Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 14:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

3M has a nice underbody rust treatment. that will take care of your chassis and underbody.

or you can get your chassis galvanised, but for that you have to remove the body!
Old 10th September 2008, 16:06   #77
BHPian

What I was thinking of doing was. strip the whole jeep down. and give it a full antitrust treatment and then put on a nice paint. The vehicle is now 15 years old and might have rust hidden underneath the body or the chassis. Any suggestions? I don't mind spending on it but I need her to last as long as another 20 years or so.
Old 10th September 2008, 18:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

go ahead and do it, thats what im going to do it!cheers:
Old 11th September 2008, 12:47   #79
BHPian

Was on the lookout for a winch and came across this website. This place is located in Bangalore. here is the website Winches Manufacturer India,Electric Winches Supplier,Industrial Winches Manufacturer,Hydraulic Hoists Supplier,India can someone tell me if these can be fitted on to the jeep?
Old 11th September 2008, 14:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Was on the lookout for a winch and came across this website. This place is located in Bangalore. here is the website Winches Manufacturer India,Electric Winches Supplier,Industrial Winches Manufacturer,Hydraulic Hoists Supplier,India can someone tell me if these can be fitted on to the jeep?
Here is a recent update. I called up the winch dealers to know if it is possible to fit the winch to the jeep. He said yes, but there is a different technique which one has to follow and could be told on phone. So any of you guys in Bangalore happen to be near this place, Please visit the dealer and find out. If it can be fitted, its going to be a boon to all the 4x4 lovers.
Old 11th September 2008, 14:19   #81
BHPian

Congrats yamaniac on finding such a fine jeep. Like others mentioned, go ahead and convert it to 4 x 4 based on your needs.

BTW, Nice avatar.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:13   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Here is a recent update. I called up the winch dealers to know if it is possible to fit the winch to the jeep. He said yes, but there is a different technique which one has to follow and could be told on phone. So any of you guys in Bangalore happen to be near this place, Please visit the dealer and find out. If it can be fitted, its going to be a boon to all the 4x4 lovers.
Forget it.. Asking for 1L . for a 2 Ton winch.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:38   #83
Team-BHP Support

Most of us keep away from winches because of price, the availability is not the problem. It is hard to get high quality winch for a reasonable price in India.

That's a nice avatar you got.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th September 2008 at 15:39.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:47   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Forget it.. Asking for 1L . for a 2 Ton winch.
Is it hydraulic or electrical?
Old 11th September 2008, 16:01   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Most of us keep away from winches because of price, the availability is not the problem. It is hard to get high quality winch for a reasonable price in India.
Darn, Why? Why does it have to be like this? China sells it for dirt cheap prices. US too does and so does other countries! I guess I better go with the 600 wala winch. At least i can try drawing a bucket out of the well with it!

Quote:
That's a nice avatar you got
Thanks
Old 11th September 2008, 16:31   #86
Team-BHP Support

Checkout the Winch thread to understand the problem.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ity-winch.html
Old 11th September 2008, 17:03   #87
BHPian

Hi
Congrats on buying the JEEP. You have certainly launched yourself into the world of jeeping.
COnverting your 2wd to 4wd is a easy enough procedure.It involves the following steps:
1> Removal of 2wd gearbox and front dead axle.
2> Fitment of 4wd gearbox and front differentials.
3> Shortening of rear prop shaft.
4> Fitment of front drive shaft.
5> Minor tinkering required for the lever/s of the 4wd in running board.
6> Fit a freewheeling hub.(helps down vibrations which arise when front shaft engaged).
7> The entire cost of the operation with gearbox overhaul etc if parts sourced locally would be around 40k on the higher side less if you know your way around the parts.
8> And for that cash you will have a rebuilt gearbox,clutch and new bearings all around.
9> The brakes also could be serviced along with the running parts.
10>The vehicle just needs insulation in the form of the black thermofoam which can be stuck to the firewall.This will reduce heat ingress.The gear lever boots must be crack free.
11>The fitment of side ventilators helps in a small way.
Cheers
Jammy
MM440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Checkout the Winch thread to understand the problem.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ity-winch.html
Old 11th September 2008, 17:37   #88
BHPian

Quote:
What I was thinking of doing was. strip the whole jeep down. and give it a full antitrust treatment and then put on a nice paint. .
Watch out & be careful! Thats exactly how I started out I am still at it!

Really nice jeep you have got yourself.
Old 11th September 2008, 23:45   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
Hi
Congrats on buying the JEEP. You have certainly launched yourself into the world of jeeping.
COnverting your 2wd to 4wd is a easy enough procedure.It involves the following steps:
1> Removal of 2wd gearbox and front dead axle.
2> Fitment of 4wd gearbox and front differentials.
3> Shortening of rear prop shaft.
4> Fitment of front drive shaft.
5> Minor tinkering required for the lever/s of the 4wd in running board.
6> Fit a freewheeling hub.(helps down vibrations which arise when front shaft engaged).
7> The entire cost of the operation with gearbox overhaul etc if parts sourced locally would be around 40k on the higher side less if you know your way around the parts.
8> And for that cash you will have a rebuilt gearbox,clutch and new bearings all around.
9> The brakes also could be serviced along with the running parts.
10>The vehicle just needs insulation in the form of the black thermofoam which can be stuck to the firewall.This will reduce heat ingress.The gear lever boots must be crack free.
11>The fitment of side ventilators helps in a small way.
Cheers
Jammy
MM440
The rear axle will also have to be changed, as the diff is offset to the right for the 4x4 version. Also remember to add the skid plate under the GB cross member. The 4x4 versions have an additional bumpstopper for the front axle RH side, which you may have to add.
Old 12th September 2008, 00:35   #90
BHPian

Based on lengthy discussions held with Senior JT member UBS I am running a centre diff with no problems so far.
cheers
jammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
The rear axle will also have to be changed, as the diff is offset to the right for the 4x4 version. Also remember to add the skid plate under the GB cross member. The 4x4 versions have an additional bumpstopper for the front axle RH side, which you may have to add.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks