Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 16:20   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesva View Post
heres my ride.
a 2001 zen d
The last picture you uploaded looks like an ad buddy. Just wondering if that is allowed in TBHP.

The rear of your ride looks good. Great job done there except for the front bumper.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:57   #452
BHPian

wildchild4lyfe-thanks for the boost you gave,now everyone can shift the weird and whacky thread pics in here,chill and and let all the weird ones flow.lol
Old 24th February 2010, 14:14   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
dude i feel every man mods his ride according to his taste and it reflects his personality and like every mans personality , theres the good the bad and the ugly.
a modded car is a modded car. its doesnt take anything away from what the mod car scene in Kerala is.
Chill and let it flow guys!!
Malayalis ROCK!!
On that note, then we don't need a Weird and Wacky Mods thread, do we?? There is a reason why that thread exists and IMO, a lot of pics in this thread need to be moved there

Any car with alloys, or a few stickers, or a jeep with big wheels can't be exactly called a body mod job. I'm sure you understand what i mean if you have a look at the pics posted initially. A lot of pain, money and effort goes to building such cars and those are the ones that deserve to be here unlike the rest. Besides that, the Kerala mod scene itself is pretty small, please don't make it look bad as well.

I second what desigNation said. This thread was good initally until pics of jeeps, ambys and what not came up

Here's a pic of a Getz CRDi that belongs to a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-1.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-q.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-w.jpg  

Last edited by karthik247 : 24th February 2010 at 14:30.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:58   #454
BHPian

dude a lot of these mods totally feel stupid to me here too. like whats plixi glass doing on the hood of a car? its not like the engines been dressed up either.but then again the owner likes it that way so why bother? i have a scoop on my car and people say it looks funny.i dont care cz it serves the purpose of cooling the engine bay.guys on the deccan drag thread think that madhusudan reddys nitroused city should go into the wierd and wacky too.that is one of the fastest NA city in India! seriously i went through the wacky thread and to me it just seems to me like a bunch of babies looking for laughs.!i do understand that some people really overdo things when its comes to mods but thats a fact everywhere.
so if you guys want to judge peoples tastes go straight ahead.
cheers!

i just let out what i thought was right.i dont really care anyways.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 09:12. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:12   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude a lot of these mods totally feel stupid to me here too. like whats plixi glass doing on the hood of a car? its not like the engines been dressed up either.
Have a look at the pic of the black OHC with a plexi glass hood. Does it look bad?? It looks fab! And im sure most will agree with me on that.

Quote:
i have a scoop on my car and people say it looks funny.i dont care cz it serves the purpose of cooling the engine bay.
Im assuming you have a proper real working scoop on ur car. But you also get to see tons of cars with those fake plastic ones that serve no purpose at all and just spoil the look of the car.

Quote:
guys on the deccan drag thread think that madhusudan reddys nitroused city should go into the wierd and wacky too.that is one of the fastest NA city in India!
That car was not made to look good. Its a drag/race car, not a show car.

Quote:
seriously i went through the wacky thread and to me it just seems to me like a bunch of babies looking for laughs.!
Does that mean EVERY car on the road is good looking?? It takes talent to build GOOD looking cars and we're just posting the ones that we saw around thats all.

PS - These are just my thoughts. No offence. Cheers!!
Old 28th February 2010, 11:19   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
Hello to all-when karthik 247 started this thread, i hope he wanted to show the rest of the country what kerala is got, aesthetically and elegantly modified vehicles. Beautifully modified vehicles have been posted and has been appreciated,but some of them are really....atrocious.i request to all u guys who post pics here, please dont make kerala the laughing stock for the rest of the country by showing all the weird one's in here,there's another the thread for that.
I completely agree with designation, of late most of the pix in this thread are a joke. Lets focus on the quality stuff here guys!

@Wildchild, you can argue just for the sake of it, but you know what we mean right. lets focus on the good mods. Chill.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:28   #457
Senior - BHPian

A Couple of pix from my side. Taken on one of our random trips to wellington island.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-_mg_9635.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-_mg_9638.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-_mg_9646.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2010, 10:06   #458
BHPian

okok.... whatever i give up! hehe!
anyways wacko jobs are pretty common all over the place! frankly ive just stopped caring!
those really are some really good looking you guys have down there.maybe next time i come down i can meet all you guys and my native cars.!
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:15   #459
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a modded car meet in Kerala. Cool!
Old 4th March 2010, 12:18   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Looks like a modded car meet in Kerala. Cool!
It was a 'mini' meet actually!

Meanwhile, spotted this conti in cochin yesterday. Looked good, except for those horrid alloys!
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Cars in Kerala-030320102370.jpg  

Modded Cars in Kerala-030320102371.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 16:24   #461
BHPian

why is the silencer in centre position ? i mean its either extreme right hand side or left ??
Old 4th March 2010, 17:16   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
why is the silencer in centre position ? i mean its either extreme right hand side or left ??

Must be a straight pipe without any bends.

Pramod
Old 4th March 2010, 18:06   #463
Senior - BHPian

That's a pretty neatly done-up Conti there! But smoked lamps look outta place on the wannabe muscle!
Old 4th March 2010, 20:56   #464
Senior - BHPian

jay good catch there man. Find the owner and ask him to get rid of those smoked tail lamps. BTW go on post those pics from FB here, I did love to see all the modded cars at the signal.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:39   #465
Senior - BHPian

the front portion of the conti looks absolutely evil \m/

could do some work on the back though in my humble opinion

Most Viewed