Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 06:46   #16
BHPian

The spoiler costs around 6K according to Maruti but you can negotiate with them all the way down. I got mine for around 50% less. It doesnt need drilling and is clamped on with 4 clamps. See my gallery for photos.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:49   #17
BANNED

Thanks mate for the info so my next upgrade will be putting spoiler, new transparent tail lamp covers and much awaited Dual Voice coil woofer for ideally sitting 301.1 along with removing all badges from rear door.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Center Arm rest available MGA stock at the dealer itself. I got it for Rs 1500 see my garage for a photo.
Has anyone checked if this is available at Pratham on ORR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
I checked up at all Maruti Dealer in Bnagalore & in car accesory shops in JC Road nobody has it except Car Shringar & he is quoting Rs.2000.
GSMINC : Did you get those armrests from Car Shringar? I was looking for the same for my Ikon, and didnt find one in the places i enquired. I am curious to know if it would fit on the Ikon. If you have got this installed, please post some snaps.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
...I was looking for the same for my Ikon, and didnt find one in the places i enquired. I am curious to know if it would fit on the Ikon. If you have got this installed, please post some snaps.
@benny, I don't think the Swift armrest will fit the Ikon. The base of the Swift's armrest is slotted into the single rear cupholder and then screwed down onto it.

You'll fin pics of one installed in my Swift here (post #127): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...atch-ii-9.html

The armrest is not very stable/solid as it is screwed onto the plastic panel that covers the area between the seats. It shifts around if moved from side-to-side. I've been putting off making a clamp-like thing to get it screwed down to the metal, making it solid. I have mastered the art of putting my elbow on it in such a way that it does not sway left & right, but then it irritates me that this thing can sway around.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@benny, I don't think the Swift armrest will fit the Ikon. The base of the Swift's armrest is slotted into the single rear cupholder and then screwed down onto it.
Thanks for the info, Hydra. This literally has ruled out all possibilities i could think of. Am abandoning this idea. :(

Between, i thought yours was a good fit. Didnt know that it rocked sideways.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th November 2008 at 14:11.
Old 20th October 2013, 20:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crash Guard & Arm rest for SWIFT VDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Add to that it looks horrible!
Sir ji, as far as I remember the fixing of crash guard was started in 1985/86, when maruti started deliveries of their vans,Gypsy.
There was a fear among new owners of these vehicles of getting hurt themselves and the vehicle.
So ugly looking MS Pipes were bent and given shapes of diamond,eyes etc were created for the head lights beams and fixed on to front cross members by welding the brackets.
Then there were different qualities of them having smaller and larger diameter MS pipes.
It used to give the new owners a satisfaction as they felt safe in the vans.
Later on these guards just vanished from the market as people came to know the damages these so called guards did to their vans at the time of accidents.
Old 4th November 2013, 16:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crash Guard & Arm rest for SWIFT VDI

Has anyone managed to fix an armrest to their New swift Dzire/Swift. I am looking for one, but so far all searches have turned futile. Please suggest some good places where this can be done in Bangalore, that is IF this can be done. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks