Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th April 2017, 09:15   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Stanley & other Leather seat brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Does Stanley, Karlsson or any other manufacturer do leather seats for cars with airbags in the seats? I'm inquiring specifically about X1 as only the M Sport version comes in leather. The other 3 variants come in art leather.
Hey did you get this info? I'm considering the same for my GT.
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:20   #287
BHPian

Default Dash wraps - Vinyl / Art leather in Bangalore

I have always had a thing (but never the cash!) for cars with a soft touch finish on the dashboard - whether soft touch plastics or leather.

My current ride is an EcoSport with a hard and scratchy dash surface (mottled texture doesn't help).

I was wondering if it is possible to get the upper dash area wrapped in leather or some kind of 3M-type vinyl? The idea is to get to a dash surface such feels /looks like those from premium cars.

I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube of installers in India doing a leather wrap.

Is something like this really feasible / advisable? Are there any recommended places in Bangalore who can do this? Would love to hear thoughts.
qaqa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:53   #288
BHPian

Default Re: Dash wraps - Vinyl / Art leather in Bangalore

No doubt it would look good but I guess they would install the material with help of a glue which will spoil the original surface if one wants to remove it sometime later or if the material starts coming off from corners. Also, it would be tricky to finish the material around the airbag opening area.

In our tropical climate, I have seen soft touch surfaces degrade and melt in cars which are parked in sun for long duration.

I would suggest to avoid it.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 13:39   #289
Senior - BHPian

You could try having plastidip sprayed on to the dash.

It gives a rubberised coating to the dash and should be removable if you don't like it.

That said, test spray 4 coats on a less visible area first, also check if it peels off the plastic cleanly and properly.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:05   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
You could try having plastidip sprayed on to the dash.

It gives a rubberised coating to the dash and should be removable if you don't like it.

That said, test spray 4 coats on a less visible area first, also check if it peels off the plastic cleanly and properly.
I would never recommend plastidipping your dash board unless you're willing to remove the whole dash from the car, paint it, and see if that whats you want. Not only that, but if not painted properly and given enough coating, it will be a nightmare to remove.

On top of that, depending on your dash, you might not get a smooth surface but rather patterned surface with different color.
sxenimit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 20:12   #291
BHPian

Can anyone please provide contact details for Stanley or other good leather seat covers in Delhi or Noida?
Old 30th August 2019, 22:59   #292
sbm
BHPian

Does anyone have info about good seat makers in Dhanbad or Ranchi. My Baleno's original fabric is wearing out and needs replacement.
Old 27th October 2019, 08:20   #293
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Did anybody here heard of / had an experience with Saddles India Pvt Ltd ?

I want to get my Vento steering wheel wrapped in leather or art leather (Leatherette). I called Stanley Hyderabad and they said they don't do accessories separately, but would do the accessories only if we get the seat covers also done. But I have no plans of getting seat covers done. So was searching the internet and found these guys who are primarily in Bangalore and they seem to have a branch or person in Telangana & AP as well (According to their website). So, wanted to know beforehand if any Team-BHPian has any experience with this brand.

This is their Official Website : https://saddlesindia.com/

I'm also looking forward to get some leather wrapped to the plastic that's towards the side of the gearbox where my knees touch while driving. It is hard plastic and it hurts my knee during drives. So thought of this idea. Any suggestions regarding this are welcome. I've attached a pic which I extracted from the Team-BHP official review and edited it so that it highlights the area I'm talking about.

Does anyone know where I can get the work done in Hyderabad ?
Attached Thumbnails
Stanley & other Leather seat brands-2015vwvento13.jpg  

Most Viewed