Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 05:41   #736
BHPian

Re: Modded Cars in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
sorry, that civic belongs to the weird and wacky thread.

appalling. such an eye sore.
OK, as mentioned, this car belongs to a guy in Fort Kochi who is into the business of modding Civics and this is a demo car. That's his website mentioned in the car door. His article came up in the magazine 'Quarter mile'. But I liked certain things like those alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-img_00000357.jpg  

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 12th August 2012 at 06:00.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 09:04   #737
Senior - BHPian

Thank you rosh.

quarter mile magazine must be mad. Adding bits and pieces to the bumper and calling that modifying is basically what DC does, and most of their cars are horrible.

I wish him all the best for his venture.

Last edited by govigov : 12th August 2012 at 09:08.
Old 12th August 2012, 17:17   #738
Senior - BHPian

Well that civic has a full free exhaust from red rooster for starters and of course brisk spar plugs. but the real clincher is the weight loss he has managed. carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber boot and carbon fiber spoiler. actual carbon fiber not some stick on vinyl.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 00:26   #739
Senior - BHPian

That is very good indeed. Wonder how he managed to make a CF hood and boot.
Old 14th August 2012, 22:35   #740
Senior - BHPian

he sells them. he distributes brisk sparks plugs, some weird named lowering springs "vogland" something and cf spoilers, hoods and bootlids.
Old 16th August 2012, 22:57   #741
BHPian

@ Govigov,

Quarter Mile magazine isn't mad.
Like you, I'm not a fan of outlandish body kits. But there is no denying that this car sports the best performance products that are available for the Civic.

Those are actual J's Racing bumpers (google) and Type R side skirts, all imported from Singapore. The carbon fibre bonnet, boot lid save a whole load of weight. The wheels are the highly sought after Rota Grids (Rebranded in Japan). And that rear wing (often mistaken to be a spoiler) actually works.

And it is often passion that gets a car on QM. Despite rendering his car undrivable, the owner took the trouble of installing ground hugging lowering springs and some ill-fitting spacers just so that his car looks good in our photos, only to take them off that evening.

I'm not sure about the lettering used to promote the brands represented by the owner. I had politely asked him to remove those during a little conversation when our shoot was taking place. Let's see how much of it has gone through.

@rosh_aveo1.4,

Glad to see the cover here. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by bblost : 17th August 2012 at 00:05. Reason: Corrected some formatting. Thanks.
vivekji05 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:40   #742
BHPian

Well vivek.. The civic just looks kiddish to any person. It might have CF bonnet etc but its not done to taste. The original design has been totally spoiled. There are other civics in kochi which have been done with real taste with half the investment. This Civic is money gone into the drain with no positive appreciation from any one in the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
@ Govigov,

Quarter Mile magazine isn't mad.
Like you, I'm not a fan of outlandish body kits. But there is no denying that this car sports the best performance products that are available for the Civic.

Those are actual J's Racing bumpers (google) and Type R side skirts, all imported from Singapore. The carbon fibre bonnet, boot lid save a whole load of weight. The wheels are the highly sought after Rota Grids (Rebranded in Japan). And that rear wing (often mistaken to be a spoiler) actually works.

And it is often passion that gets a car on QM. Despite rendering his car undrivable, the owner took the trouble of installing ground hugging lowering springs and some ill-fitting spacers just so that his car looks good in our photos, only to take them off that evening.

I'm not sure about the lettering used to promote the brands represented by the owner. I had politely asked him to remove those during a little conversation when our shoot was taking place. Let's see how much of it has gone through.

@rosh_aveo1.4,

Glad to see the cover here. Thanks for posting.
Old 17th August 2012, 16:15   #743
Senior - BHPian

Even I saw the same Civic @ Trivandrum, a few months back. I felt the same :-( , looks like a childs toy.

Since the owner is a dealer of many costly car gizmos he has added all those costly CF Hood and backlids. but those gizmos ruined the looks of the car. Some decals also spoiled the looks

Modding a car means not investing hell lot of money but looking beautifull with commendable perfomance.

There are a few more civics with pretty descent looks and with minimal mods.

No offence ment ! :-)

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 17th August 2012 at 16:16. Reason: appending
Old 17th August 2012, 17:32   #744
Senior - BHPian

love it when people criticize others and say no offense

can we end this discussion over the civic? his car, his products, his money and more importantly his taste.
Old 17th August 2012, 19:12   #745
BHPian

Are the body kit and spoiler on the civic functional ? Or is it just a car for the owner to show off his wares ? The rims , hood, tail lights and the exhaust tip look good IMO . The other mods not so much . Any other performance upgrades other than the FFE ? What about the suspension and brakes ? Sorry for too many questions at once !
Old 17th August 2012, 20:14   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Well vivek.. The civic just looks kiddish to any person. It might have CF bonnet etc but its not done to taste. The original design has been totally spoiled. There are other civics in kochi which have been done with real taste with half the investment. This Civic is money gone into the drain with no positive appreciation from any one in the forum
You should read my first sentence again. I didn't say I like it, did I? J's Racing Civic is quite popular in Japan. Some like it and some don't. It's best to come all polite when it comes to someone else's car, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Even I saw the same Civic @ Trivandrum, a few months back. I felt the same :-( , looks like a childs toy.

Since the owner is a dealer of many costly car gizmos he has added all those costly CF Hood and backlids. but those gizmos ruined the looks of the car. Some decals also spoiled the looks

Modding a car means not investing hell lot of money but looking beautifull with commendable perfomance.

There are a few more civics with pretty descent looks and with minimal mods.

No offence ment ! :-)
To you, Modding is about looking beautiful and adding more power, but that's not the case with everyone else. What is beautiful to you and I may not be beautiful to someone else (Read rat-rods, sleepers). It is hard to satisfy everyone.

We at QM, think the goal is to satisfy yourself! If the car makes you (the owner) happy, that's the end. If a Civic with subtle mods is your thing, you're in the same boat as me.

If the owner likes his Civic, so be it!

And no offence taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
love it when people criticize others and say no offense

can we end this discussion over the civic? his car, his products, his money and more importantly his taste.
Well said, deathwalkr. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. Besides, it is great to know what everyone thinks...
Old 20th August 2012, 13:18   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
some more pictures of the team fiat moto club
Loved the blue Punto! Looks Uber sexy! That should have been a repainted one I guess! Nice job on the corona rings too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
There are quite a few of these in Kerala, a nicely modded Polo. The wheels could definitely do with some spacers though...
I prefer better wheels. Otherwise great mods & a great looking car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Saw this Jeep two weeks back on KK road.
Was it near Pampady? From the looks of the place, it is right next to the "Jeep Guys" or something (?) who are completely into Jeep modifications [cosmetic mods as they claim].

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
...quarter mile magazine must be mad. Adding bits and pieces to the bumper and calling that modifying is basically what DC does, and most of their cars are horrible.

I wish him all the best for his venture.
Guess you are jumping the gun! First of all, looking at these pics and calling it "adding pieces" is being too judgemental! Secondly, I dont know how many cars featured in this thread has more than bits & pieces. Thirdly why "modification" necessarily mean performance & NOT cosmetic updates!

And finally, I have seen most of the modifiers have at-least one or two not-so great designs. Everyone evolves & learns from their work [mistakes as we love to call it] and lets give them that space.
Old 20th August 2012, 21:32   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess you are jumping the gun! First of all, looking at these pics and calling it "adding pieces" is being too judgemental! Secondly, I dont know how many cars featured in this thread has more than bits & pieces. Thirdly why "modification" necessarily mean performance & NOT cosmetic updates!

And finally, I have seen most of the modifiers have at-least one or two not-so great designs. Everyone evolves & learns from their work [mistakes as we love to call it] and lets give them that space.
My comments stem from the fact that i have seen this car at least a couple of times in person.

As vivek said, the bumpers may be an original, but something about the car is just not right. Rightly said, the owner, if he is reading can take this as an input on how to get the car better.
Old 21st August 2012, 19:13   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Really liked the mods done here. But had really huge Aux lamps. Excellent finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-c360_20120821181728.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 21:15   #750
BHPian

I have seen couple of nice modded Ertigas in Kochi.. yes "Ertiga". Can anyone post some pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks