Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:18   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
This push button start things is pretty slick. I wanna get it put in my accord as it has two cigratte lighters too and I can get the orignal honda start red button from the handa website. But the only drawback is that no more valet parking coz those fools wont know how to start the car. Also need to find a good professional to do this for me, dont trust everyone with my accord.
u can still keep the original start pattern as well. push buttoon will be the other option not the main one. i have got a cheap button have to hook it some soon sometime now
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

So basically u have the option of turning the key once which activates the button light and then using the button to start or turn the key twice and the car starts like before?
Do let me know how your think works out jesal so that i can order my honda button asap and get it back to bombay.
Old 2nd May 2005, 23:17   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
So basically u have the option of turning the key once which activates the button light and then using the button to start or turn the key twice and the car starts like before?
Do let me know how your think works out jesal so that i can order my honda button asap and get it back to bombay.
its to be used normally. once when the acc mode is there and then the second turn. after that u either press the button or start it manually. how much is the button for there on handa. check out this brand called longacre kick ass switches they have,
Old 3rd May 2005, 01:38   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The switch is for 40$ from the handa website. Checked out the langacre switches, they are good but i still prefer the honda one, its simple and sporty...fits the bill well.
Old 25th June 2005, 01:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

hey jesal
any news on the button start.did you finally get it done or not.and sahil what about you ??

Rev
Old 7th October 2005, 00:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Where Can I Find It ?

Hello Everybody,

After Going Through PSYCHO'S Engine Start Button Guide, I Am Definately Going For One.

So I Want To Buy Red Engine Start Button Switch.
Can Any One Help Me?
Where Can i Buy It?

Address And Phone Number Will Be A Great Help.

Thx In Advance

Mugen_Power
Old 5th August 2008, 14:38   #37
BHPian

Wanted some inputs on the push button ignition.

Hi Team, please help me in understanding the push button ignition, I have seen most of the racing cars with this type of ignition.

1. I want to know how much it would cost.
2. Will it harm the car engine or cause of any electrical issue.
3. What are the advantage and disadvantages of this type of ignition.
Attached Thumbnails
Push Button Start / Ignition-sw601.jpg  

Old 5th August 2008, 17:17   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. I want to know how much it would cost.
Probably Rs.200 for the cheapest one, and then upward depending on brand. My Jeep had one temporarily fitted (cheap one). I can tell you that it was fun to use

Quote:
2. Will it harm the car engine or cause of any electrical issue.
Nothing to do with the engine. No problem with the electricals either, as long as it is properly installed.

Quote:
3. What are the advantage and disadvantages of this type of ignition.
Looks and wow factor. Thats it. First car I drove that had the engine start button was the S2000. Sitting with your legs stretched flat, small steering wheel, short throw 6 speed and that red button staring in your face was really something else.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Disadvantages: (obviously) Possible loss of electrical warranty ?
Old 5th August 2008, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Is it a straight forward install GTO ? and if anybody could tell me where i can source on in India it might be of interest , I am interested in the WOW factor !!! and if the switched is in "ON" position can the car be push started (Low Battery Scenario) ? Logically it should be but i prefer to know from the experts in the forum !!
Old 5th August 2008, 18:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Where can you get one?
Old 5th August 2008, 20:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

You get branded ones starting at 4k. I had one installed years ago was a branded one...dont remember the brand though..
Any electrician can install it. need some splicing to be done to the ignition key unit. Have the option of using the key as well as the button or just the button or you need the key to switch it on then use the button to start the engine..
Old 5th August 2008, 21:13   #43
Team-BHP Support

If you ask Sideways, Ishan, Ford Rocam and Sam, they will advise never to put that on. It gave so many problems in the JBL swifts. The check engine light kept coming on and the push start would not work after that.
Old 5th August 2008, 21:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yup, it was a pain in the backside on YetiOne when we drove it to Bombay & later on too. At times it would simply refuse to function & we would either have to push start the car or disconnect the battery & reset the ECU to get it started again.

I wouldn't get one if I were you.
Old 5th August 2008, 21:56   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

It's only a switch, so whether it is placed on the key or separately is not going to make any difference, in principle.

When I was a child, all cars had separate starter switches (Err... they also carried starting handles, for when the battery failed!).

Then it became so much smarter and more modern to combine the switch into the ignition. Now people are thinking its groovy to have a switch!

My doubt would be security. You could be screwing up any immobiliser fitted by messing around with the starter/ignition switching. You might render the car easier to steal --- or possibly not able to start ever again!!!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed