Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 18:02   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Chrome Company Logo on the Steering

Most high end cars and some in the "C" segment too have chrome plated company logos on the steering/ horn button in most cases. These look chic and add to the ambience of the interior looks. The Merc, BMW and Audi logos on the steering are trendsetters! Even Volkswagen and Ford have their age old logos here on steerings.
But many, many cars (almost all) in the lower "B" and "A" segments in our market do not have such chrome logos. Instead cheap and crude etching of the company name / logo spoils the look and this phenomena plays spoilsport.
I would better call it streetside tattooing by our great carmakers right there on the steering!
Look at the Hyundai engraving on the horn button in the Santro-awful
The Marutis less said the better-only the Swift has a chrome logo.The 800's look awful again. My 1987 Maruti 800 has MARUTI written in chrome-thankfully its Japanese made and Maruti Udyog Ltd (as it was in 1987) was quite new in the market!
And the Mahindras - awful the Boleros(mine is 2001 and do not know if the new ones have some chrome there?), Commanders, Marshals, MM540's have the same impoverished street tattoo!
And the Tatas- impoverished their cars are too. Only higher versions of the Indigo - the SLX I believe have some chrome there. The Indicas, lower spec Indigos bear the same street tattoo!
There's no metal used here these days in lower priced cars-its only plastic with some shiny chrome.The costs maybe a hundred rupees or less. To give a chic look to the interiors why don't our car makers give some thought and implant chrome logos on steering consoles? Because the steering is the centre of attraction looks wise and otherwise.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 17th August 2008 at 18:09.
Old 17th August 2008, 20:33   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked up a friend's Accent and now another's Verna. Both do not have any chrome on their steerings.Tattoos at their ugliest are what are seen.
Whereas the Honda City has a beautiful Honda logo.
The Skoda Octavia has a beautiful Skoda logo. German cars excel here I am sure!
Old 9th January 2009, 13:52   #3
A.R
BHPian

I think one can pick up the the called metallic/chrome logo used to stick on the car body - front/back, use a good glue & stick it on the steering wheel. Maruti & Hyundai is a sure possibility. If your car is a sedan & the logo used on your car is big for the steering wheel, use the logo from a hatch.

One problem though: Most wheels have the horn placed in the centre & logo will have to be stuck on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks