Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 18:41   #1
BHPian

car art - possible in India?

Had come across some interesting paintwork on cars on the web.

Best Car Artistic Paintwork | Funtasticus.com

Is there any place we can get something like this in India?

I had seen some nice vinyl stuff depicting actresses faces in our private buses rear windows, in tamilNadu but nothing similar to this.
Old 10th August 2008, 00:24   #2
BHPian

airbrushing!

Hi RamKris...this is a good thread you've started, although it remains to be seen how much interest you'll evince.

the website you've pointed to contains all examples of AIRBRUSH painting art. (Look it up) This is the newest craze when it comes to vehicle graphics and is accomplished using paint loaded onto a tiny, expensive contraption known as an airbrush.

Although not hard to learn, airbrush techniques take months, if not years to master - therefore, airbrush art which has become popular for vehicle graphics is quite to very expensive, depending on how much of the vehicle needs to be covered and with what.

As the website you've shown displays, airbrush graphics are very popular among the Russian elite who actually get their RR Phantoms, various SUVs, and even supercars airbrushed with some outrageous graphics.

Talking about elite, Ozzy Osbourne's (the heavy metal singer) son got his SUV decked out with some sick graphics of 'undead'/morbid art on some show in the US (similar to Pimp my Ride but another channel's I think).

Coming to India...I have heard/read about a few artists in the country who have taken up airbrushing, but don't know if they're into vehicle graphics yet. If you found out about any, let us know!
Old 10th August 2008, 00:59   #3

there is this fellow who does Airbrushing in mumbai. I have seen a brand new Swift Dezire with Real Flames Airbrushed on it. The Most Amazing Graphics i have seen on one of the Ugliest cars ever!!
Old 10th August 2008, 17:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
there is this fellow who does Airbrushing in mumbai. I have seen a brand new Swift Dezire with Real Flames Airbrushed on it. The Most Amazing Graphics i have seen on one of the Ugliest cars ever!!
Hi Cyrus43 thx for appreciating my work . Hope to do more amazing stuff in the future .

..........and yes airbrushing in automotive is new to india and i wish to popularise this art form so Bhpians if there are any questions or would like to know more i would be glad to help
Old 10th August 2008, 22:52   #5
BHPian

^ awesome that you are here then! How about starting out with posting pictures of some of your works?
Old 10th August 2008, 23:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksudye View Post
Hi Cyrus43 thx for appreciating my work . Hope to do more amazing stuff in the future .

..........and yes airbrushing in automotive is new to india and i wish to popularise this art form so Bhpians if there are any questions or would like to know more i would be glad to help
You are the guy who Airbrushed that car?? If yes, then you are absolutely mindblowing buddy. Also, are you the one that had the stall at the Performance Show in Bombay?
Old 11th August 2008, 00:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Those are some awesome examples of car art, i loved almost all of them... requires huge amounts of skill to perfect this work, hats off to the painters.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
You are the guy who Airbrushed that car?? If yes, then you are absolutely mindblowing buddy. Also, are you the one that had the stall at the Performance Show in Bombay?

Hi Cyrus43 thanks again

...yes i had my stall at the auto car performance show last year actually that was to launch my proffesion as an airbrush artist and also get feed back from auto entusiasts .actually i had taken up airbrushing as a hobby . Did not expect to be so passionate about it that i desire to be a full time artist . Right now i juggle between my regular work and as an airbrush artist .

will be posting some of my work soon
Old 12th August 2008, 11:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
^ awesome that you are here then! How about starting out with posting pictures of some of your works?

Hi vebmetal thx

will be posting pics of my work soon

Yes Cyrus43, thanks again. i had taken part in the performance show last year . I had initially taken up airbrushing as a hobby and had taken part in the show to to get feed back and create awareness for this art. At present i juggle between my regular work and as an airbrush artist.
Old 13th August 2008, 18:53   #10
BHPian

Hi

pic of some of my work
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-p4230117.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p4230114.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p4230112.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p6130161.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p6130166.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-pc110026.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-pc110029.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p3010034.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-p3010036.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th August 2008, 20:11   #11
BHPian

This is awesome work bro! I would love to see more pictures of your work.

Your a genius!
Old 13th August 2008, 20:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Genius! Absolutely genius.

your work is simply mind boggling.its a big let down that you're not somewhere in the north.maybe someday we have the taste of your work here up north.someday.

i simply cannot understand how you did that carbon fiber look bonnet on that subaru.how did you get every line absolutely parallel.and in the same size.WOW!
Old 13th August 2008, 21:10   #13
BHPian

can you also tell us a rough estimate on how much would it cost to do somehing like this ?
Old 13th August 2008, 22:11   #14
BHPian

Great work buddy, keep us posted with more pics.

I would suggest having a website with your info and your work.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Killer stuff ksudye, now imma gonna have to fly you down to delhi to airbrush on some of my cars! Good going there with the work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks