Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 20:23   #196
BHPian

Re: Stanley leather seats - review please

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I had a similar experience. Stanley Mumbai said they can't do the steering wheel. So I got it done at the Honda dealer (Linkway). They charged me Rs 2500 for pure leather wrapped steering wheel (black is the only color choice, which was fine by me) & did an awesome job.

I had spoken to Stanley a week before the delivery so when they turned me down for the steering I checked with the dealer. So effectively my car was delivered with leather wrapped steering wheel. When I took my car to Stanley for the seat covers they appreciated the job done on the steering wheel and were trying to figure out how to do it themselves locally. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I have no other option now but to look at other option. My dealer did not have a pure leather option. What he was offering was a leather wrap (art i guess) which is available outside for 300 bucks. Even the finish is not that great.

I will check with other dealers of maruti if they do pure leather wrap for the steering.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:17   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I paid approximately 35000 (after some 3-4% discount) for Stanley for my Honda City. I got the Satin variant, which is 1.2 mm thickness if i remember correctly. I had also explored the art-leather-in-non-touch-areas option but didn't go for it since the price differential between that and Satin was only about 5000. Scandinavian & Napa are obviously better than Satin and higher priced too. Probably makes sense in BMW/Merc/Audi type cars.

I went to the Stanley Boutique in Andheri (E). Ask for Yusuf, he is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable.

Absolutely impeccable fit and finish. Go for it by all means if your budget permits.
Hi Eagles, so how long back you got the seat covers done from Stanley? I am still not able to understand why there is almost 40% increased price in Delhi ? I went through the thread but it looks like Stanley seat covers should not cost more than INR35K for classic leather.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:49   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I got a leather cover for my xuv last week. My xuv has both abs and airbags, did not create any problems at all. Got it done in stanley in chennai. I paid 2900.
Hi anandtheleo,

Which leather you have gone for the steering of your car? Because I think for the steering alone this amount is bit on the higher side.

Last edited by db0009 : 10th April 2012 at 11:50.
Old 10th April 2012, 12:49   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Hi Eagles, so how long back you got the seat covers done from Stanley? I am still not able to understand why there is almost 40% increased price in Delhi ? I went through the thread but it looks like Stanley seat covers should not cost more than INR35K for classic leather.
I got quote of 38 K for part leather and 48 K (for the lowest quality leather) for full leather. 2 years back I had got it done for 22 k (part leather). They informed me that prices were revised 4 times in 2 years.
Old 10th April 2012, 13:25   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Hi anandtheleo,

Which leather you have gone for the steering of your car? Because I think for the steering alone this amount is bit on the higher side.
It was not something very specific, like 'Napa" was normal black leather. It was 'made for order' & they got it done in Bangalore and shipped to Chennai. The installer then installed it.

From what info I gathered from the forum and elsewhere, this is the price I got.
Old 10th April 2012, 17:41   #201
Senior - BHPian

anandtheleo is right. This is hand-stitched leather steering wrap and will cost you around this ballpark. I paid 2.5k for my vento 8 months back.

If you are going for a machine stitched option, it may work out to be cheaper, but you'd not get the fit and finish like the hand-stitched wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

From what info I gathered from the forum and elsewhere, this is the price I got.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:43   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
I got it done in January, so not that long ago. I am not sure why there is a difference in Delhi prices. As far as I can remember Classic is the furniture grade leather, and not recommended for automobiles. Mine was Satin, which is a notch above Classic price wise.
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:12   #203
Senior - BHPian

Stanley Leather Steering Cover

Hi guys,

I currently have a leather steering cover for my Polo 1.6 but these are the ones that are sewn together with lace. So obviously you can imagine the fit and finish which is quiet an eye sore. So I was looking for a steering cover with a 'factory like fit' and I believe that Stanley are capable of doing this.

My biggest issue is that I have been told that I need to remove the steering wheel and have the same sent to Bangalore for this job. This would mean that I would not be able to use my car for a good 3-4 days. Is there anyone (professional) in Mumbai who can get this done?
Old 4th May 2012, 17:53   #204
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stanley Leather Steering Cover

That's just non-sense. It looks like stanley mumbai is very apprehensive of doing any steering related work due to some reason or the other.

The material arrives from bangalore, and the local stanley installers do a hand-stitched finish for the steering. Doesnt take more than a couple of hours at the most.

It would be advisable for you to look elsewhere, how about ovion, karlsson, etc in your place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

My biggest issue is that I have been told that I need to remove the steering wheel and have the same sent to Bangalore for this job. This would mean that I would not be able to use my car for a good 3-4 days. Is there anyone (professional) in Mumbai who can get this done?
Old 4th May 2012, 18:13   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
That's just non-sense. It looks like stanley mumbai is very apprehensive of doing any steering related work due to some reason or the other.

The material arrives from bangalore, and the local stanley installers do a hand-stitched finish for the steering. Doesnt take more than a couple of hours at the most.

It would be advisable for you to look elsewhere, how about ovion, karlsson, etc in your place?
bala it is true. when i was in Delhi there also for steering stanley quoted same thing (about a week as steering will have to be sent to Bangalore!)

Karlsson is only in Bangalore as far as I know.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:58   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
bala it is true. when i was in Delhi there also for steering stanley quoted same thing (about a week as steering will have to be sent to Bangalore!)

Guys! Forget about Stanley and their stupid attitude, I got my steering done last week from a brand called Orchis. They have done an absolute tremendous job and outcome is like OE fitment. Apparently they do leather upholstery for Skoda too as OE I guess. Please check out this place as its total VFM and their instals are excellent.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:18   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys! Forget about Stanley and their stupid attitude, I got my steering done last week from a brand called Orchis. They have done an absolute tremendous job and outcome is like OE fitment. Apparently they do leather upholstery for Skoda too as OE I guess. Please check out this place as its total VFM and their instals are excellent.
Hi Epic,

Well we have Karlsson in Bangalore and they are doing quite outstanding work. I'll most likely go to them if I go for leather seats.

You can give more details about Orchis (like address/contact nos etc). This will help people in Mumbai. Are they present in other cities as well? Any facebook page?
Old 8th May 2012, 00:10   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Karlsson has a branch in Mumbai too. Read on their website, seems they started mumbai branch recently.
Old 9th May 2012, 00:34   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Epic! Could you please share pictures of the install?
Old 9th May 2012, 10:00   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys. Pics of my steering wheel after the install from Orchis
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-steering-1.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-steering-2.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-steering-3.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-steering-4.jpg  

Stanley & other Leather seat brands-steering-5.jpg  

Epic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed