Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 17:42   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Only in T-BHP would we hear phrases like this . Get the pictures of the MM with mud bath man -- before you wash her up.
oops! Too late! the security guard washed it up for me hope I can get a few clicks from under the mudguards, hope it still remains
Old 8th September 2008, 19:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

hey after using 2x2 on your way to your estate, you feel the need for 4x4 on your jeep?
Old 8th September 2008, 20:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
hey after using 2x2 on your way to your estate, you feel the need for 4x4 on your jeep?
Well not really! On the highways it was a breeze to obtain quick initial while overtaking, Maneuvering the ghat section was not at all difficult. But yes during steep turns on the curves on the highways doing 60KMPh, I felt that the rear side of the jeep moved off sideways! But then again was back in control. So having a 4x4 for the highway was no point! But in the estate..YES!! In a few places where there was too much muck and slush, I pumped on the gas so that I would still have the speed to cover the distance, But cuz of the NDMS tires getting out was not at all difficult. I had a few wheel spins, but when I did have the spins. I completely stopped the jeep and made a back and forth effort thus getting the jeep slowly out, with out giving the initial torque. So until here 4x4 would have been quicker, but the 2x2 managed.But the terrain was indeed very crude, with Rain, leeches,bugs and tree branches on the route. It was like a wild life safari. it was good fun. I guess I have to take it on to a Cruder obstacles,but Need to find out where?
Old 8th September 2008, 21:10   #34
Team-BHP Support

Come over to my place and try my private off-road track. It will be interesting to see how 2WD offroader will perform here. I have recovery tow chains to pull you out of trouble.
Old 8th September 2008, 21:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Come over to my place and try my private off-road track. It will be interesting to see how 2WD offroader will perform here. I have recovery tow chains to pull you out of trouble.
Sure, I would love to, Where is your place by the way?
Old 8th September 2008, 22:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

good to know that 2x2 solves your needs and dont require 4x4 for your needs!

cheers:
Old 8th September 2008, 22:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
good to know that 2x2 solves your needs and dont require 4x4 for your needs!

cheers:
Well!! Ya probably not right now, But YES!!! In the future when there are heavy rains and gets more muckier than ever! I guess I will need a 4x4! cheers:
Old 8th September 2008, 22:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

better keep looking for a nice 4x4 for your jeep and get it fixed before the rains.

cheers:
Old 8th September 2008, 22:34   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Sure, I would love to, Where is your place by the way?
I am near Manipal. But you know, in real off-the-road situations, you need both pull and push. A 4x4 is the right tool for such applications, but you are welcome to try.
Old 8th September 2008, 22:48   #40
BHPian

This might be off topic. Sorry mods.. But I did not know where to post this.

ok, Heres an incident that happened today. After my office hours me and my colleagues went for a coffee on the jeep to a hotel, we had coffee and then I thought ok lets take them for a spin. So nearby there is a secluded hilly place called the "Blueberry hills". It is very common in this place where couples come and make out and etc etc ( You get the point) . So on one such spot there was this dark tinted "Indica" and there was something going on until we showed up with the the "MM". I took the jeep slowly towards his car and switched on the high beam. and idled the engine in such a way, as how the cops idle their jeeps very slowly during their night beats. This guy was so scared that he thought we were cops and got down from his car and came towards the jeep. He couldn't see us inside as the jeep was idled on high beam. He came towards the passenger side where my colleague was sitting (Who is a huge Guy) and who looks like a cop, and started talking.
Here is the conversation:
The guy: Sir, me and my friend were just talking.
My colleague: Dont you have any better place to talk? I can have you arrested! and put both of you in the cell for a day and call up your parents.

The guy: Sir, Please sir we will leave now.
My colleague: No, you will have to come to the station.

The guy: Please sir, takes 100 rupees from his pocket and gives it to him thinking he was a sub inspector!! Lol

My Colleague refused and said we were not cops. and we all laughed so loudly that even the guy started laughing. too bad he did not check the number plate on the jeep! otherwise he would have known that we weren't cops

Its kinda funny when people mistake your jeep for a cops jeep and start acting sulky when you pass by.. I AM LOVING IT! hahahhaha
Old 8th September 2008, 23:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

something similar had happened with me in Chandigarh while i was driving a sumo.

anyway dude when do we get to see the photos of your jeep?

cheers:
Old 8th September 2008, 23:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:

anyway dude when do we get to see the photos of your jeep?

cheers:
First thing tomorrow buddy! I will click snaps and post it over here.
Old 8th September 2008, 23:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

thanx buddy.....cheers and beers for your new jeep. awaiting to see the photos by this time tomorow.
Old 8th September 2008, 23:18   #44
Team-BHP Support

On Sept 20th there is Mahindra Great Escape in Coorg, want to try your luck there with the 2WD? You can register at Karnataka Agencies, the local M&M dealer.
Old 8th September 2008, 23:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

where or how can i find out MM GE in north india?

Most Viewed