Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 23:38   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeel View Post
@yamanic,

Please let me know once it is done and if it has solved the problem so that i could do it on my jeep as well
Hey akeel,

Hows your jeep doin? I have solved the interior heating issue, Not sure if this would be the same in your case, Since its an AC, I Think there would be no nut holes on the interiors of your jeeps body facing the engine. Which was in my case.

What I did was, I took the grey sponge type material (Harder than sponge), don't know the exact name for it. But I found it beneath the soft top and the covering material when I removed the soft top on my jeep.

Cut it into pieces applied fevicol, and pasted it on to where the holes were. Issue solved.

This is how the material looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0099.jpg  

Old 12th February 2010, 14:50   #122
BHPian

After The paint job and tire deployments

Here are a few pics, of how the mm540 currently looks like. Repainted the tub, The big patch on the tub which I had posted on my precious thread, was were the battery was before, It was a huge inverter battery local made, Which was installed by the previous owner. Have shifted to exide- maintenance free battery now. And is inside the hood.

I might need to strengthen the tailgate. as the spare tire makes a knocking side on the tail gate.

Guys, there is a snap of the steering road, which has a piece of rubber stuffed beneath it, Is this normal?

Also you can see how I have solved the heating issue inside the cabin area, by pasting pieces of sponge, where there were huge pipe line kind of holes.

Next on the agenda, soft top. Please guys do let me know if I need to make any corrections on the existing mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0100-copy.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0101-copy.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0102.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0103.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0105.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0106.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0109-copy.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0111.jpg  

Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0113.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 18:37   #123
BHPian

Manjith , Nice jeep you've got there!
Saw you near Jyoti at about 6pm after my mom pointed to your jeep saying it looks like what they had in the army.
I was the one in the silver sx4 following you flashing the lights and honking..
We should meet up sometime!

Cheers!!
Old 13th February 2010, 20:52   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Manjith , Nice jeep you've got there!
Saw you near Jyoti at about 6pm after my mom pointed to your jeep saying it looks like what they had in the army.
I was the one in the silver sx4 following you flashing the lights and honking..
We should meet up sometime!

Cheers!!
Hey james! aaah so it was you.. I was wondering who was honking like that.. Thanks.. Great to see a t-Bhpian in town mate. Sure bro lets catch up.. Lemme know when.. Probably we shld have a T-Bhp meet or something

Cheers buddy!
Old 15th February 2010, 11:38   #125
BHPian

booyaah! here it is Jeep Wrangler TJ 97-06 Amber Marker Parking Light Set. Got sourced from a friend from US. I assume this will require a lot of fabrications on the front mudguard. But I am sure will look awesome when done. I have one more extra set guys. Those willing to want one can see the classified section. here

Heres the pic. But not sure when will I be going forward with the mods.. Just want to take my own sweet time with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-cjreflectors.jpg  

Last edited by yamaniac : 15th February 2010 at 11:38. Reason: Typo errors
Old 16th February 2010, 14:35   #126
BHPian

Got my seats... Where to find yours?

Sorry for the lengthy post

So the seats here they are finally... I have gone to almost all the scrap dealers in Mangalore, but finally got them from a friend who owns a local garage and the seats are from an opel astra. Got them for cheap, with seat belt and the the retractor. The seat are in good condition and a bit of cosmetics will make them look good. This was the last place I looked for and voila I found it.

I assume most of the people looking for bucket seats for their jeeps end up looking in either the local scrap yard, or get the seats made themselves. Although the second option may prove costlier.

I have been looking for a set of bucket seats for over 4 months now. The price quoted at the Local scrap yard here, called "bunder", they ask for 3k a piece they don't negotiate at all.The seats are kept outside the shop in the sun, rain and dust, the cushion on these seats rot and become hard. Repairing these seats will cost you another 2k to 2.5k.

Here is where you can find yours...
I suggest that people looking for decent bucket seats in ok condition visit a car garage especially in places which are not authorized by the company. Please look here first before going to your local scrap yard.

A lot of people get their cars repaired here. One reason is that they are cheaper than the authorized workshops. Most of the totaled cars are dumped here as well. These Garage guys then dismantle them and sell it to the local scrap shops if the car is unrepairable or badly mangled. These guys will sell parts for cheap. Including gearboxes, engine parts and anything that comes out of the car.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:59   #127
BHPian

the seats are here.. only thing left now is to remove my existing seats and throw the new ones in.. here they are..

sorry about the pic quality.. clicked from my cellphone!

Ps: head rests on their way!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP-photo0123.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 00:13   #128
BHPian

Please fit them in soon. it was scary sitting in your current seat. But thanks for the spin 'round the block!
Old 20th February 2010, 00:40   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Please fit them in soon. it was scary sitting in your current seat. But thanks for the spin 'round the block!

Lol those were scary cuz i Quick fixed it for you.. It was fixed using only 2 screws in a hurry! Hope to get the mounts for them tomorrow.. or else, will have to screw the rest of the screws to the existing seat :P. No prob dude! anytime you need a quick spin! lemme know!
Old 16th May 2010, 12:49   #130
BHPian

Hey Manjith, Mithun here.. remember? Canara high school. Glad to know that you are a BHpian too.
keep in touch mate
Old 12th June 2013, 13:19   #131
BHPian

Re: Mahindra MM540 SDP? EDIT : XDP

nice seats, I am looking for seats for my MM540, which one fits well?
I am from chennai.

Most Viewed