Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 18:26   #1
BHPian

Chrome kit for sx4

Hi Guys,

I've been closely observing some of the higher segment cars - like say the Jetta or Corolla/Accord etc. and one common thing I've noticed across them is that they seem to have some chrome detailing across the car - like a strip running around entire windows/door, door handles and sometimes even on the side of the door..

Is there a way to get these fitted after market? I think they give the car a really cool look!

I've searched the forum but only chrome discussion seems to revolve around the alloys.

All pointers in this direction are appreciated

Thanks!
Old 27th July 2008, 19:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Some lower segment cars also do have these chrome strips around the windows like the old baleno, city etc.

I think an aftermarket fitment wouldnt really look good on the new baleno.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:21   #3
BHPian

true but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Some lower segment cars also do have these chrome strips around the windows like the old baleno, city etc.

I guess I'm looking for something that can give a great finish and a high quality strip.

I do remember now that yes the Baleno did have those. Although they weren't as nice and shiny as the new ones are
Old 29th July 2008, 09:50   #4
BHPian

Anyone? please advise! Thanks
Old 29th July 2008, 12:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

In my Lancer, I took the plastic trims around the AC vents, switches etc and had them painted in a chrome/silver colour. Finish is pretty nice. Take a look at my gallery for a picture. The plastic needs to be sanded, then painted using a glossy finish paint (2 coats I think) to give a chrome-like effect.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Does any one tried putting bumper guards on the corner MGA has only one type which can be fitted in every model. Does not look good on SX4
Old 19th August 2008, 22:31   #7
BHPian

I too enquired about this, however the dealer told that it will come off and you have to do it often, similar to the bumper guard which may fall off after some time. So I didn't go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgyan View Post
I guess I'm looking for something that can give a great finish and a high quality strip.

I do remember now that yes the Baleno did have those. Although they weren't as nice and shiny as the new ones are
Old 20th August 2008, 08:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I too enquired about this, however the dealer told that it will come off and you have to do it often, similar to the bumper guard which may fall off after some time. So I didn't go for it.
Not sure about MGA part but for my Getz it is there from last 1.5 yrs. Is local is advisable they are available in 600 bucks made in Korea etc
Old 20th August 2008, 17:48   #9
BHPian

I am not sure whether local is good or not, I heard the comment from the local dealer only, so I didn't go for it.
Old 20th August 2008, 18:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

im sure good after market strips are available. i have seen myself some good chrome insert bumper strips on many NHCs
Old 20th October 2008, 01:22   #11
BHPian

i used some chrome strips in my car. they are of no use as they come out after sometime so i wont suggest going for them.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:23   #12

sx4 grill & bumper plastics change to silver?

Hi guyz, Im plannin to change the sx4 dull black front grill to a metallic silver one, Also all the other bumper plastics viz the fog lamp area etc., to a metallic siver finish....
any Advise how is the idea/.... anyone who has done any such small mods in sx4...
Please respond.....
thanks in advance.........

Mod's Note: Please do not open threads for every small query. Most of the regular queries have been posted and answered in the past. You have been provided with a search functionality at the top bar. Use it to find a related thread that is the nearest match and post your query in such a thread.

Thread merged.
Old 20th November 2011, 15:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chrome kit for sx4

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
In my Lancer, I took the plastic trims around the AC vents, switches etc and had them painted in a chrome/silver colour. Finish is pretty nice. Take a look at my gallery for a picture. The plastic needs to be sanded, then painted using a glossy finish paint (2 coats I think) to give a chrome-like effect.

1. Hi friends, has anybody done the above for the plastic strips on their doors ?

2. Also, how long do the aftermarket chrome finished scratch guards at the fender corners last ?

3. Are door visors / rain guards available in chrome finish ?

Any pics / links would be appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks