Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 23:20   #106
BHPian

Re: Push Button Start / Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Just got my ignition start button today. The kit contains a toggle switch and a press button with red light in it. In my kit i have to turn key by one step and the rest did on the toggle switch and button. When i hold the button the light on it burns. To stop the engine i have to close the toggle switch flap. It look so special, i always had a dream of such kind of startup kit. Fix it and enjoy.

can you please tell me where did you purchase the kit from.
thanx.
Old 26th June 2012, 02:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoussie View Post
can you please tell me where did you purchase the kit from.
thanx.
I brought it from Coimbatore. I think its more than 3 years now so don`t remember the exact price. Guess its under 2.5k.

If you want one search it online, they can be cheaper i believe.
k_shanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:44   #108
BHPian

Here is a DIY video on youtube for this

quadra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 20:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Here is a DIY video on Youtube for this

Mighty Car Mods - How to Install A Start Button - YouTube

Thank you for the link.
but i am looking for the wiring diagram for indica. which i have not found on the net. service centre isn't helping and nor are the local guys. dead end.
can anyone please guide as to where i can get the wiring diagram for the indica.

Old 6th July 2012, 16:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoussie View Post
Thank you for the link.
but i am looking for the wiring diagram for indica. which i have not found on the net. service centre isn't helping and nor are the local guys. dead end.
can anyone please guide as to where i can get the wiring diagram for the indica.

You will definetly NOT get car specific diagrams. It is almost practically impossible to draw the parent wiring diagram and then an insert on how to wire this system for every car model available.

So a workaround for this is to use the "logic" behind a push button starter. I do not have a diagram but if you can explain this logic to any auto electrician, he would be able to help.

Ask the electrician to:
  • Open the steering console and find the ignition key assembly. It contains numerous wires and two of them lead to the starter motor (Electrician can identify it).
  • Splice those wires (will void warranty) and take a "parallel connection" from those wires and connect them to the push start button module.
  • Affix the module at some convenient location and Voila you are done.
Its simple and straightforward, but if the job is done haphazardly, it might lead to a short circuit. Ensure the splicing is well insulated.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 11:48   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I think that it's overpriced. You can get a similar or even a better one for 500/- from Dealextreme.
DealExtreme: $11.99 Blue Indicator Light Engine Push-Start Button Set for Auto-Refitting (DC 12V)
Does dealextreme ship to India? If yes, what about import duties and other costs? Did you install the product in your car?
Old 28th January 2013, 21:38   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
You will definetly NOT get car specific diagrams. It is almost practically impossible to draw the parent wiring diagram and then an insert on how to wire this system for every car model available.

So a workaround for this is to use the "logic" behind a push button starter. I do not have a diagram but if you can explain this logic to any auto electrician, he would be able to help.

Ask the electrician to:
  • Open the steering console and find the ignition key assembly. It contains numerous wires and two of them lead to the starter motor (Electrician can identify it).
  • Splice those wires (will void warranty) and take a "parallel connection" from those wires and connect them to the push start button module.
  • Affix the module at some convenient location and Voila you are done.
Its simple and straightforward, but if the job is done haphazardly, it might lead to a short circuit. Ensure the splicing is well insulated.

thank you so much for the reply. sorry for the delayed response. i did try what you said and the electrician blew the fuse box. not very sure about trying it without a wiring diagram. so am going to try and get a proper diagram. thank you so much.
Old 28th January 2013, 22:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Does dealextreme ship to India? If yes, what about import duties and other costs? Did you install the product in your car?
Nope - Dealextreme do not ship to india. YOu get similar products in india itself. It is not worth buying from USA.

Nope - i did not install on my Santro as i am skeptical about cutting wires. . Couple of dealers told me they might need to splice the wires, which put me off.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th January 2013 at 22:15.
Old 28th July 2013, 10:36   #114
BHPian

@scoprioBharath & @searchingHeaven

DealExtreme definitely ships to India, I have ordered plenty of stuff from them ranging from crazy cheap stuff like keychains to high end electronic stuff too. I have received each and every one of them, there are delays sometimes but have got all products within 30 days.

I ordered this product "Start Button Red" Similar to the one used in the MightCarMod's Video.

Order was placed on 6/7/2013 & i got it on 27/7/2013 no custom duty or anything, most of the time it clears without you being charged for it but if its something costly that you might get the attention from the custom duty department.

Anyways now back to the topic, I have a 2010 Maruti Suzuki SX4 on which i want to install this start button, any idea's on how to get it done? my mechanic shop guy said he has never done it before so I need to find someone with experience.
The concept seems simple as the Ignition switch is just a 3 way switch but finding the correct wires would be difficult.

Last edited by dreamz_mak : 28th July 2013 at 10:38.
Old 28th July 2013, 12:18   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
@scoprioBharath & @searchingHeaven

DealExtreme definitely ships to India, I have ordered plenty of stuff from them ranging from crazy cheap stuff like keychains to high end electronic stuff too. I have received each and every one of them, there are delays sometimes but have got all products within 30 days.

I ordered this product "Start Button Red" Similar to the one used in the MightCarMod's Video.

Order was placed on 6/7/2013 & i got it on 27/7/2013 no custom duty or anything, most of the time it clears without you being charged for it but if its something costly that you might get the attention from the custom duty department.

Anyways now back to the topic, I have a 2010 Maruti Suzuki SX4 on which i want to install this start button, any idea's on how to get it done? my mechanic shop guy said he has never done it before so I need to find someone with experience.
The concept seems simple as the Ignition switch is just a 3 way switch but finding the correct wires would be difficult.
For 250 Rs you should be able to get the parts and assembly catalog at a large service center of Maruti. If you are a regular, you may just borrow it and xerox out the relevant pages instead.

In my case, I was asked to avoid the push button start on my Swift since the car has Airbags, and they are not sure if it can 'interfere' in any manner with the modification in terms of electronics. While I took it with a pinch of salt of course, I never went for the mod, considering the safety feature is more important than something which is just a novelty, and often goes away after some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks