car, has the top end performance increased?

Why dont you look at the ST220 body kit used on the UK mondeos?
Old 25th July 2008, 13:04   #8
BHPian

That's a very good looking Mondeo, could do without the spoiler though. I don't think going for a Turbo and bodykit is a good idea.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

A complete sleeper with those subtle looks.Rid the car of the spoiler and that funny looking play-station/raceday thingy and you have a brilliant car at your disposal.

Good luck and drive safe.
Old 25th July 2008, 14:29   #10
BHPian

Hi
I completely agree with all the members, Pl remove the spoiler it takes away the class of MONDEO completely
Mags ROCK

rgds
Old 25th July 2008, 14:48   #11
BHPian

Dude, is this car in Bangalore?

1> Headlights and tail lamps just leave it as it is for now.

2> Body kit best to source it from outside as lot of after market cool looking kits are available.

3> First get used the car, and then you can get a turbo or a supercharger done later. Because it’s like a complete different set whole to getting and it’s not advisable to get it done initially till you get to know the car.

Regarding the header how is the sound? If you are in Bangalore ask any enthusiast about Arjun Gowda’s Mondeo sound its one of the best. If his car was coming about 200 Ft far you could have listened to the humming sound. I don’t know whether it was an after market or a custom made.

Mondeo is a international model if not in India, you can get the parts from outside and even some cool looking accessories. Please take off the spoiler and try to get an OE version of it as it looks good.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Lose the spoiler, stickers & the silly number plates (especially the one at the rear!) and you've got a very good looking Mondeo!
Old 25th July 2008, 17:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Lose the spoiler, stickers & the silly number plates (especially the one at the rear!) and you've got a very good looking Mondeo!
Like everone else mentioned, lose the spoiler and the playstation number plate. Otherwise you have one of the nicest mondeo's i've ever come across. get the headlights blacked out or try angel eyes . also i guess it would look nice if you could add a subtle side skirts(maybe black) to go along with those awsome wheels to keep the lines flowing . About the turbo, i guess unless you are looking at drag racing often or have the addiction to push your ride beyond normal limits dont even think about it. The mondeo already has enuf grunt to appease a normal driver's apetitie. Also if you are not into drag races and stuff then i dont think you will find a decent road where you can put the turbo to full use regularly. Anywz its a personal choice. If you want it then go for it. Once you get it then you will defenitely find reasons and ways to use it. But drive safe .
Old 25th July 2008, 19:49   #14
BHPian

guys thanx a million for your suggestions......

turbo is now out of question, yes this car is in bangalore.. j.p.nagar, i bought it from chennai thru TEAM BHP.com 2 years ago and about the PLATES the reason why its that way is because i found it a little uncomfortable to drive a TN registered car in bangalore. the small IND plates and the playstation & raceday stickers just ward off the vision onto the stickers

little reluctant to remove the spoiler..... i feel with the spoiler it looks more like a touring car... but will make up my mind

and guys where can i source the body kit from?????

i will also post snaps of the car interiors

@R.P.M there has been a lot of difference after the headers job... torque has increased greatly.... what about the st220 kit man?
Old 25th July 2008, 22:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thats a hot cooling car, turbo will give you higher top and pick up... so you should to it. I think this engine can go upto 350 bhp, and there are kits available in UK.Also the body kit will be good to pick up from Europe as these cars are used for tunning there.and there are many kits in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks