Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2005, 19:51   #16
BHPian

all the good luck veyron1. well im lookin for a 2002 baleno mostly. am so confused! i dont know whether to get a lancer 1.8/baleno or put a baleno engine in my zen.
Old 18th March 2005, 03:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
all the good luck veyron1. well im lookin for a 2002 baleno mostly. am so confused! i dont know whether to get a lancer 1.8/baleno or put a baleno engine in my zen.
I would say go in for the 1.8 lancer,dump a honda gearbox and work upon the engine.Its an absolute stormer.It can clock a 12.5-13.5 1/4th mile.
Its tried and tested.
Second option,a baleno with the works.
I would not recommend the zen,as at times it gets impractical to drive around in that car with all the power in city traffic.

X
Old 18th March 2005, 04:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

dipen nothing personal man , and infact i ve mentioned 2.75 for a 400 rr and i know abtout brett s bike and his new gixxer too
the yamha 600 you mentioned i think was owned by a guy called prince (xbhpian) and has upgraded to a busa now .
so do you by any chance know of any good 600 going for around 3 lakhs , it does not need to be a honda , could be any as all are japanese and i don't think i ve got enough moolah to choose a brand . i ' d be happy with whatever nice i manage to get .

manson .
Old 18th March 2005, 13:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

well, gamerno, the options xmachine has listed are quite tempting, but vary vastly in terms of performance and costs involved. as you said, if you go in for a 2002 model baleno, you'll have to spend 3.50 lacs for the car (minimum), and do the works (let's assume 40-70 grand),which'll work out to 4-4.2 lacs. and if you're disposing your zen, minus the value from the aforesaid amount. all the same, going in for the 1.8 lancer and modding it will be an expensive proposition, as they are not yet available in the secondhand market, and if you wanna do the mods like x-machine said, the totalcost will go upto 12 lacs!!!( 9.3 for the new lancer 1.8 invex, and since it's a tiptronic, converting to manual will run you high, alongwith other mods).and besides, the main thing is that both the lancer and the baleno have a kerb weight of 1010 and 980 kgs respectively; in comparison, the zen weighs 780 kgs (kerb)- so, if you go in for the baleno engine for your car, it'll be quicker than both the others, as there's a minimum 200 kg difference!!!
so, go ahead, if dragging is your forte', don't look beyond the baleno engined zen-your car will smoke the black top, maann!!! (black top-tarmac). and not to mention, the moolah you save can be used to buy something else- more kit (body or performance), perhaps, or even an sbk, if you look at the money you're saving over the modded lancer 1.8!!!
a word of caution though-don't expect your zen to handle like Mclaren f1,lancia stratos, or porche 965 le mans: you'll need to build up your chassis ( and rather highly, at that) from scratch: the existing can't be modded to that extent; but then, like i said, you'll be the undisputed king of street , traffic light and track drags-hey, you win some, you lose some.
but at least, you'll be satisfied with your ride (big time) and smile all the way to your bank!!

Last edited by veyron1 : 18th March 2005 at 13:47.
Old 18th March 2005, 13:48   #20
BHPian

he he could not help it. Get yourself a GTX put in some mild mods. You will have a great looking car with equally good chassis and suspension. What the heck you might not be able to rule the drag strip but you have a complete all roung package. And if you are just talented enough you might very well manage to smoke a couple of e/b zens too.
Old 19th March 2005, 16:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

good idea harrie... but why go for the 1.6 gtx? why not take the 1.2 (secondhand) and put in a modded baleno engine/powertrain? now, that will really smoke the blacktop-drag and circuits included!!!!! and yeah, i could be smiling all the way to the bank too...he..he..he..........!!!
but seriously, the aforesaid combo could be deadly enough- and a good looker too.
Old 20th March 2005, 00:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

veyron1, no point in taking a 1.2 as the price diff between the 1.2 and 1.6 is not more than 15-20 grands
Old 20th March 2005, 03:09   #23
Team-BHP Support

dipen yet awaiting your reply regarding bikes !

manson .

Last edited by manson : 20th March 2005 at 03:20.
Old 26th March 2005, 02:06   #24
BHPian

yea some good options above. well i still have to wait a long time to have the mods done. anyways veyron1, whats your progress? when are the pics expected? i would really like to have a look at your B-esteem in personal when its completed.
good luck again
Old 27th March 2005, 12:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

tanx gamerno. but my car's still a project , not yet completed. will inform all youse when the ride's ready. and yeah, will post some pics too.
Old 27th March 2005, 14:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
dipen yet awaiting your reply regarding bikes !

manson .
Sorry for the late reply

Actually I dont have any contacts with any dealers , but I have helped many friends with used cars , regarding SBK's I dont know of any currently for sale.

If I come across anything good that suits you, will surely give you a buzz.

Regarding SBK's I can tell you for sure , dont hunt at a specific place or dealer.
Look anywhere & everywhere you can find a SBK , Ride it and dont listen to what the price is quoted, offer what you feel is best.
Remember: Selling a SBK is as difficult as buying one.
Old 11th September 2005, 02:13   #27
BHPian

Dragger once again I need a K&N kit for my Scorpio n I am located in New Delhi.....Please let me know......Thanks much
Old 12th September 2005, 13:13   #28
BHPian

any B-ESTEEMS in bombay?
Old 9th April 2006, 15:10   #29
BHPian

1.2 & Gtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
good idea harrie... but why go for the 1.6 gtx? why not take the 1.2 (secondhand) and put in a modded baleno engine/powertrain? .

GTX got a bit harder suspension than 1.2.
so GTX wil be a safer/stronger option as a modded dragster. (but its heavy )

Drive safe

Sree
Old 9th April 2006, 17:32   #30
Exo
BHPian

Weird option but witht the laws(or whateever you call it) you may consider geting a car from around here. The taxi's are prety batered( just chasis damage though usually) and you can get a 2K esteem for ~1l BDT. Add maybe 10K for shiping( no idea on legalities though). It's will invariably come with a 100kilo CNG kit too which can be sold if needed. You'll probably have to rebuild the chasis anyway so try it out.

There's a lot of toyota twin cam's available cheaply if anyone wants to try it out though( ~20K for a 1.6L corrola engine).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks