Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:55   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Synthetic Oil in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Bimal MASS Mahadevpura still uses Mobil1 FS oil.
May be they are having some stock. This time I got it from Kalyani MASS - Bannerghatta Road.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yes Bimal Mahadevpura have switched over to Castrol, I have given my Swift for servicing today.

However upon my request they are going to put Mobil 1 engine oil on my Car. I am from an OEM and in touch with Mobil reps as part of my job. However we use Mobil Industrial oils for our requirement.
Old 15th December 2013, 22:08   #48
BHPian

What is the best synthetic oil for Palio Stile 1.1 Petrol? Where can I buy it from in Bangalore?

My car has done about 29K kms till now, and it will be the first time synthetic oil will be used.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
What is the best synthetic oil for Palio Stile 1.1 Petrol? Where can I buy it from in Bangalore?

My car has done about 29K kms till now, and it will be the first time synthetic oil will be used.

Thanks in advance.
Help anyone please? My car has crossed 30K and I'm planning to give it for service next Tue at Vecto Motors, Hosur Road.

Last edited by prashkul : 21st February 2014 at 11:38.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:03   #50

Hi,

Initiating a discussion on an old thread.

I am looking around for an accessories shop / mechanic in Bangalore who carries fully synthetic engine oils. Does anyone know of any place in Bangalore or Mumbai where I can get hold of Grade 4 engine Oils?

Don't people buy engine oils outside and get it filled in workshops? Which are the recommended workshops where I can just get an oil change done in Bangalore?

Confortably Numb
Old 8th December 2017, 22:23   #51
BHPian

Restarting this old thread. I am looking to purchase 0w-20 fully synthetic oil, it seems like the cost for this in the shell petrol station is 5000. Where can I source this in Bangalore?
Old 12th October 2020, 16:57   #52
BHPian

Friends, I wanted to try Amsoil Fully Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil and enquired a Greaves distributor in Bangalore for Amsoil Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil and he rather suggested two options, both with quite high prices.

Signature Series 5W-40 (1 gallon or 3.78 Liters)
This oil does not carry the specification whether CK4 or less, however description goes as follows:
Approvals: API SN(RESOURCE CONSERVING),SM; ILSAC GF-5,GF-4; ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1; HONDA HTO-06; GM Dexos1 Gen2(supersedes LL-A-025, 6094 M, 4718 M); Chrysler MS-6395; Ford WSS-M2C946-A, WSS M2C929-A.
Is this oil meant for both kinds, i.e. Diesel and Gasoline engines?
Amazon India Link
Price of Signature series costs 3800/- for a gallon and the distributor seems to be quoting the MRP rate.

Turbo Truck version 5W-40 (1 gallon or 3.78 Liters)
Description shows "CK 4 recommendation and backward compatible to CI4 and CH4" Amazon India Link
Price of Turbo Truck series, costs 2900/- per gallon and the distributor seems to be quoting the MRP rate, however Amazon India shows discounted price of 2500/-, today.

I am looking to replace engine oil for Xylo mk 2010 mEagle, 2.5 liters CRDI Engine. Capacity of engine oil required is usually around 6.5 Liters.

This signature series engine oil seems to be more expensive than even Mobil Delvac1.
And it is not clear whether Turbo Truck version is suitable for MPVs/.

Queries:
1) Is Amsoil Signature Series SAE 5W-40 provide CK4 recommended grade ?
2) Is Amsoil Signature Series worth buying at this rate (roughly 5200/- per 5 liters, vs Delvac1 at < 5000 per 5 liters)?
3) Is Amsoil Turbo Truck a worthwhile engine oil for MPVs?

thanks in advance.
Old 12th October 2020, 23:01   #53
BHPian

Although the amsoil range of products is good, their dealer and distributor network is crap. The guy I used to source from now no longer reverts back and least interested. I have shifted back to motul and Mobil range of oips.I used to keep waiting for them to revert and delay my service finally I just gave up on them.
Amsoil really needs to get their act together before it's too late.
Old 12th October 2020, 23:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Although the amsoil range of products is good, their dealer and distributor network is crap. The guy I used to source from now no longer reverts back and least interested. I have shifted back to motul and Mobil range of oips.I used to keep waiting for them to revert and delay my service finally I just gave up on them.
Amsoil really needs to get their act together before it's too late.
Did you try via Amazon? I see amsoil products listed there. Not too many ratings but ratings are not bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks