Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 23:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Airbrushed Santro Xing

This is the first santro xing to be airbrushed and the engine is done by oVaBoosT performance unleashed.
Attached Thumbnails
Airbrushed Santro Xing-17062008017.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-100_0994.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-16062008003.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-16062008004.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-17062008016.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-16062008007.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-16062008005.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 09:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

S2, mmmmmm... looks good.

Won;t it look even more nice if you removed the vinyl flowery stickers and just went for the lightning look?

Also buddy, you need better footwear for your car now (hehehe..., that's what happens when you post on t-bhp. folks suggest you to send more and more. :-))

Overall, nice looking car. looks like you love it..
Old 28th July 2008, 10:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Am not a fan of stickering/decals on cars, so not commenting on them, but what i can say is that the pipe for the filter is a little too close to the engine, i'm sure the car is getting only hot air.

P.S: What on earth is a BAR exhaust??
Old 28th July 2008, 10:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
the pipe for the filter is a little too close to the engine, i'm sure the car is getting only hot air.
Yes. this car is for sure sucking in hot air. Don't know WHY people agree to torture their engines
Old 28th July 2008, 10:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Decals : Lightening effect looks better alone. See the difference in first two pictures.

Piping: Was straight line design adopted to avoid complexities? Currently, air filter is too close to engine area. It should be brought closer to front of bonnet similar to inlet of original air filter pipe assembly.

Tyres & Wheels: Alloys looks good. Front tyres show good tread depth on shoulders, rear tyres look slightly worn out. If you are still running 155/70R13, it's better to upgrade to 165/65R13 or higher for enhanced grip & handling.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

the vinyl you are talking about is airbrushed by hand. If you see it properly its a dragon and not a flowery design, as well as the footwear is concerned i shall get better one's thanks for the advice i shall surely look into it. tried the lightning look alone it did not suit the car.need to see this car on road to actually see how it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
S2, mmmmmm... looks good.

Won;t it look even more nice if you removed the vinyl flowery stickers and just went for the lightning look?

Also buddy, you need better footwear for your car now (hehehe..., that's what happens when you post on t-bhp. folks suggest you to send more and more. :-))

Overall, nice looking car. looks like you love it..
Old 28th July 2008, 13:52   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

S2 some long shots of the car in day light please

and those meters work ? what all are they ?
Old 28th July 2008, 14:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

yes your right, the straight line design was adopted to avoid complexities.
the car flys across the roads now but does not pull in hot air at all, regular engine checkup's are done because i treat this car like my baby. the tyres on the rear look worn out because this picture was taken after both my rear tyres were punctured by someone who has his eye's on my car by two iron rods that's why the car is kept under tight security now. i would suggest that all santro xing owner's change their spark plugs because i have seen a great improvement in the pickup as well as my mileage is concerned. NGK iridum plugs. cost around Rs.3100 and again this car we can see the difference in the pictures because of day and night and mostly the cell phone camera. i shall bring this air pipe suggestion to my tuner and get back with you. thanking you for your suggestion and comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Decals : Lightening effect looks better alone. See the difference in first two pictures.

Piping: Was straight line design adopted to avoid complexities? Currently, air filter is too close to engine area. It should be brought closer to front of bonnet similar to inlet of original air filter pipe assembly.

Tyres & Wheels: Alloys looks good. Front tyres show good tread depth on shoulders, rear tyres look slightly worn out. If you are still running 155/70R13, it's better to upgrade to 165/65R13 or higher for enhanced grip & handling.
Old 28th July 2008, 14:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

i shall put up more pictures in the day and the meters are:
  1. vaccum
  2. air fuel
  3. rpm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
S2 some long shots of the car in day light please

and those meters work ? what all are they ?
Old 28th July 2008, 15:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

these are a few more pictures in day as asked for before but without any tyres or alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Airbrushed Santro Xing-getattachment1.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-getattachment2.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-getattachment3.jpg  

Airbrushed Santro Xing-getattachment4.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 16:41   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
yes your right, the straight line design was adopted to avoid complexities.
the car flys across the roads now but does not pull in hot air at all, regular engine checkup's are done because i treat this car like my baby.
S2, your filter DOES SUCK IN HOT AIR -- contrary to whoever has advised/told you otherwise.

can believe that your car flies, but it will fly still higher if you get your filter install correct.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I know it is an old post, but was searching for some info on Santro's and could not help write this.

You said that you felt "great" improvement in pickup and mileage just by installing iridium plugs and that too for 3100. Sorry to say, but I feel it is an improvement only in psychological thought, as iridium plugs have literally little or no effect on an almost stock car. Many people actually go in for this plugs without the least bit of understanding their use. For the plugs to actually have an impact, there should have been significant mods to the engine and is recommended later in stage two mods or in stage three.

I remember, a guy once wrote to an automag saying he had drilled holes in the silencer of his pulsar and he felt great increase in power and what not. So, he was asking the editor of the mag if it would affect his mileage. For one, the editor truly enjoyed writing what he wrote ;-)

Anyway, peace pal, i like the lightning bolts. Any recent pics of your ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks